[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happends if you stand on a car's roof going 60MPH while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1776.jpg (136KB, 1080x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1776.jpg
136KB, 1080x579px
what happends if you stand on a car's roof going 60MPH while there's a constant 60MPH wind hitting you from the back ?
>>
>>9049741
the car would go 120 MPH and you would still fall off
>>
Not enough information. You need to tell me if I, standing on the top of the car, am facing the same way of the car, the back, one of the sides, or whatever angle possible.
>>
>>9049742
If the car is going 60mph it can not, by definition, go 120mph.
>>
>>9049743
Also, should we consider the air, is there an atmosphere, what is the gravity, what is the card made of, what is its density, what is its fucking topology. I hate people who make threads like this because they just don't understand everything that's in a question.
>>
File: 1445816155052.jpg (310KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445816155052.jpg
310KB, 1024x768px
>>9049746
the 60 is contained in the 120
>>
You won't feel the wind.
>>
It's like when Einstein rode that light beam. The curvature of space time cancels out the Coriolis effects of the earth, creating anti-wind currents that, in tandem with Nye-Tyson Effect, negate the effects on your body while creating new genders.
>>
>>9049746
But it depends on the reference point. Say that I'm on Mars, and I see the Earth, as well as everything on it, traveling at several thousand miles per hour. If suddenly the car stops going at the same speed as the Earth, then it will wind up in space. And due to it's small size and incredibly low speed, it may be ejected from the solar system. You would die.
>>
>>9049741
Nothing, you just won't feel the wind or anything.
I'm assuming the wind itself is 60 regardless of your situation.
Imagine you as a kid and you stick your hand out of a car (going 60) and you feel that wind rush going against your hand
But this new 60 mph wind is going to push that oppositely on the back of your hand
So it would be as if you are just standing outside with no car and no wind.
>>
>>9049741
A solution of the navier stokes equation is needed for a meaningful anwser
>>
>>9049996
Then solve it, you brainlet.
>>
>>9049751
group B was brutal.

Too bad accidents happen.
>>
>>9049741
60mph relative or absolute?

Is it a 60mph wind in the direction of travel or a 120 one felt as a 60mph relative wind?
>>
>>9050259
Presumably the former.
>>
The cops pull you over, and give you a fine.

Or the driver has to brake and you fly off the roof to a gruesome death.

Or nothing, since it is impossible for you to run at 60mph on the top of a cars roof. (on the roof of a car going 60) is probably what you meant to say. right?
>>
>>9049777
now that you mention Einstein, what happens if you are on a spaceship at 99.99% os the speed of light and turn on a headlight on the same ship? would you see the lightbeam slowly advancing forward?
>>
>>9052406
No, all reference frames perceive the speed of light to be the same.

It would be no different than turning on your car's headlights.
>>
>>9049741
In an ideal situation you'd be able to stand on the roof, in a realistic situation you'd go tumbling off the side of the car.

Even if you're being hit by a 60MPH wind, you'd still want to tie yourself down.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.