[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh shit, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 3

File: 1499964062017.jpg (96KB, 1024x591px) Image search: [Google]
1499964062017.jpg
96KB, 1024x591px
Oh shit, what do?
>>
>>9035289
go 2% be a good lad, if youre not a brainlet then you wont need it anyway
>>
>>9035289
If you wanna be a gud boy dindu nuffin, select 2 points.

If you want to do it the smart way, select 6 points. If you and everyone else does, you lose nothing. It's already extra credit. But if you just so happen to be one of the few, you get 6 points.

Honestly, if I was the prof I'd just give everyone the points they asked for regardless of the percent. It's teaching people not to submit to authority.
>>
Just ignore it. Extra credit is for losers anyway.
>>
Play it safe, 2 points. Hopefully only those who really need it gamble on the 6
>>
>>9035289
lol thats pretty good.
>>
>>9035289
Take a risk and do 6, pussy.

It's probably a psych evaluation of some sort that separates the risk takers from the bum breakers
>>
>>9035289
Game theory.

Pick 6 faggot.
>>
>>9035289
is this for a game theory course ?
>>
this >>9035318
they want to see if you are le altruist goody2shoes
>>
>have to rely on the other brainlets in your class
just pick 6
>>
>>9035299
>If you and everyone else does, you lose nothing. It's already extra credit.
Republican detected.
>>
>>9035289
Pick the 6 points. Amerifags are retarded altruists, so they'll pick the 2 points option.
>>
>>9035403
Wait what? I'm actually a moderate liberal, where's the republican connection come in?
>>
My gut says six, people are dumb sheep who will play it safe and go with 2.
>>
>>9035289
I forgot to add: that's out of how many points?
>>
Those who would pick 2:
>>9035295
>>9035318
Those who would pick 6:
>>9035299
>>9035328
>>9035375
>>9035398
>>9035406
>>9035409
>b-b-but I'm sure most p-people will pick two! I'm s-s-smart, guys. I swear!
>>
>Being altruist and making sure everyone gets +2 makes you dumb
This is why the West is falling. Truly decadent thought.
>>
>>9035289
Select 6 because you are unlikely to significantly affect the overall results (any if over 10% pick 6 you get nothing even if you picked 2). Even if you pick 2 it will be unlikely to make the fact that 10% of the class did or did not choose 6 change, so might as well just go for 6.

Alternatively collaborate with the rest of your class to make it so less than 10% pick 6. Have a rock paper scissors tournament or something simple like that.
>>
>>9035289
>he needs extra credit in the first place
If you're actually smart, select 6 because you're getting an A anyway
>>
>>9035446
edgy intp/intj memers on 4chan = average uni normie.

wowee anon u rely nailed that1
>>
The only way it's disadvantageous to pick 6 is if exactly enough other people pick it so that one person makes the difference. If you consider 2 the default, you can look at choosing 6 as risking 2 points to try to gain 4 with the odds being in your favor, so there's really no reason not to do it.
>>
If the options were "get 10 pts" or "delete everybody else's pts", I would pick the latter
fucking pigs
just pick 6 and fuck them in the arse, nobody gets any free points
>>
>>9035289

10%... my class is around 150 people, that would mean that if my teacher were to do the same, as soon as 16 people chose the 6 points options, no one would get anything.

And if you don't think that at least 16 people would not choose the 6 point options just look at this thread of 20 posters saying that they would take the 6 points.

Also, the teacher is not doing this transparently, so in reality you would be just playing this game for his entertainment and no one is going to get the points anyway since you can't tell the difference between this being true or not unless he releases the verified responses.

So choose 6, and let your teacher make an article about "human greed" or "egoism" or give him one little anecdote to tell in class, in this way at least you will get some too fun out of it and in the slight case it actually happens you get 6 points, which in comparison to 2, seem to be far more meaningful for your grade scores.
>>
>>9035289

6 obviously. Best case no-one else picks it, worst case no-one at all gets a bonus.
>>
>>9035375
> muh game theory
You must provide some concrete reasoning and actual calculation.
Just going "m-muh game theory!" makes you sound like a retard who doesn't actually know the subject deeply, but heard the term on some popsci article.
Am I wrong?
>>
>>9035375
In game theory you would pick 2 you retard.
t. actually took a course on game theory

You would also do so with an air of dejection as you would know that the prisoners are always greedy.
>>
>>9035504
Briers migg or whatever the name is, which is not even worth remembering, is pseudoscience and wrong buddy.
>>
>>9035542
>>9035504

http://www.indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebsite/hrm/articles/develop/mbti.pdf
>>
>>9035289
my average in the class is like 99.9%, so i'd vote 6 points specifically to fuck over all the faggots who would selfishly vote for 6 points.
>>
>>9035463
Natural selection and capitalism go hand in hand. What are you a pussy? Take the 6 points.
>>
>>9035289
Depends how many students are in your class. If it's very large, your picking of 6 wouldn't make a large impact on the percentages of 6 pickers. If it's small, pick 2
>>
What kind of dipshit professor is this?
>>
>>9035289
You're only left with one option, and that is to pick 6.
The reason being is that, assuming most people pick 2, there will be a group that will select 6. Your hopes are to be among the group that pick 6, as you get 6 points. However, if too many people pick 6, then no one, not even those who were conservative and picked 2, will get any points. But in the off-chance that not enough people picked 6, then you get 6 points while the other scrubs get 2.
Basically you're betting that you get 6 or nothing vs. the outcome of receiving 2 or nothing.
Go for the 6 or nothing.
>>
File: 1499631990347.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1499631990347.gif
2MB, 425x481px
if you've already passed, then pick 6.
that way you'll help stop others passing
>>
>>9035576
This. What a mongoloid trashy professor. Either give the students extra points or don't. I bet he comes home and jerks off to the power trip he gets by doing this.
>>
>>9035583
I hope he just does this to see the outcome and doesn't actually give the points
>>
>tfw people are picking 6 because they think their choice doesn't matter but other people are picking 6 for the same reason

You have to collaborate and communicate with your peers, in isolation people will think the worst of each other and make decisions that fuck everybody up
>>
With repeated iterations of the prisoner's dilemma, the optimal strategy is tit-for-tat. So if your professor is likely to ask this question on future exams, your best bet it to pick 2. In the event that too many people chose 6, you pick 6 on future exams. Otherwise pick 2 again.

In the single iteration prisoner's dilemma, the optimal strategy is to pick 6 because it others are most likely to defect. So if you think your professor won't ask this question on a future exam, pick 6.
>>
If this were my chemistry class, I would pick 6 twice if I could. I got an A+ while the other brainlets were barely passing. Im not going to take 2% so they can have 6% they don't deserve.
>>
>>9035583
he's teaching prisoner's dilemma
>>
>>9035692
i.e.

98%+2%=100%
v
67%+6%=74%
>>
File: swole.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
swole.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>9035446
It all depends on how you see the question and whether or not you see grades as competitive.

"Gaining 2 points" is actually falling behind someone else by 4 points
"Gaining 6 points" is actually outscoring 90% of the class by 4 points

From this autistic, hyper-competitive worldview, going for 6 obviously dominates going for 2
>>
>>9035730
>"Gaining 6 points" is actually outscoring 90% of the class by 4 points
No, it's getting 0 points while everyone else gets zero as well. But for people with crab mentality that's better than getting 2 when someone else gets 6
>>
>>9035583
t. retard who can't pass classes without extra credit
>>
>>9035812
>repeating exactly what he said trying to sound contrarian
faggot. many classes are graded on a curve, where top is A+ and it goes down from there. in those classes it's objectively better to pick 6. that's the whole point of the post
>>
>>9035812
I'd rather get 0 than someone else to get undeserving 4 points more than me. I'd choose 6 just to "sabotage" it, so everyone gets the points they deserve in the fucking first place.
>>
>>9035812
>No, it's getting 0 points while everyone else gets zero as well.
But this can (and probably will) still happen, even if you choose to settle for 2 points.

>crab mentality
It's not crab mentality. It's competition.
>>
>>9035825
Why would they differ?
>>
>>9035839
Because American professors do this thing when they grade on a curve, so if you get 2 points and someone 6 you're literally worse off then if everybody got 0 extra points. It's ridiculous but that's how many professors are.
Crab mentality would be if they didn't grade on a curve.
>>
>>9035289
The chance of less than 15 of your classmates choosing 6 is essentially 0. Thus it doesn't matter what you choose.
>>
>>9035446
Again. You pick 6. You lose nothing. It was already extra credit.

Your problem is you're too willing to bend over and get fucked in the ass by the mob.
>>
>>9035289
Everyone picking 6 is the Nash equilibrium.
>>
>>9035839
"Crabs in a bucket" pull other crabs down, even if they themselves can't or won't escape.

It's not an applicable metaphor to a group of people competing for a top score.

>>9035860
So in essence you're arguing for picking 6?
>>
>>9035884
Everyone picking 2 is a communist.
>>
>>9035821
>many classes are graded on a curve, where top is A+ and it goes down from there. in those classes it's objectively better to pick 6. that's the whole point of the post
If it was graded on a curve, then the whole question wouldn't make any sense since then choosing 6 is ALWAYS better than choosing 2

>>9035825
>But this can (and probably will) still happen, even if you choose to settle for 2 points.
It's less likely to happen if you choose 2
>>
>>9035906
What if it was a trick question?
>>
>>9035913
Then I'd choose 2
>>
>>9035446
That's exactly why you should pick 6 because you're either fucked anyway or below the threshold
>>
, >>9035902
So from this example
communism:
>everybody wins a sustainable amount, objectively the best from

Capitalism:
>Greed causes everybody to lose out and unnecessarily makes the situation a zero sum game

Wtf, I'm a communist now

>>9035932
But you can push yourself over the threshold by picking 6
>>
>>9035944
*objectively the best from a utilitarian perspective
>>
2 points to fuck your classmates up. Remember they are your competition, the worse they do then the better it is for you.
>>
OP, please tell us whether this is graded on a curve or not. It makes a huge difference for strategy.
>>
Let's say everyone (including yourself) has the probability p of choosing 6 and the probability 1-p of choosing 2.
Then you can calculate the expected amount of bonus points as a function of p.
Now find the value of p for which this is maximal.
>>
>>9035980
p = 1 maximizes the expected amount on an individual basis how does that help? And if anything you would give p a prior distribution because everyone having the same probability of choosing 6 is a shit assumption.
>>
>>9035289
Pick 6 to sink the others.
>>
>>9035892
>So in essence you're arguing for picking 6?
No, I'm saying that it doesn't matter what you choose. From a purely probabilistic perspective, the chance of less than 15 classmates choosing 6 is negligible. The only way this does not apply is if there is a conspiracy among the classmates, at which point game theory takes over due to the potential for traitors to the agreement.
>>
>>9036001
If p=1 then the expected payoff is 0 and if p=0 then the expected payoff is 2.
So clearly p=1 can never be the maximum.
>>
>>9036018
i forgot about that condition mb
>>
>>9035980
The expected amount of points is always 0 unless p = 0.
>>
>>9035289
Did you take a fucking picture of your computer screen?
>>
>>9036031
Look at the filename retard.
>>
Say there's N people in the class and B is the least integer greater than .1N, so B is the boundary where the total payoff is 0 if B or more people select 6.

Let X ~ Bin(N, p) where p is the probability of choosing 6, so X is the number of people who choose 6 in the class.

The Expected Payoff is defined as (wish I knew how to latex):

E[P] = Sum from m=0 to B-1 of ((6*m + 2(N-m))P(X=m)

So you can maximize the expected payoff cumulatively (which in utilitarian is also the most beneficial to each individual) by finding optimal p given how many people are in the class, still don't see how conveying this probabilistically helps since we could have just said "10% and not more of the people select 6 and we have maximized the total payoff."

>>9036018
>>9036021
>>
>>9035289
Use social engineering to convince the class not to take the survey. DDOS the survey site. Hack the survey site and put in other people's response. Game theory demands that you play dirty.
>>
>>9035295
>if youre not a brainlet then you wont need it anyway

If you are not a brainlet and you won't need it then go for the 6 points in order to fuck over your classmates top kek.
>>
>>9035289
Fuck, I hate game theory.

Choose 2 points, that's the safest path.
>>
Only thing that really matters is if you are the single person which causes the 6 pointers to go over the 10 % threshold. Since that chance is negligible, you should go for 6 points. You end up either with 4 more points or none as you would most likely end anyway.
>>
>>9035944
Communism:
>Nobody gets anything

Capitalism:
>Most people get the little thing, some people get the big thing
>>
>>9036063
The real question to ask is when does 6(chance of 14 or less choosing 6) > 2(chance of 15 or less choosing 6)

The answer is when p < 0.24342

When that's true choose 6
>>
>>9035446
>Irony
>>
>>9036147
>Communism:
>>Nobody gets anything

Nice conservative propaganda right there. Communism is just like capitalism in the sense that "most people get the little thing" and "some people get the big thing". The difference is in freedom.

A communist government can decide who it rewards with the "big thing" and who gets the the little thing. As communist governments of the past have been corrupted and not actual communism, the leaders just chose that the ones who get the big thing are the people with the most allegiance to the country like politicians and bureaucrats. And the ones who get the little thing are people not directly in the government.

In capitalism you have no choice, money rules over everything. A country can't even choose what it values, because money just goes to the biggest monopoly and who can be the most corrupted in their business practices.

At least communism made right could choose to reward moral and hard working people with the big thing, while lazy people get the little thing. Back to /pol/ with you.
>>
I don't like free bonus without merit, isn't the final score supposed to "measure" your knowledge on the subject? I would also really hate to see someone who deserve less get a better grade than me for getting the extra 6 points (even if the initial difference was only <= 4 points).

I would pick 6 not because I want the extra 6 point but to make it more likely nobody gets extra points at all.
>>
>>9036162
Lol I made the libcuck mad

Have fun with your wageslave job while I'm out the making a difference
>>
>>9035289

You should already have an A in the class so it doesn't matter, pick 6 and fuck everyone else over
>>
>>9036176
>C-cuck
Cuck, short for cuckold, is the automated response given by the /pol/ user when it gets confronted with something it does not understand. This confusional state often results in frog posting and further incoherent ramblings about "muh white genocide", or "muh cultural marxism". The /pol/ user will then often retreat to a safe environment, such as /mlp/, although it is on occasion also observed to 'double down' on its muddled and often prolix confabulations. This latter phenomenon is why the /pol/ user is widely regarded as an archetypal sufferer of double down syndrome.
>>
>>9036164
^people like this are why communism fails, in communism they are allowed to fuck everything up for everyone, in capitalism they are just left to fuck themselves over and be losers on their own
>>
>>9036202
anon, we are not talking about wealth but academic merits.
See again the first sentence of my post.
>>
>>9036147
Well no, if everybody is communist and everybody picks 2, then everybody wins. Unless its graded on a curve, then you've just shifted the entire curve so nobody wins anything. And because of the 10% condition, everybody would get nothing. But the truest capitalist option would be all the students communicate, and those who want the 6 points pay everybody else to go for 2 points.

>>9036162
There are many different ways to implement capitalism, if you have a transparent state that works for the people you can break up monopolies, encourage competition and enforce prosecution for practices that are worse for the consumer
>>
>>9036213
>There are many different ways to implement capitalism, if you have a transparent state that works for the people you can break up monopolies, encourage competition and enforce prosecution for practices that are worse for the consumer

True, capitalism can be set up in many different ways. But it always ends the same

>Every starts equally
>100 years go by
>10 families now dominate an industry each
>10 families have so much money that they can pay a politician 100 times his yearly salary to bribe him, and that won't even cost them 0.01% of their wealth
>10 families make sure that the only companies that appear in their industry are either owned by them or financed by them, or connected to them in some other way
>If anyone tries to stop you, bribe more politicians
>Another 100 years go by
>Same 10 families still have all the power

You can start capitalism with the best intentions in mind but because capitalism by definition rewards the ones with the most money, it will always be the same. At the start of a capitalist society it is a scramble to the top and after that the classes are set up. Rich families will always be rich, poor families will always be poor. That is how it works.
>>
>>9035542
irrelevant, the point still stands.
4chan ≠ normies
>>
>>9035582
this
>>
>>9035289

>everyone knows picking 6 risks getting nothing
>if they're reasonable they'll pick 2 - let's all pick 2 and win
>but that means I can safely pick 6
>but that means everyone else concludes that
>therefore we'd all conclude 2 is the only option
>which means it's safe to pick 6
>turtles

Your professor is running an experiment on the class, therefore you should convince your fellow students to pick via random process to stifle him.
>>
>>9036223
Progressive taxation and heavy inheritance tax that goes into improving and enriching the lower rungs of society sort of gets around that. Inheritance runs countercurrent to the idea of capitalism anyway, which is that people earn money. Inequality of outcome will always exist, but we can try to minimise it and as long as people have similar opportunities, that's all you can do. Absolute wealth rises quicker in capitalism than communism anyway, since money is a good incentive for stuff.
>>
>>9036246
>Your professor is running an experiment on the class
Top kek then the professor is a brainlet because that gamble/game has already been solved for like 300 years. Literally pick 6.
>>
>>9036248
>Progressive taxation and heavy inheritance tax that goes into improving and enriching the lower rungs of society sort of gets around that.

Indeed, and progressive taxation is redistribution of wealth so good to know you are with me, comrade.

> Inheritance runs countercurrent to the idea of capitalism anyway

Indeed, but inheritance is always present in capitalist societies. And if you try to ban inheritance then the rich people will just bribe the politicians to vote against that law, because rich people want to give their money to their kids.

In communism, that wouldn't happen. In a communism that gives wealth for actions, everyone borns in 0. And whenever an old rich person dies, the government should seize their wealth as a dead person can no longer perform moral and good actions, and this is morally correct as this money will then go on to fund new moral actions by the people.

> Inequality of outcome will always exist

And I do not disagree. In Communism there will always be inequality of outcome, but we can choose who gets more than who. In a communism that values morality and deeds for the state then no one will dispute the rich, who would be our best citizens.

>Absolute wealth rises quicker in capitalism than communism anyway, since money is a good incentive for stuff.

And proudly serving your motherland is also a great incentive. Plus, the state will give you money for moral actions so how is that for incentive?

Capitalism was a mistake.
>>
>>9035539
>game theory
>took a course
wew
>>
>>9035539
It's probably trying to be like the prisoner's dilemma, but that only deals with two people. If this guy has a class of 300 people, the difference in probability that 30/300 choose 6 and 29/300 choose 6 is not very much and only shrinks with the size of the class. The expected value of choosing 6 would then be higher. In small classes, it would be closrr to the prisoner's dilemma, in which case you're right
>>
>>9036192
Lol moron, I never browse /pol/. I'm a fucking liberal, dude. I hate Drumpf.

I'm just not a commie.
>>
>>9036260
Redistribution of wealth isnt inherently bad if it makes the whole of society better, so I guess we're comrades in that respect respect

A state where the votes of politicians overrides the will of the people is a shit state and would only pass in undemocratic third world countries like America.

Centralising the reward system seems like it would be inefficient and even more at the mercy of the inefficiencies of an unnecessarily large state.

>proudly serving your motherland
Spook.
>The state giving you money for moral actions
Moral is a very nebulous term, so the state can give money to whomever does what they see as [this word which can mean whatever they want], and this actually lends itself better to monopolies. When individuals can make choices themselves, shit choices are of less magnitude and people control the market more. A state with shitloads of power diverges more and more from enacting the wills of the people.
>>
>>9036313
>I'm a fucking liberal, dude
one post ago you just called a guy a libcuck
>>
>>9036015
>No, I'm saying that it doesn't matter what you choose.
this is a borderline retarded thought process

even knowing that the chance is low, why shouldn't you choose the one that maximizes whatever outcome you desire in the unlikely event it occurs?
>>
>>9035289
The possibility of two points or none while there is the possibility of some idiot getting six? I'd pick six to increase the chance of them getting none.
>>
>>9035289

roll the dice. 6 points.
>>
>>9036313
>I made the libcuck mad
>I'm a fucking liberal
/mlpol/ plz go
>>
>>9036370
>possibility of some idiot getting six? I'd pick six to increase the chance of them getting none.
You're talking about yourself there
>>
>>9035539
This poster is correct. Cooperation in this type of game is always the best answer.
>>
>>9036448
>Cooperation in this type of game is always the best answer.

Wrong. You can try to cooperate all you want, even if you communicate, but at the end of the day nothing guarantees you that your classmates aren't all just lying.

For example, maybe you saw the OP and then you went to talk to your classmates and decided, okay we will be fair and all choose 2 points to not risk it.

Then everyone goes home and "knowing" that the rest will choose 2, they choose 6.
>>
>>9036448
no, defection on both parties in a two player prisoner's dilemma is the Nash equilibrium. Picking 2 is only advantageous in repeated iterations of the game with the same counter player.
>>
>>9035289
Be a good goy and pick 2, anon. I'm sure Chad will remember to thank you as he plows your oneitis into oblivion later tonight.
>>
>>9035473
This, it's introductory Game Theory you idiot. Though playing rock-paper-scissors sounds kind of faggy.
>>
>>9035839
Crabs pull others down for no benefit to themselves. Competition is putting others down for personal gain.
>>
>>9035944
>communism
>everybody wins a sustainable amount
top jej
>>
>>9036367
Actually that position resulted from an incorrect calculation.

You should choose 6 when the probability of a classmate choosing 6 is less than 0.24342. Otherwise you should choose 2.
>>
>>9035289
6, nash equilibrium as long as your class is large enough
>>
>>9035582
actually what I do in these kinds of situations
dont really feel bad about it
>>
>>9035289
Ask why there's a fucking comma splice.
>>
>>9035289
if your goal is to be the highest grade in the class, choose 6

If everyone gets their points, you do not want people getting more than you; someone with a lower grade than you could now have a higher one

If no one gets their points, you are no worse off
>>
>>9036323
>>9036382
I also call niggers niggers and fags fags. But I'm still both those things.

I guess science can't explain me
>>
>>9036162
>not true communism argument for the millionth time
>>
>american """universities"""

KEK
>>
>>9035556
Do you understand what selfish means?
>>
choose the 6 points, becuas eif no one gets any points then it doesn't matter because then no one will have an advantage. Choosing 2 points will just mean that people will have an advantage over you. 0 points isn't bad, it's better than 2 points if other people get 6. So choose 6 on the off chance that you get the advantage, if you don't get the 6 and you get 0 then you aren't at a disadvantage either
>>
>>9035289
Pick the skip button, and wind up in the "<1%: other responses" category on this TA's sociology/psychology homework.
>>
>>9036902
>this isn't true capitalism because I have to pay taxes
>>
>>9035289
Pick 6, not because you'll get it but because you're competing with the others, so if you go two and <10% of people pick 6, you lose. If you go two and everyone else picks 2, you gain nothing. If you go two and >10% of people pick 6, you gain nothing.
On the other hand, if you go 6 and <10% of people go 6, you win. If you go 6 and >10% of people go 6, you gain nothing.
>>
>>9035556
Yeah, selfish is when you don't study but then want 6 points extra credit, while selfless guys like me grind hard for every point.
>>
>>9037177

Holy fuck this. What nonsense is this shit? How can a professor give you extra credits? No surprise everybody has 4.0 GPAs
>>
>>9035289
write a letter to the surveyors and tell them that their methodic is fucking retarded in any career other than philosophy and sociology.
>>
>>9035289

There's no fucking way 10% of the class will pick 2 points because everyone is a greedy fuck. It's a stupid game and should be 30-40% for it actually to be strategic.
>>
Depends on how many nonwhites are in your class, OP.

Sorry but it's true. If you go to Darkie State, prepare for 90% of the picks to be 6 points.

Game theory needs to be updated to account for race.
>>
^yep.
>>
>>9037625

This. More muds = less altruism + more risk-taking behavior + lower IQs, so more desperate for points.
>>
>>9035876
Yo man I feel like giving you a gift. You can take either $100,000, or you could get $300,000 if you roll a 6 on a die. Since its just extra money you'll take $300,000 right?
>>
Pick 2 if no curved grading. Comparing class gpa wont matter when competing with the rest of the nation. The tards will pick 6 because they fail without it. At 10%,There will be no room for people with passing grades to pick 6. This will mean either no one gets points or Tards getting + 6 and not being competition anyway. Plus, their inflated gpa will regress more quickly.
>>
Didn't realize /sci/ was so beta
>>
>>9035407
hes just retarded and pointing fingers dont worry
>>
>>9037671
>rolling 6 on a die

??? not the context of the OP's post
>>
if it is graded by a curve I pick 6

if I already took all tests and assignments and I am reasonably sure I am 0-2 points away from the next grade (assuming I did not get A), I pick 2

If I am 2-6 points away I pick 6

otherwise I pick 2 because I do not need the points
>>
>>9035289
I'd pick 6 because I don't want anyone else getting more free shit than me.
>>
>>9035289
select 6 because fuck extra credit.
>>
Six is the bigger number so it's obviously better.

Also this >>9036145
>>
>>9035289
Uh, guys. If the responses are anonymous how does he know what to add to whos score? Whole thing is bullshit.
>>
>>9037881
your attention span is BS, read again the last sentence, not only the fist 5 words.
>>
>>9035289
>>9035446
>>9035539

You fools

consider how he is going to grade them

It probably will just shift the curve and only the people who choose 6 will benefit

You probably want to choose 6 knowing that nobody gets any points and there is a slight chance you'll benefit
>>
>>9035289
Write in 50 points.
Why not?
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.