[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back in the old days, we hardly knew anything. Now we know and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1-TW8l5L-7PIBcnGZ5E9bjRg.jpg (204KB, 1366x717px) Image search: [Google]
1-TW8l5L-7PIBcnGZ5E9bjRg.jpg
204KB, 1366x717px
Back in the old days, we hardly knew anything.

Now we know and can control our bodies to a much wider extent (meditation, thinking capabilities, dream control) because we trained ourselves to.

There was once a guy who climbed everest in his shorts because he trained his body to lower its body temperature to survive.

My question is this: Are we capable of, in the fat future, changing the very cells within our body at will?

We have already seen evidence of this, and it is largely a subject that isn't given a lot of credit, but has a lot of potential.

We might even be able to change our eye colour in due course. We can regulate our breathing, our thoughts, etc. Basically changing our cells. Why not eyes or other cells?
>>
File: 456.jpg (159KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
456.jpg
159KB, 667x500px
>>9033164
>There was once a guy who climbed everest in his shorts because he trained his body to lower its body temperature to survive.
thats because its low moisture and his legs were making heat. plus he probably had a layer on his torso of sorts just to keep his sweat from freezing or wind chill from fucking him up.

i climbed a mt baker on the glacier side, it was cold as fuck but you were only wearing like a quarterzip because the amount of exertion you put in made you hot.

people have been meditating since china, dream control is just suggestion or self hypnosis whatever you want to call it

no, you will always be fat unless you somehow had an ability to make the decision to diet

>why not eyes or other cells
i cant speak for other cells because you do control them in an indirect way with stress reactions or eating, but there's no reason to think we could change the color of our eyes, that would be like changing skin pigment with your thoughts
>>
>>9033164
I could lose myself in those eyes.
I feel it coming babe.
>>
>>9033174
The use of our brains is training. From birth. The use of our lungs, eyes, muscles, breathing, trained.

We don't have full body control yet because we haven't got the knowledge of how to train it fully yet. Even drugs which are self administered change our very conscious perception.

Which means that in the future, yes, I can totally see people changing their eye colours through their own thoughts.
>>
>>9033164
>>9033174
Nice reddit spacing btw.
You should go back.
>>
>>9033184
You too.
back2reddit
>>
>>9033185
Nice autism btw

you should go back
>>
>>9033188
KILL

YOUR

SELF

YOU

INSUFFERABLE

FA

GGOT
>>
>>9033184
except the parts of the lungs, eyes, muscles, etc that we "learn to" control are all innervated by important nerves and problems with these nerves cause a corresponding problem in the area it innervates

this is just a consciousness troll though so why am i even responding
>>
>>9033195
I cured my anxiety through self-analysis. All of our cells we can control, even our thoughts.

I'm not trolling.
>>
>>9033189
>>9033191
>>9033197
>>9033195
Go back to plebbit. This site is not for you.
>>
>>9033215
Go back to autism awareness.org
>>
>>9033197
You cured your anxiety because anxiety is a fake illness, good luck trying to cure genetic depression or any real mental illness like schizophrenia. You cannot control all of your cells, if you did you could literally lose fat by increasing your metabolism like DNP does. There is no evidence for a person being able to do such a thing.
>>
>>9033225
>fake illness
i would love to hear more
>>
File: wthdytya.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wthdytya.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>9033219
Cancerous users, cancerous thread.
>>
>>9033225
You don't know what you're talking about. Anxiety is just an error in thought process where everything is considered a threat instead of genuine things. The flight-or-fight response is on crack, basically. Defo real.
>>
>>9033226
There's no genetic link to anxiety, it's a somatization ie. literally made up illness.
>Research also showed comorbidity between somatization disorder and personality disorders, especially antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, histrionic, avoidant, and dependent personality disorder.
Basically, all meme illnesses that only affect sheltered guys. There's a reason exploited farmers in China don't get anxiety
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatization_disorder

>>9033231
Yeah it's an error in thought alright, a made up one.
>>
>>9033237
i didnt think genetic was the only cause for illness but ok. also in some cases it has a genetic cause, though that would be grasping at straws.

>There's a reason exploited farmers in China don't get anxiety
i dont understand that?

though i would say sure, there is less social pressure on them so it would make sense in lower classes to have less anxiety disorders

not sure why you are so polarized against anxiety disorders, but its pretty difficult to stop once it starts and the adrenaline kicks in. similar in difficulty as ignoring depression
>>
>>9033270
Anxiety just isn't real. It's not caused by pathogens, it's not determined by genes, it doesn't come from the degradation of the brain, it doesn't come from toxic chemicals. Anxiety is basically being a pussy, westerners like you are simply too sheltered so you can't deal with a little pressure so you start believing you're mentally ill.
>>
>>9033164
Watch some of David Blaine's videos.
He's so good that I'm convinced he manages to put ideas into people's heads with subconscious, etc. Stuff
>>
>>9033292
what isnt real about it?
>>
>>9033292
>I haven't experienced it so it doesn't exist

I thought I told you to go back. Here, let me help you

http://www.autism.org.uk/
>>
>>9033292
You need to learn what the basic definition of a disease is. Anything that causes a degradation of function/structure is classified as one.
Anxiety is a continuous negative cycle of thoughts that results in consistent fear and anxiety about the future, despite the fact that the person is fully aware that there is nothing to worry about in their given situation.
It is known to have genetic predispositions, and is linked to functional issues in the amygdala and its connectivity with specific areas of the brain (specifically concerning fear and responses to fear-inducing stimuli).
>>
>>9033314
>spacing
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>9033292
Let me help you m80
>does it create a significant problem for the individual

This is the main question in diagnosing all mental disorders.

Everyone has anxiety. It's not a disorder unless it prevents them from having a normal life.
Many people like order. It's not OCD unless you melt down at sight of perceived disorder or you can't leave your apartment because of reasons that are best classified as OCD
>>
>>9033337
>>9034665
good posts
>>
>>9033164
>There was once a guy who climbed everest in his shorts because he trained his body to lower its body temperature to survive.
proof?

>the fat future
what

>changing the very cells within our body at will
>We might even be able to change our eye colour in due course. We can regulate our breathing, our thoughts, etc. Basically changing our cells. Why not eyes or other cells?
What do you mean by "at will"? Thinking happy thoughts reduces stress but that's about as far as it goes.
>>
>>9033164
>Back in the old days, we hardly knew anything.

This isn't true, we just knew different things that were more relevant to survival
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.