[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain greenhouse effect to a retard (me)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: spooky.png (1MB, 860x799px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
1MB, 860x799px
I've watched 6 videos on the subject and none of them answer this simple question: If the atmosphere reflects heat back down to the Earth, but it also reflects heat away from the Earth, how is the net warming effect not 0? This seems like such a simple and necessary part of the greenhouse effect but NO ONE FUCKING EXPLAINS IT pic unrelated
>>
>>9031810
lole....
Ummmm sweetie, the glass in the green house is a one way mirror, not two way, so uuuuuhhhhhh yeah. Just think about it before you make a stupid post.
>>
imagine ur baking a cooke in a glass box that is a dobble sidded mirror

inside the box you have a heeting lamp

outside the box there is another heeting lamp

which heeting lamp heets the cooke most?

A.Durrrr
B.Reeeeeee
C.Benis
>>
>>9031810
The heat it reflects back is of different wavelengths than the heat that comes through.

Light heats up earth, earth gets hot, because earth isn't as hot as the sun it emits radiation at lower wavelengths than the sun emits. This radiation gets absorbed by gases in the atmosphere like CO2, or reflected back down by clouds
>>
>>9031849
there's a SUN inside Earth??!?!?!?!?!?
wow
*farts*
really made me think
>>
>>9031810
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SYpUSjSgFg
>>
>>9031856
its answers ops question in which the atmosphere is basically a double sided mirror

plus we have lightbulbs so theres no difference
>>
>>9031843
why do the gases only work one way? You explained nothing and I have a suspicion that you yourself don't understand it

>>9031855
So are you saying that short wave radiation is changed to long wave radiation after it gets through the atmosphere? So the answer is basically that greenhouse gases have a harder time absorbing it as light than as heat?
>>
>>9031862
I was just shitposting bro, your post was good
>>
>If the atmosphere reflects heat back down to the Earth, but it also reflects heat away from the Earth, how is the net warming effect not 0?

>two separate mechanisms exist that have the opposite effect
>so their outcome must be 0
>even though there is no information present about the results they produce over time

Do you think that you can keep a leaky boat afloat as long as you're carrying an unspecified amount of water out of it? What kind of brainlet logic is this? Are you literally underage?
>>
File: MAP of Inner Earth .jpg (308KB, 538x552px) Image search: [Google]
MAP of Inner Earth .jpg
308KB, 538x552px
>>9031856
>>
>>9031866
>So the answer is basically that greenhouse gases have a harder time absorbing it as light than as heat?
Basically
>>
>>9031866
basically. the shorter wave radiation is absorbed and re emitted/reflected by earth matter (IR, etc) which is just the right wavelength to be absorbed by C=O bonds and other cute bonds. The same concept is how infrared spectrometry works, I think.
>>
the underside of atmospheric carbon clouds is colder and thus more dense so it basically acts as a one way amplifying lens for the IR waves through integrated quantum tunneling

source:

yale.edu/~fUq/real-climate-science-data-global-warming-explained/implying.php
>>
>>9031859
came here to post this
>>
>>9031810
the atmosphere lets in normal light but absorbs infra red

normal light comes down, heats the ground, the ground emits infra red and the infra red does not escape

the most CO2 and methane, the less infra red escapes with hilarious consequences
>>
>>9031970
There's a nice simple explanation. I'm so buttmad that all these greenhouse gas videos out there don't even explain the greenhouse effect.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.