[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: memedrive.jpg (52KB, 699x449px) Image search: [Google]
memedrive.jpg
52KB, 699x449px
What happened to it?
>>
Chineses already put on ther rocktes, so, that shit work.
>>
>>9027487

No real news since the paper late last year which seemed to show that something was happening. There was workshop in September where the Nasa results were discussed and plans were made for further work.
>>
>>9027487
Pretty much confirmed to be nothing interesting.
>>
>>9027493

Well that's not what the nasa paper showed. Confirmed by whom?
>>
>>9027503
leddit says it is been debunked with zero thrust results, so take that as you will.
>>
>>9027503
>Confirmed by whom?
Pretty much anyone that's done any objective research into it.
>Eagleworks paper has a graph that looks suspiciously like a typical cooling curve
>That Chinese group that had to retract their paper
>Tajmar found that the """"thrust"""" always pointed in the same direction, regardless of the orientation of the drive
It's quite literally nothing.
>>
>>9027503
Oh, and they quote a thrust/power ratio that's approximately [math] F/P \approx 360/c [/math] so whatever it is, it's completely classical. No strange relativistic effects.
>>
>>9027510
>Tajmar found that the """"thrust"""" always pointed in the same direction, regardless of the orientation of the drive

That reminds me of one of the shield technologies of the Skylark sci-fi series ("zone of force" maybe, not sure). The one where it negates the inertial force of the universe or something. You turn it on and suddenly you are flying, but actually the entire universe is just traveling away from you. (You also can't see out of it and no one can see into it and nothing can go through it.)
>>
>>9027491
No the chinese put it in a vacuum chamber with its own batteries and found that it doesn't produce thrust
>>
>>9027487
Its just a microwave in shape of a cone that gives the same amount of 'thrust' as a household microwave
>>
File: 1499063128285.gif (2MB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1499063128285.gif
2MB, 500x318px
>>9027487
Still working on it...

I got one experiment up and running and am working on making a better version of it currently...

Its not technically an emdrive but is definitely inspired by it...

I still need to do some more theoretical work to quantify the force, if any, and finalize some engineering designs...

Still deciding on whether or not to design an experiment to test the principle first and measure the force or just build the damn thing and see if it produces any thrust...

It is taking much longer than I thought but I am going to see it through until the end... Maybe a year for a prototype...
>>
>>9028351
Do it fgt
>>
>>9027487
The trust is the effect of thermal expantion of materials this contraption is made of, nothing else.
>>
Maybe it vanished into the same warehouse where Lockheed stores it van-sized fusion-reactor.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.