[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuclear Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: nuclear.gif (30KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear.gif
30KB, 500x373px
Hello friends,

I've come to you again for answers.
I'm considering doing nuclear engineering but I'm concerned about its jobs prospects (this is kinda important for me because 3rd world country), what else can you do with the aforementioned degree besides:
Work in pic related
Nuclear medicine
I know there's some burgers that work in subs, but I doubt they'll hire a foreigner for that.
Also, I suppose it's really necessary to have a PhD to have better opportunities (I guess that when the time comes I'll know what it's gonna be about), but I don't know about other areas besides nuclear med, and nuclear plants.

Can someone give me the quick rundown job opportunities?

thanks.
>>
>>9048119
look at your government's job listings...
Why wouldn't your own country let you work in a sub if they have them? Stop trying to steal US jobs nigger.
>>
>>9048119
what do you think a nuclear engineer does

i think you just like the name of it
>>
Currently studying Nuclear E.
-You can design new plants to be built
-There's lots of research and consulting opportunities
-Fusion my guy

>inb4 fusion is a meme
>>
>>9048119
An actual nuclear engineer here.
Don't do it, bro.
No one wants nuclear, not anymore.
We're a worthless meme.
>>
>>9048133
We don't have nuclear subs in Argentina, but I guess that with time I'll consider working for the govt here.
>>9048140
Please talk me about the research opportunities, I like what the guys at General Fusion are doing.
>>9048135
I like the aerospace engineering name better.
>>9048144
Oh no, your opinion contradicts with >>9048140
fug.
>>
>>9048179
There's so many different things you could do for research. Big stuff is next generation reactors, exploration of neutron interactions with materials, and of course fusion. Fusion has a long way to go, but right now (at least in the U.S.) it's going in the correct direction theory wise. There's a number of pop-up research foundations in the U.S. over the past 2~3 years, one is backed by Bill Gates
>>
>>9048187
Do you plan to go after a PhD when you finish your degree?
>>
>>9048187
I'm >>9048144, stuck in the United Kingdom.
>>
>>9048223
I don't think G.B. plans to expand nuclear, kys lmao

Or move to U.S.

Or learn chinese
>>
>>9048273
I'm thinking about moving to the U.S. or learning Chinese, or maybe Japanese, if they stop being pussies.
>>
>>9048273
are the chinks going to become the next nuclear overlords?

I bet they'll use some nuclear power in their african projects.
>>
>>9048221
Maybe eventually, right now I need to get some money before I go chasing that 4 year cesspool, definitely getting a masters in the next 5 years (I'm in 3rd year of B.S.)

I'm also >>9048273
So take that as seriously as you want
>>
>>9048279
Africans have good raw material, but no one wants to build there understandably. China is growing fast, and the U.S. is starting to realize that, so both countries are going through a development period. It's a really good time for nuclear actually, because if you want fast money, do cheap plans in China, if you can. Or make a mix of last gen and next gen in the U.S.
>>
>>9048300
Don't you think that chinese are able to cover their own demand of NukE? Considering that well they have a population of 1.300.000.000+ chinks?
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/18535276
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.