[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ancient Egyptians understood General Relativity before Einstein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ancient egypt.jpg (3MB, 2691x2118px) Image search: [Google]
ancient egypt.jpg
3MB, 2691x2118px
I have heard this claim before at first i dismissed it as nonsense...but now i wanted to ask you guys

do you guys think it's possible they did?
>>
>>9024554
What's the evidence they did? At the time, they thought light was a particle but I'm not aware they had a model of physics built around that.
>>
How exactly were the Egyptians going to understand relativity when they didn't even have an understanding of Non-Euclidean Geometry which didn't come around until the 19th century?
>>
>>9024566
they didn't even have a understanding of Euclidean Geometry that well

Ancient Egypt is obviously one of the most overrated ancient civilizations

their mathematics and science were generally less sophisticated than the Greeks, focused more on practical reasons, not much for the theoretical stuff Greece was

Greece was the first civilization to introduce mathematical proofs and an axiomatic deductive system.

>in b4, but the greeks were influenced by egypt
>>
>>9024573
>they didn't even have a understanding of Euclidean Geometry that well

kekked
>>
>>9024554
Yeah, but they were white, so that isn't surprising at all.
>>
seeing as to have a understanding of general relativity

you would of had to have an understanding of Universal Gravitation, Newton's 3 laws and Electromagnetism

so I'm going to say no
>>
>>9024554
>do you guys think it's possible they did?
No.
>>
One dynasty did in fact countenance the idea that "vacuum" (a rough translation, but it basically means "space") was pressed upon by matter in such a way that it could draw other matter toward it. Their reasoning was based on the fact that sinking ships tended to drag nearby flotsam down with them. Of course, now we know that this suction is just the result of water rushing to fill the space inside the ships, but you can see how this would perplexing if you didn't understand fluid dynamics.
>>
>>9024898
WE
>>
File: pyramide-monde-entier.jpg (33KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
pyramide-monde-entier.jpg
33KB, 600x398px
>>9024573
>they didn't even have a understanding of Euclidean Geometry that well

your complete lack of historic knowledge is showing
>>
>>9024916
Is this evidence that they knew about general relativity
>>
>>9026510
Not to the extent the Greeks understood it
>>
>>9024554
no they didn't confirm einstein's bullshit rip off theory

moreover einstein just supported egyptian/babylonian mysticism as an alternative explanation to michelson morleys experiment whichaccidently proved the aether and geocentricity

science is trying totheoretically rebrand aether as something else..and use ancients to confirm their dogmas while looking over the fact that expirements done in the early 20th century proved all this nonsense wrong.

and despite no more significant american inventions or independent scientific breakthroughs in the last century, people will listen to their science priests tell them that ancient egyptian mystery schools knew about theories that require the theory of gravity as a force/emergent property of mass to be studied and verified before any further assumptions can be made.
>>
>>9026515
your westerner graecoroman centric indoctrination is also showing

Greeks took their asses to egypt to learn shit about everything.

thats also if who you consider to be greeks are actually greek and not just what the Romans called them.

and romans called everyone who didn't speak greek barbarian including northern greeks, so good luck making such assumptions when babylonian mathematics were superior to greek from the start. And Egyptian canon of proportion serves as the basis of all greek sophical bullshit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.