[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is fluoride in our water safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: fluoride-is-it-safe.jpg (68KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
fluoride-is-it-safe.jpg
68KB, 461x346px
Hello /sci/,

recently, I am becoming concerned with fluoridation of water supplies, could any of you help answer the following questions for me?

>is there a safe dose of fluoride to take regularly?
>does fluoride bioaccumulate in the body, so that even low doses build up over the years?
>does fluoride actually prevent tooth decay?
>do you consider the levels of fluoride found in drinking water to be safe?

Thank you.
>>
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas.
>>
>>9048686
nope, it's clearly a mind-control mechanism employed by the US government, along with iodized salt, globe-earth, and chemtrails.
>>
>is fluoride in our water safe?
yes
>>
>>9048696
this is an interesting article, but I couldn't find at what dose this loss of IQ is occurring? Also, might it be possible that the areas are lower IQ not because of the fluoride, but maybe low IQ areas are less likely to have good dental health and are receiving water fluoridation to compensate?
>>9048701
what papers/articles have led you to this conclusion?
>>
File: ehp.1104912.g002[1].png (317KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
ehp.1104912.g002[1].png
317KB, 800x627px
>>9048696
The metaanalysis referenced in that article describes a very very tiny effect size (less than a single IQ point on average) for concentrations 10 times greater than recommended doses in public drinking water, because they lived around coal or in really shitty areas. To assume the same effect or make any dose-response conclusions based on it is nonsense.
>>
>>9048747
Thanks for this clarification. Do you know if fluoride can be excreted from the body once taken in, or does it bioaccumulate over many years?
>>
Higher fluorine compound levels in water correlates with lower IQ, and the dose response curve appears to be relatively linear. Look at Chinese studies for the upper bounds of this.

It's really not surprising that an element that readily cripples iodine trafficking and availability, and binds calcium, would cause issues. Most people think of bone when you mention calcium, they should be thinking of arterial walls, muscles, and nerves. Pretty much every cell in the body makes use of calcium channels for signalling.

It's just industrial waste from fertilizer production being dumped into water. Most of the breakdown products of these mixtures aren't even sodium fluoride, and they're generally contaminated with heavy metals. It's trash.
>>
>>9048818
Some is excreted through urine and feces ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9764571 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21701189 ), some is circulating around your blood and some is deposited in bones and teeth. But at any rate, kidneys are pretty good and quick at removing excess fluoride from the blood.
>>
>>9048855
thanks again anon, i suppose then my main concern would be what happens to the fluoride in the bones? can it reenter the blood and be excreted or is it stuck there forever? can't fluoride build up in the bones cause health issues?
>>
>>9048686
>does fluoride actually prevent tooth decay
Yes. It sacrifices instead of the hard covering of the teeth(don't know the name in english) by the attack of the acids generated by the bacteria eatig the sugars left in your mouth , that's why it's so important to brush tour teeth before you sleep. To minimize the sugars in your mouth and apply protective fluoride.

Now, if everybody bruahed their teeth, there shouldn't be any fluoride in the water, it's just countermeasure '(also levels the acidic levels in water)

If you're so concerned, just get an Activated Carbon filter, I'm not 100% sure, but they probably remove fluoride.
>>
>>9049077
>hard covering of the teeth(don't know the name in english)
enamel i think
>>
>>9048686
>medicating the public via the water system

That's evil.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.