[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medicine saved my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: DSC_0001.jpg (215KB, 1204x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001.jpg
215KB, 1204x800px
But pure mathematics meme never will.

Think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOf-z0D1mHk
>>
>>9049877
Don't overdose. Read the instructions carefully.
>>
Only microdose.

That way the doctors cant get you addicted
>>
>>9049877
DrugsĀ“ Efficacy is studied in Clinical Trials whose result is expressed with Mathematics
>>
>implying doctors (soon to be obsolete) could dose medications correctly without pure mathematics
>>
>>9049877
Chemistry saved your life, not medicine.Chemists truly are the silent heroes of this world.
>>
>>9049877
You can't be a doctor without being a competent mathematician. Honestly theyre the masterrace.
>>
File: JohnvonNeumann-LosAlamos.gif (281KB, 490x639px) Image search: [Google]
JohnvonNeumann-LosAlamos.gif
281KB, 490x639px
>>9049877
Medicine do not saved the greatest Applied Mathematician of All Time

John Von Neumann

He died prematurely at age 53, in 1957

Von Neumann was diagnosed with bone cancer or pancreatic cancer

Caused by exposure to radioactivity while observing Nuclear bomb tests in the Pacific & New Mexico. (Fellow Enrico Fermi died of stomach cancer in 1954.)

Von Neumann died within a few months of the initial diagnosis, in excruciating pain. The cancer had spread to his brain, inhibiting mental ability.

Sources:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann#Death
>http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/John_von_Neumann#Cancer_and_death
>>
>>9050168
Pharmacology requires biology as much as chemistry.
>>
File: 1499288268544.jpg (32KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
1499288268544.jpg
32KB, 400x382px
>>9050172
How many Medical Doctors can Proof?

How many doctors know Real Analysis? Topology? Differential Geometry? Commutative Algebra? Chaos Theory? Financial Math? Differential Equations? Algebraic Geometry?

How many know all such math being able to prove all Theorems.

Besides Mathematicians I know just a few scientists that mastered that.

On top of that I know only one Physicist that not only mastered all of that but also won a Fields Medal.
>>
>allowing another genetically inferior person to live and procreate
Thanks medicine
>>
Medicine can't even cure a cold. Mathematics could predict physical phenomena that are so subtle that even experiments lied to the masses.
>>
well thank biologists for figuring out how all of this shit works. otherwise they'd be bloodletting you instead of giving you drugs.
>>
>>9050187
Whoa, so this is the power of /sci/
>>
File: IMG_0084.gif (44KB, 525x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.gif
44KB, 525x387px
>>9049877
Mathematics can predict the trend of epidemics so that Doctors would know what to do. If it weren't for mathematics, we wouldn't be ready for an epidemic strike and even Doctors would be powerless against Ebola or something like that.
>>
>>9050187
t. Triggered math major that found out medicine is the real course that will get you 300k starting
>>
>>9050214
Pulling at strings here
>>
>>9050187
Man, I'm midway through medical school and I only know highschool level math why would I learn more if I don't give a fuck about it?
>>
ITT: people desperately trying to deal with feeling inferior to doctors
>>
>>9050173
He couldn't handle the physics..
>>
File: 14695_10_06_17_3_10_20.png (47KB, 1024x1093px) Image search: [Google]
14695_10_06_17_3_10_20.png
47KB, 1024x1093px
this is a fractal

you'll thank me when you're older
>>
>>9050168
>Implying it's a heroic act to save someone that according to darwin, should have died off, and more important; not reproduce and infect it's weaknesses to the future.

Medical advancements are the reason humans will get wiped off this planet some day.
>>
Medicine save my life

But

>History
>Economics
>Law
>Mathematics
>Chemistry
>Biology
>Art
>Philosophy
>Finance
>Business
>Language
>English
>Music
> X

never will think about it.

Think about it.
>>
>>9050174
top fucking kek
>>
>>9050173
There is no such thing as applied mathematics. Mathematics is mathematics.
>>
Sorry cant hear you over my 300K starting.

#sorrynotsorry

Captcha: calle expiriance
>>
File: sEevZ.png (23KB, 740x308px) Image search: [Google]
sEevZ.png
23KB, 740x308px
>Medicine saved my life
>But pure mathematics meme never will.

Maybe ""pure math"" never will but applied math sure as hell did.

Also, I'm curious if ""pure medicine"" could save someones life? Pure in the sense that it has no other disciplines of science involved in it. What would ""pure medicine"" look like? I'm pretty sure ""pure medicine"" is what witch doctors practice.
>>
File: 1-ekxLnZoSewL3p7pVUrMEhQ.jpg (444KB, 1819x760px) Image search: [Google]
1-ekxLnZoSewL3p7pVUrMEhQ.jpg
444KB, 1819x760px
people interesting 10 times in mathematics and science.

what will happen?
>>
We are still in a very primitive age of medicine. Our knowledge of drugs only goes to their first direct physical binding sites. Downstream effects are guesses at best. We have pharmaceutical hammers and everything looks like nails.
>>
>>9052663
>implying chemists didn't get laid before biologists
the magic of GHB
>>
>>9053262
>Chemists
What do you do besides mix muh chemicals?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.