[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am returning to school in the fall and will be taking Calc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1499535116002.jpg (320KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1499535116002.jpg
320KB, 2048x1366px
I am returning to school in the fall and will be taking Calc I/II/III/Diff Eq over the next two years. What should I study before then to be successful, as someone who has been in the workforce and forgot all the math they learned in high school?
>>
So at what level are you at now, can you do trigonometry, do you know what a function is? Get a precal book and go over those things they'll be used everywhere in those courses. Those 4 courses are basically "drill courses" where you have to do a bunch of problems using a few techniques and the only thing that separates each problem is tricky substitution or trigonometry or using logarithms.

So if you can get to know : exponentials, logarithms, trigonometry functions, then you can ace those 4 courses. The techniques they teach you there are super easy, it's the trig and other stuff that makes people fail.
>>
If you want an A in Calc I, definitely know everything through Calc III and get a head start on real analysis.
>>
>>9047065
Not that anon, but what do you recommend to get a good refresh?
>>
>>9047043
Learn about the algebra and geometry of real numbers, and the properties of special functions like trigonometric functions, inverse trigonometric functions, exponential functions, logarithms and hyperbolic functions.

That should be more than enough to start Calculus I.
>>
>>9047043
I wonder where is that photo from. They look really retarded save for a few.
>>
>>9047043
I took Calc 1 in Sophomore year of HS, I got a C but my teacher got fired because she failed half the class. Point is, learn the subject, don't worry about the grade.
>>
>>9047084
get a schaum's book on precalculus, it has tons of exercises and answers and it's super cheap unlike those 150$ bricks with pictures of people surfing and tons of nonesense.
>>
>>9047043
math grad here. got c's in all those classes kek

fuck them they dont matter, unless you actually like applied math then go be an engineer
>>
>>9047065
Trig is what I'm worried about. Do you recommend any particular books or online courses?

>>9047104
I am going into engineering
>>
>>9047043
Khan Academy from grade one to precalc. You can do it in a couple months if you keep at it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.