[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neuroscience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Neuroscience.jpg (452KB, 800x633px) Image search: [Google]
Neuroscience.jpg
452KB, 800x633px
What does /sci/ think about Neuroscience?
How do i get into it?
>>
The first line made me think this would be an interesting thread, but the second made me realize it was made by a 18 to 20 year old idiot who wants career advice instead of talking about cool /sci/ stuff.
>>
>>9025223
Could be, or I'm an 23 year old loser who sits in his room all day and want to get into interesting stuff.
>>
>>9025216
By reading the fucking sticky, Jesus Christ!
How does everyone miss the sticky?
>>>>/sci/catalog
>↓
>>>5942502
>↓
>https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/
>↓
>http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
>↓
>http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Biology_Textbook_Recommendations
>↓
>Neuroscience
But you're probably a dumbshit and will need to work from the high school material beforehand.
>>
>>9025223
make it a cool thread!
>>
>>9025242
Why you interested in it?
>>
>>9025216
>wants to learn serious brainer
>don't know how to research
>lurks /sci / for clues

You Netflix, right?
Did you ever walked your r.c. like a dog in the park?
Or let the r.c. join you for a selfy?
>>
>>9025216
Neuroscience is literally psychology mixed with biology and brain anatomy.
>>
File: Carboniferous.jpg (278KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Carboniferous.jpg
278KB, 1280x720px
>>9025498
Applied psychology! :^)
>>
Principles of Neural Science by Kandel
>>
>>9025498
Not correct, psychology is biology, but only focuses on the brain and parts that are connected. Bones for example are not connected to the brain, nor does the brain manipulate growth of bonestructure. Bones however are part of biology.
>>
>>9025498
not at all, it's biology of the nervous system (literally, nervous system + biology forms the name neuroscience/neurobiology), it informs fields like psychology but psychology is largely evaluating behaviour directly and is based on retarded old shit.
>>
>>9026105
People don't seem to realise that the study of neuroscience has so far relied on methodology, tests and theories developed in psychology to study/interpret the brain. Furthermore psychology is probably useful in terms of starting more from phenomonological aspects. I dont think any neuroscience would be complete without an interpretation this way.
>>
>>9026157
Having studied it form a medical perspective, it feels like psychology has taken lessons from neuroscience.
>>
>get into neuroscience
go to wikipedia for some receptor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_protein%E2%80%93coupled_receptor) or something and just click on the terms you dont understand till you find an article you can understand, and work your way backwards

you could also buy books or something but i think you will get overwhelmed.
maybe im just a brainlet but going to school for neurology would be a better idea because you will learn it from the ground up which will give you an actual understanding and you can ask questions/find out if you are actually learning the material
>>
>>9026180
Yeah ofcourse but how are you going to study or contextualise neural responses without theories or methods of looking at behaviour. I reckon most neuroscience probs refers in some way to theories from cognitive psychology and computational theorists try to design models that replicate results or data drawn from these methods and theories too. Neuroscience too is obviously going tp constrain the way we view psychology and cognitive theories too. They both interact and i think the line blurrs sometimes in the sense that they ask different but overlapping questions about the same area/topic
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.