[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my dad had testicular cancer a few years back. He survived,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
So my dad had testicular cancer a few years back. He survived, but I know that genetics play a large part in the formation of cancers. What can I do, aside from cutting my nads off, to prevent developing a tumor in my sack?
>>
>>9038977
Nothing

But don't worry about it because testicular cancer is one of the least dangerous types Come back when you lost a family member to colorectal, stomach, or lung cancer
>>
>>9038977
Your best bet would probably be to schedule a meeting with a urinologist, give him your dad's history, and ask him for advice.

You might also want to consider getting some sort of genetic test done, and see if you can identify any risks from that.
>>
>>9038977
Your unique option is imigrate to bolivia ,because has a godd system to cure cancer.
>>
>>9038977
cancer can skip generations
>>
>>9038977
Increases the probability but it doesn't make it certain.
>>
It's not that big of a deal if you get, thing has like a 90+% five-year survival rate

Do what this guy says >>9038993

Also don't be an idiot and do some 23andme bullshit, go to a clinical geneticist
>>
>>9038977
early detection is the key

get checked often as fuck. its just something you have to stay on top of. if they find it when its just a little baby cancer, your odds of survival with nuts intact goes way up.
>>
Eat a lot of blueberries
>>
Go vegan
>>
>>9038977
Eat your dads testicles, raw. This way you gain immunity against testicular cancer.
>>
>>9038977

9 times out of 10 testicular cancer is slow growing and will display a noticeable tumor on the surface of your testicle. Once you hit 30 you should regularly check your testicles, hold them one at a time between your thumb and index finger and kind of "roll" it around to get a feel for the surface. If you feel any hard painless lumps then get your ass to a doctor--also keep an eye out for other more obvious symptoms like swelling, tenderness, fever, etc.

The good news is that the hereditary component of testicular cancer is pretty small, you don't have a drastically higher chance of getting it just b/c your dad had it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.