[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens inside?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: black hole.jpg (330KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
black hole.jpg
330KB, 1620x1080px
Infinite gravity pit?
Portal to another Universe?
>>
File: 1498614490495s.jpg (2KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498614490495s.jpg
2KB, 123x125px
>>9014372
> every alternate existence in possibility occurs simultaneously, including ones in which this *doesnt* happen. The paradox births a new black hole inside each daughter universe, leading to the propogation of the Multiverse.

in all seriousness, no one has any idea because math = ded at that point. Probably something boring like matter just getting smashed together infinitely close or being converted to energy, but keep dreaming anon
>>
quantium gravity when
>>
File: penrose diagram.png (1MB, 688x673px) Image search: [Google]
penrose diagram.png
1MB, 688x673px
>>9014372
>>
>>9014372
is op's pic wrong? wouldn't you still be able to see stars that were in front of the black hole, so it wouldn't look like a completely black section of space?
>>
>>9014413
It's only an artist's impression. If there were objects in front of it, you'd see them just fine. What the image fails to show effectively is the gravitational lensing.
>>
A little girls bedroom in several different moments of time.
>>
>>9014410
What do the x-y axis represent?
>>
>>9014372
Matter gets condensed into a singularity, and the black hole becomes bigger as it swallows up more matter with it's gravitational pull.

I've heard hypothetical explanations of black holes expand by absorbing more matter, and as they get bigger their pull event horizon expands but becomes slower. Which might explain the super massive ones at the centre's of galaxies.
>>
If you spin it hard enough, the event horizon is mathematically predicted to vanish. I wonder what happens then? I've heard it said that black holes have no hair. Are naked singularities hairy?
>>
>>9015314
What's up with all the interstellar memes lately?

Just wondering
>>
>>9014372
You'd be surprised, but nothing actually happens inside
It's called a "black hole" for a reason
>>
When 2 Black Holes are merging, what happens to the singularities?
>>
>>9016505
Well, according to the speculated conclusions about detecting gravitational waves, They just combine and release a lot of energy in the form of gravitational waves.
>>
>>9014413
>wouldn't you still be able to see stars that were in front of the black hole
You would see them around the black hole because of gravitational lensing.

>so it wouldn't look like a completely black section of space?
Why on earth would that happen? The light coming from the star towards you would just fall into the black hole so it would still appear black.
>>
>>9016512
>release a lot of energy
What if they orbited each other long enough they stopped being black holes since they kept losing energy?
>>
>>9014372
A black dindu god that dindu nuffin' robbing all energy and matter from the materialistic universe
>>
A black hole is never black itd be surrounded by glowing hot matter entering
>>
>>9014372
>inside
You're implying that there's a space inside
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.