[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meet the god of popularizers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: CH8ivUO.jpg (100KB, 494x422px) Image search: [Google]
CH8ivUO.jpg
100KB, 494x422px
meet the god of popularizers
>>
The guy spent all his life sheltered in academia. The notion of him engaging in a physical altercation is as believable as string theory is falsifiable.
>>
>>9033251
You can tell he's smart because he refuses to explain himself.
>>
What's a nobber? Is that racial?
>>
>>9033283
It's what you are.
>>
>>9033251
top kok
>>
>>9033274

>The guy spent all his life sheltered in academia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_Ream
>>
>>9033251
>I declare 22nd December 'international slap a pseudoscientific hippy with a text book day'.

Damn, now that's a holiday I can get behind.

>Uhm, actually: Pi's digits go on forever so that means that every possible string of digits appears in its decimals infinitely many times

And there goes an analysis textbook to the fucking head.

>Look at the relation of the circle, the square and the human body. Sacred geometry explains...

And there goes Euclid's elements to the balls
>>
>>9033251
So what's the best textbook to do this with? I need to prepare. I mean a heavy book is good, but it's harder to swing.
>>
>>9036291
Wait so Pi doesn't contain every possible string of digits?
>>
>>9036526
Not known. But it certainly doesn't follow from it having an infinite decimal representation.
>>
>>9036291
>>Uhm, actually: Pi's digits go on forever so that means that every possible string of digits appears in its decimals infinitely many times
>And there goes an analysis textbook to the fucking head.

Curious -- would you accept the statement if amended to read "Pi's digits go on forever without repeating?"
>>
>>9036526
It is not known, and if you ask me, probably not.
>>9036557
>Pi's digits go on forever without repeating
No because Pi´s digits still are not known to contain every possible string of digits.
>>
>>9036658
>>Pi's digits go on forever without repeating
>No because Pi´s digits still are not known to contain every possible string of digits.
If the digits of π did start to repeat it would be a rational number.
>>
>>9036526
Imagine the real number 0.10100100010000... It isn't a rational number, because even if it has a "nice pattern" it will never be cyclic and it's representation is infinite and it certainly doesn't has every possible string. PI is certainly more random, but that doesn't immediately tells us that it has all possible string of digits.
>>
>>9036281
> "Things Can Only Get Better"
One of the most misleading and scientifically inaccurate pop songs that's ever been written.
>>
>>9033283
oi oi lads look at this fucking nobber
>>
>>9036690
You're asking for a book to the face.
>>
>>9036281
That was nearly thirty years ago mate.
>>
>>9033251
brainlet can't even spell Nibiru correctly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.