[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to special relativity, the photon doesn't experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: photon5.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
photon5.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
According to special relativity, the photon doesn't experience time and space (A and B are next to each other).

Then, how come it travels and even takes a long time to reach distant destinations in the universe?
>>
>>9033510
Because time and space are relative moron
>>
>>9033513
Fuck you

>>9033510
The universe experiences it, too.
>>
can photons bounce off eachother?
>>
From its own perspective, the destination is like right next to the origin.
>>
>>9033510
It's not just that A and B are next to each other. The present of A and the future of B are next to each other.
>>
>>9033532
huh?
>>
>>9033523
>can photons bounce off eachother
yes, the effect is small tho

http://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2013/09/06/can-one-bit-of-light-bounce-off-another-bit-of-light/
>>
>>9033510
it doesn't scientificaly, but it does sound convincing enough philosophically at the moment to warrant belief from those disgruntled with biblical truth and the accompanying dogmas.

fact is thereare no transitional fossils.

and not to mention darwin also conceded that the evolution of eye escapes evolutionary sense for him personally.

as a half evolved eye would be an impediment and would never gradually get better

further no species has actually evolved into another in expirement..
>>
>>9033510
>What are reference frames
>>9033523
They don't directly, but they can scatter via creating some fermion pairs.
>>
>>9033539
The spacetime interval for the photon and the observer are the same. The photon would agree with the observer about the origin and destination. They only disagree on the distance and duration.

A photon travelling toward something a billion lightyears away arrives instantaneously at that location as it will be a billion years in the future compared to the origin. And 2 billion years compared to how the destination looks to the origin, because you only see billion years old light when you start.
>>
>>9033510
For the photon, it doesn't take any time to reach destinations. It is only to us that we do experiment time and space.
>>
>>9033769
>For the photon, it doesn't take any time to reach destinations.

When the photon travels for one year and sees that planets and shit has moved a lot since it started it must know it took time
>>
>>9034102
See these
>>9033678
>>9033532
The "destination" for the photon is a place and a time. It is instantaneously at that time and place. The photon doesn't experience any duration. It essentially travels into the future, as any fast-moving object would. Except it doesn't ever slow down to observe the changes.
>>
>>9034129

I don't get it but I´ll take your word for it
>>
>>9034153
That's not very scientific.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.