[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOOD SCIENCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: on_food_and_cooking.jpg (125KB, 1421x1060px) Image search: [Google]
on_food_and_cooking.jpg
125KB, 1421x1060px
Though not a popular subject over here.

I'm trying to make a nutritional meal with the OPTIMAL amount of macronutrients and vitamins.

Can someone assist me in finding peer reviewed articles that demonstrate the most effective nutritional profile for health and fullness as a meal.
>>
>>9025841
no, I don't think anyone anywhere can
fake science disciplines tend to publish contradictory studies all the time
I would go for variety, high protein, tons of different colors of veggies
>>
>>9025841
You are wasting your time. It's not a knowable thing. Too individual. Not to mention everyone is clueless to the point they couldn't design a good study if they tried.

Start with food allergy tests to make sure you aren't reacting to proteins in this or that.

Then just stick to the most nutrient dense foods like greens, butter, sea salt, grass fed meats and offal (organ meat).

Then just see how you look and feel. You'll figure out you feel amazing with more fat I predict.
>>
>>9025849
I am actually kind of shocked to here fake science publications exist. I always thought that was the purpose of peer reviews. Being in the field myself it is disheartening to hear.

For what purpose? Funded by companies in order to create confusion and demonstrate certain ingredients are not detrimental?

I like the variety and veggie advice , thank you.
>>
read sports nutrition by nancy clark, that's a good book

>>9025851
>Too individual
Hardly so unless you've got some strange allergies
>>
>>9025859
He said OPTIMAL.

There will be wide variation in an OPTIMAL performance diet between individuals I guarantee.

The basics will be the same, but some will be good on 40/40/20 and others will need 40/20/40 (arranged however you please).

You will almost surely just have to trial and error this on your body.

I operate like a machine on high fat, moderate protein and moderate veggie. I could probably do more veggie...

Point is, if I'm not rolling high fat I feel brain dead. That's probably not the same for everyone.
>>
>>9025862

This is very interesting input, what if it was 30/30/30 instead?

And just to be sure you are splitting it into Carb/Protein/Fat?
>>
>>9025865
Yea, carb, protein, fat.

For my example I was just meaning you could arrange the three how you like because I was simply pointing out that everyone is going to be different.

We all have different sensitivities to sugar (insulin response), different reactions to grains and other proteins, etc.

This will effect nutrient absorption, likelihood of gaining weight or having metabolic issues, etc.

The basics are a low inflammation diet of whole foods. After that everyone is going to be different.
>>
>>9025870
You bring up a lot of good points, and I'm sure age , life style, physiology etc. all come into play.

But what if it was optimized at 20/20/20 or 30/30/30 and thus is considered "balanced".

I think to me that makes the most sense to accomdate all the different reactions that differ between individuals. What do you think?
>>
>>9025879
Well I'm talking percentage breakdown. So 20/20/20/ would be 33/33/33. A third of each for the day.

Balanced to me would be making sure you are getting the proper building blocks your body needs for daily operations.

That's something that is impossible to tell. You will have an individual need for vitamins, minerals, etc. Some people will need more or less depending on their body's ability to utilize these inputs.

You are building a house. It's best to offer the best materials and in abundance. Doing it efficiently is also important because eating is a lot of wear and tear on the body. Probably why calorie restriction leads to longevity.

Well 400 calories of spinach gives you a shit ton of building material. 400 calories of wheat does no such thing.
>>
>>9025890
Very good point, what if this meal had supplements to accommodate the necessary vitamins and minerals that otherwise couldn't have possibly been found.

The building blocks will be supplemented, such as Omega 3s , Vitamin E etc.

You've really opened my eyes on what I should be looking at, I can't thank you enough. I wish I would be able to contact you again in case I come up with another question..
>>
File: Physical-Degeneration.jpg (140KB, 694x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Physical-Degeneration.jpg
140KB, 694x1021px
>>9025893
Check out podcasts by Robb Wolf and Chris Kresser.

And Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price will totally blow your mind and start you on fire for nutrition.

Post on here and I might see it.
>>
>>9025900
Thank you very much, checking all of this out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.