[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The day I discovered you were a brainlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: kkkk.png (768KB, 1884x735px) Image search: [Google]
kkkk.png
768KB, 1884x735px
I come here to tell a story from the day I realized I was not a genius

>Be studying mathematics at uni
>I am outstanding in every class, getting perfect grades left and right in contrast to my peers who are mostly barely getting Cs
>I study, but as I also waste time with hobbies like 4chan and anime so I conclude that my high performance must be because I am a genius. Not like "smart", I mean pure genius like Neumann was in the sense that I don't even need to try to be outstanding.
>A round of finals comes along. We take the tests at around 11 AM but because of some problems with transporation I end up having to go to uni as early as 7 AM and I just wait it out in the library.
>See my peers
>They are just talking about random shit. Not only not studying, but also not even doing recreational mathematics. Just talking about random "xD weekend" shit. Meanwhile I had been here in the library studying for hours already.
>Eventually one of them comes to me and asks me a question.
>I answer but the question is so basic and fundamental to the test we were about to take so the only possibility was that these people did not even try to study these past few days.
>mfw I started studying 3 days ago and the night before this day I stayed up to almost midnight doing practice problems
>mfw the reason they don't do well in tests is because they don't study
>mfw the reason I do so comparatively well is simply because I study and they don't
>mfw I am not a genius
>mfw I am probably just a regular guy

And it was too late to change to engineering when I realized that. Is there any room for non-geniuses in mathematics?
>>
They don't study because they're brainlets who can't comprehend the material.
>>
>>9029876
all mathematicians spend their time like this. dedication solves problems. what makes you a brainlet is that it took you this long to figure it out. also please post more numberphile memes pls.
>>
>>9029890
>what makes you a brainlet is that it took you this long to figure it out.

But Von Neumann was once told a theorem and then he proved it on the spot. He didn't need to "study". That is the mark of true, outstanding genius.

>also please post more numberphile memes pls.

I actually don't have anymore. Back in Aprill 22 of this year there was a numberphile memes thread and I liked them so much I decided to take a screen cap of a numberphile video and do my own meme. Yes, I was the one who made the pic in the OP but I actually never posted it because after reading and re-reading my jokes I thought they were not funny enough to compete in such a magnificent thread. Do you like my jokes anon? Am I a good numberphile meme producer?
>>
>>9029876
The first midterm in Calculus III.
>>
>>9029892
I'm gonna call BS on the idea that you have to be super fast to be a good mathematician. just creative and dedicated.

seems like you're dedicated since you spend a lot of time studying. you're definitely creative because that meme made me and my friend i showed it to laugh pretty hard. kek'd and saved.

all you gotta do is read math you like and you'll be good. i had the same experience as you and now I'm doing grad school at a uni I'm super comfy at. also if you're being you're a genius and act like it no one wants to do research with you. genuine humility = huge grant money
>>
>>9029905
if you're believing you are a genius*

excuse me I'm a pleb phone poster
>>
>>9029889
this. so. much.
>>
>>9029905
Okay, I'll keep trying.

And good to know the meme is top tier.
>>
>>9029892
>Von Neumann didn't need to study
You actually don't have a data point that suggests this.

He quite literally devoted his entire life to mathematics.
>>
>don't study
>do exceptionally well on the most challenging exams, fail the rest
It's like retard intelligent
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.