[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the hardest undergraduate class? Is it real analysis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2131.jpg (2MB, 1804x1444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2131.jpg
2MB, 1804x1444px
What is the hardest undergraduate class?

Is it real analysis?
>>
>>9016570
Not all schools have the same classes available to undergrads.
>>
>>9016570
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_55

>Some claim it is the most difficult undergraduate math course in the United States.
>>
Fluid Dynamics
>>
>>9016597
I thought mine was pretty easy. I thought the course I took on the finite element method was a lot harder.
>>
Pchem
>>
>>9016570
english 101/102
alternatively
his of western civilization
>>
>>9016597
I had a high school math teacher with a phd in fluid dynamics. Is it bad he'd be teaching at a high school? He was also insecure about not being referred to as Dr x over a Mr x
>>
>>9016570
It depends on the person. I have legit seen some aspies get Cs in communications because they couldn't compose themselves enough to speak in front of a class.

I think chemistry did it for me. It was composed of this weird mixture of physics, biology, and chemistry that made absolutely no sense. I didn't know what to study for on the exam because we'd be given 40 pages of fucking reading material and the tests would somehow focus 40 questions on 5 sentences of material, that if we didn't know word for word, was going to fuck us over.

Just a shit syllabus in general, no instructor should ever say "just read the textbook and you won't need test preps or syllabus information."

That same instructor had a <2 star rating on ratemyprofessor.
>>
>>9017176
Jesus crimeny, this. Also the most pretentious teachers.
>>
>>9017193
How would you like to be calls ms. You fucking ingrate. Learn what dr. Means
>>
File: 1475269827750.jpg (93KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
1475269827750.jpg
93KB, 1024x514px
>>9016570
Set Theory
>>
>>9017193
Any good professor I've ever had just had us call him by his first name.
>>
File: harvard_shield_wreath.png (95KB, 303x320px) Image search: [Google]
harvard_shield_wreath.png
95KB, 303x320px
>>9016570
Harvard Math 55 (The only one real answer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_55
The Harvard University Department of Mathematics claims that
"This [Math 55] is probably the most difficult undergraduate math class in United States".

Honors Abstract Algebra + Honors Real and Complex Analysis

https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-take-Harvards-Math-55-as-an-MIT-student
>>
>>9017588
"Math 55" is only hyped up because it's, well... Harvard.

Also, I know for a fact (from people I know who have taken it) that a good amount of cheating takes place in that class.
>>
>>9017588

What about upper-division math classes at Harvard? Or courses at MIT or Princeton?
>>
>>9017725
>What about upper-division math classes at Harvard?
Everyone drops out after failing Math 55 so there is no need for those
>>
>>9016570
depends on the school, on the professor, and on your own strengths and weaknesses
>>
>>9017588
Only non-meme

Difficulty has to be measured by information density, not what you as an undergraduate consider to be the final boss of your major.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.