[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can scientists be good politicians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: lhl.jpg (165KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lhl.jpg
165KB, 1620x1080px
I read that Lee Hsien Loong was the Senior Wrangler (first place in annual exam) when he was reading mathematics in Cambridge, and his tutor believed he could become a mathematician.

tfw ywn have a math genius be your dictator
>>
File: 2016_09_german_new_new.jpg (768KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2016_09_german_new_new.jpg
768KB, 1280x800px
>>9048028
>Can scientists be good politicians?

Well Merkel has a degree in Physics and she allowed 1,000,000 muslim refugees to freely come to Europe. So yes, Scientists can be very good politicians because being a STEM major automatically means they know whats best for the country.
>>
>>9048028
Singaporeans are obsessed with this technocratic shit. I won't say it's without merit, but there are other qualities people ought to value in their leaders. This tendency of theirs certainly contributes to the stifling nature of their society
>>
>>9048041
How can a scientific background lead to stifling??
>>
>>9048036
Not just a degree, the bitch has a PhD in physical chemistry.
>>
File: 474928632.jpg (313KB, 1024x618px) Image search: [Google]
474928632.jpg
313KB, 1024x618px
>>9048028
Can scientists be good politicians?

>>9048036
Yes, you can be a Powerful politician like Merkel.

Merkel is BSc in Physics & PhD in Quantum Chemistry. She worked as a researcher and published several papers.

She also speaks Russian Fluently besides German & English. She won Prizes in Math (the language of science) when Young.

However personally I think Merkel is an Awful politician that is ruining Germany & Europe by Pushing Refugee Immigration.
>>
>>9048041
Which other qualities?
>>
>>9048028

> Syrian president and war criminal Bashar al-Assad was an opthalmologist
>Canadian PM Justin Trudeau once explained quantum computing, but he calls himself a feminist.

So no.
>>
>>9048146
her phd is a joke, she studied in communist germany, and this means it's worthless crap
>>
>having a tutor
>smart
pick one
>>
>>9048028
>What is a philosopher-king?
A leader, in this case, a politican.
>What is science?
Applied natural PHILOSOPHY.
So yes and you'd have a technocracy.
>>
>>9048274
tutor is the term which is the equivalent to mentor which is usually a university faculty member smartass... not paid homework help
>>
Hit or miss. Herbert Hoover was a mining engineer, Maragaret Thatcher was a chemist.
>>
>>9048174
>she studied in communist germany, and this means it's worthless crap
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1076567008700429
>>
File: 1483060539749.png (14KB, 471x426px) Image search: [Google]
1483060539749.png
14KB, 471x426px
>>9048122
nah it's the nature of their extremely long held cultural beliefs, and the dogmatic level to which they pursue them as ideals
>>
>>9048041
Technocracy is great when applied for what it's worth.
You put the experts of each field in their respecrive spot. Not puting chemists doing architecture, and medics doing accounting.

The problem is the head, the leader, and how can he be neutral, instead you build a senate with experts from different groups to take kn the executive desicions.
>>
>>9049093
Being good at science doesn't means that you will be good at politics.

In the rare case that you can do both well, that just makes you an average politician or scientist.
>>
>>9048274
in cambridge and oxford, you are taught in groups of 1-3 by faculty members. normally for about 2hrs total a day.
in oxford we call them tutors, in cambridge i think they call them supervisors tho
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.