[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are scientists lazier this generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: einstein.jpg (755KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
einstein.jpg
755KB, 1920x1080px
why havn't we found a new theory of gravity to overtake General Relativity yet?
>>
File: 1500434194382.jpg (32KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
1500434194382.jpg
32KB, 400x382px
>>9047946
String Theory
>>
>>9047946
Because Relativity has holy status among the establishment at the moment and any scientist who challenges it is labeled a crackpot and shunned.

Used to be that you waited for the previous generation of establishment to die off (how Relativity became popular in the first place; old establishment hated it but they died off) but for some reason things don't really change as much between generations.
>>
Einstein was fucking dumb.
>>
>>9048781
I know right. Dude didn't even know how to comb his hair.
>>
>>9048082
You need evidence to change tack. There is no valid experimental proof of SR or GR, but if Einstein is wrong that means the Earth is stationary, which doesn't make any sense unless the Universe was designed with us at the centre i.e. God. But even so the conclusion that particles with mass cannot be accelerated above the speed c is experimentally correct and demonstrated at the LHC countless times apparently. However it is possible that some other parametre changes and not the mass. Lorentz for example suggested that it would simply take an infinite amount of time to get to c. All really interesting, shame we have to reduce everything down to one unprovable theory when there are many variations.
>>
>>9048792
lmoa what a faggot
>>
>>9048781
This. While the average IQ on /sci/ is well over 200, Einstein's IQ was only about 125. Kek, what a fucking brainlet.
>>
Because they're all trying to fight climate change. Do your part or shut up.
>>
>>9047946
We have lots of stuff to figure out with relativity and how to build cool stuff with it still. Maybe there is something in relativity we have to utilize to be able to build instruments powerful enough to make the hypotheses needed for the new theory.
>>
>>9047972

This. String theory is the only known theory of quantum gravity and as such overtakes general relativity (in addition to quantum field theory of point particles). It is hard because we lack means to directly test the regime where quantum gravity applies.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.