[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demonstrable v personal intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Which one is more ideal /sci/? Let me give an example:

1. (PERSONAL) You study 4 topics during the summer, reading textbooks, completing exercises until you're confident in your grasp of the subjects. Note that only you are aware of your grasp.

2. (DEMONSTRABLE) You study 1-2 topics during the summer, but program an algorithm that demonstrates your competency in one of the topics, showing others your grasp and further enhancing your own. Note that you now do not study the other 2-3 subjects you could have.

What do you guys think?
>>
knowledge you never use is by definition useless
>>
>>9049499
What if those topics you don't study are indeed relevant to your field? Suppose you will one day use all knowledge of the aforementioned subjects
>>
>>9049497
Personal knowledge has it limitations. You are subject to your own delusions and misunderstandings.
>>
>>9049510
>What if those topics you don't study are indeed relevant to your field?
then you should learn them, or find someone who knows them
>>
>>9049512
That's not the question anon.
>>
>>9049499
It's going to be tough selling you insurance, I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBCFEEZe1U
>>
>>9049525
jej
>>
>>9049510

You need to have a goal in mind. Decide if that goal needs you to demonstrate your abilities more.

There are various ways to do this depending on what your field is:

> Get a certification if you are trying to be a crane operator or something
> Make friends with someone reputable who can be a reference
> Have a personal blog to post about relevant things you do that demonstrate your skills
> Be a neet and do whatever you want
>>
>>9049522
>That's not the question anon.
But the question was
>What if those topics you don't study are indeed relevant to your field?
>>
>>9049536
Regarding the OP he means
>>
>>9049558
But I answered that here:
>>9049499
>>
>>9049560
OP here, let me rephrase in light of your point. Suppose all subjects you will have to learn eventually. Would it be a better use of time to learn all 4 during the summer, or learn 2 very well and be able to demonstrate your knowledge
>>
>>9049572
>Suppose all subjects you will have to learn eventually. Would it be a better use of time to learn all 4 during the summer, or learn 2 very well and be able to demonstrate your knowledge
just learn them as you need them
>>
why are there always at least a few threads about iq/intel on sci?
>>
>>9049590
This isn't about IQ, so I don't understand that bit, and intelligence is a very interesting subject. Being predominantly autistic, I can only assume the typical /sci/ lurker is looking for a way of "optimizing" his cognitive capacity/function, hence the threads.
>>
>>9049598
well, then
>>9049534

is correct

/thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.