[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel like an idiot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: hoodpepe.jpg (13KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
hoodpepe.jpg
13KB, 306x306px
>am a huge homebody who loves being at home in alabama
>leave and complete first year of college at uchicago
>get a "research position" in a lab on campus over the summer where im getting paid well
>have literally no work to do because the people im working for are currently out of the country and never reply to emails
>dont know when they will be back
>been here for two weeks
>paying out the ass for my apartment, food
>miss my parents, friends, girlfriend, and home so much it hurts
>only had two weeks at home between end of school and coming back

I feel like such an idiot and a fool. I was only left very simple and easy tasks for programming a gui that i've already completed and not i jsut wander around campus all day and look at my laptop because i dont wanna go back to my apartment because ill just get too sad. Why the fuck did i come back to chicago so early when i have no work to do and sped all my time alone and sad? I feel like such a fool for not making sure they would be here and asking what the exact work i would be doing. I could fucking code this gui in the comfort of my home in alabama, except not weighed down by lonliness, surrounded by my dogs and family. I feel like I'm wasting so much money and i honestly dont think the small amount of money i will net at the end of the summer is worth being miserable like this.

I don't know what to do. Living alone is hard.
>>
Party up motherfuckeeeeer yea!
>>
Youre still getting paid yes? then fuck you.

Maybe go outside and make a friend with your getting paid for doing no work.
>>
Tinder
>>
This isn't /r9k/ you can make friends somehow. Go to the gym, go to the beach, go to some concerts, smoke weed, start talking to people around campus. Ya gotta look for friends if you want them
>>
If you're losing money on this, then you done goofed. Too late to go back now.
>>
see if your college has any hobby clubs.
>>
>>9031595
this issue has nothing to do with your position/university. You will feel like this always no matter what you are doing. You need to keep yourself busy, find an interest and pursue it, do not become codependent on your family, or once they are actually gone, you will become a wreck.

You're an individual person, just like your parents before they met each other, and you have to make your own mark in the world, and this is the appropriate time and place to do so. At least you have a great opportunity and job.

im sure if you were actually busy with work you wouldnt feel this way.
>>
>>9031595
Look for clubs/go to the library and read books
>>
>>9031595
D'awwww, you wanna suck on mommy's big fat titties?

Jesus, unironically kill yourself, fag
>>
>>9031595
>>miss my parents, friends, girlfriend, and home so much it hurts

I am afraid of this. I'll be leaving my country for the first time next year to go to grad school and odds are I will probably be away for at least 8 years. How do you deal with this sudden loss? How do you keep your relation alive with your gf? One of my biggest fears is that when I go, she will eventually cuck me. Has that happened to you?
>>
File: 1490359912352.jpg (41KB, 434x501px) Image search: [Google]
1490359912352.jpg
41KB, 434x501px
>>9031991
If you are planning on being away from your gf for 8 years you need to break up. It's not fair to anyone to stay together like that, one or both of you are going to cheat. When you get to wherever your going find local groups online that fit your interests and make friends. Join clubs at school too.
>>
File: 1415470879102.gif (877KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1415470879102.gif
877KB, 360x203px
>>9031595

Go to South Chicago and make some new friends.
>>
>>9031595
get a side hustle, use the labs to make something and sell it on the deepweeb maybe
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.