[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth's Magnetosphere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Current Magnetic Feild.gif (24KB, 616x574px) Image search: [Google]
Current Magnetic Feild.gif
24KB, 616x574px
Why have we been getting more and more disturbing anomalies in our Magnetosphere?
Are the conspiracies true, is earths magnetic field about to flip...or fail!
>>
>>9020086
i'll try again later, seems no one cares right now.
>>
>>9020086
Its not a conspiracy theory. The Earths magnetic field has flipped many times throughout history. This is fact, as evidenced by ice core samples dating back many thousands of years, and is not up for debate. Looking at the history of Earths magnetic flips we are long overdue for another one. Its not a question of if, its a question of when.
>>
>>9020238
now what causes it?
Naturally occurring phenomena of magnetism? Something we don't yet understand about planetary dynamics?
Or something else?
>>
File: RIght now..gif (21KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
RIght now..gif
21KB, 540x300px
I mean just look at whats going on with a"quiet" solar day Jesus Christ...
We should NOT be having this level of magnetic fluctuation with NO major solar flares.
>>
>>9020243
We arent exactly sure. The field is generated by the liquid metal core of the planet. My best guess is it has to do with the dynamic unstable nature of liquids.
>>
>>9020086
Does this have to do with the inner liquid iron current surrounding the core that is accelerating?
>>
Could it be yet another case of anthropological effect of global warming?
>>
>>9020249
Do you have any evidence to show this isn't the normal state of the magnetosphere? Or are you simply assuming it was simpler just because our imaging technology did not have high enough resolution to show what it currently shows.
>>
>>9020238
>>9020249
Plebeian here. Is the world going to end, if yes, hoe exactly? Will it be instantaneous and everyone dies or more of a slow and painful apocalypse?
>>
>>9020250
i have a theory, it nuts but it is a theory.
Its a self perpetuating loop till the system fails and basically has to reboot.

As the field starts to weaken more solar radiation is able to permeate into the core increasing the heat of the core, this causes it to spin faster or disturb its spin, this in turn weakens the electromagnetic properties further causing a faster and faster loop of magnetic field weakening.
My theory comes from this video of a magnetic ball being heated by magnets till the ball is so hot it cant have proper magnetism then drops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VydPQuLyEns

Well the core is roughly the size of the moon, and is being kept rotating and compressed, but what happens if the core gets TOO hot, it would still be molten but would it be too hot to maintain the magnetic field?

Just my theory. i have a lot to learn.
>>
>>9020262
this website shows whats going on and i have seen it at rest it looks normal but once in a while we get these massive disturbances.
Thing is they are increasing in number with less and less time between them. https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ccmc-swrt-display/SWMF-RCM/index.php
>>
File: ycut2 (2).gif (18KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
ycut2 (2).gif
18KB, 540x300px
>>9020262
adding to it here THIS is pretty much normal.
I will admit though i have only been studying these phenomenon for about a year, and don't know all the details.
Need more info and references.
>>
>>9020266
Answer me please.
>>
>>9020282
i don't know, if it fails completely with no reset going out side for 15 minuets would be like being in the microwave for 2 seconds.
and i would give our world about 100 years before it looked like a hotter version of mars. Then eventually just like mars.

If it resets (flip) who knows it could wipe out all of our tech like a planet wide EMP or it could do nothing, we just don't know i and i won't profess to know either.
>>
>>9020288
>going out side for 15 minuets would be like being in the microwave for 2 seconds.
I have never been inside a micro wave. What would it be to go outside for 15 minuets (or being in the microwave for 2 seconds)?
>>
>>9020292
painful i am sure, do you remember the movie the core? Imagine what happened to the guy's arm on the GG bridge.
>>
>>9020296
I see. Tho that movie was pure shit. The only part I liked about it was the hacker guy with the hotpockets because it made me think of janny.
>>
>>9020306
won't lie it was pure shit. But like in all bad sci-fi's there is the nugget of scientific fact or theory in there.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.