[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are left-handed people genetically superior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: righty.jpg (364KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
righty.jpg
364KB, 1160x629px
Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, and Charles Darwin were all southpaws.
Eight U.S. presidents: James A. Garfield, Herbert Hoover, Harry S Truman, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
Fully 25 percent of the Apollo astronauts were left-handed.
Gates, Winfrey, Jobs, Zuckerberg, etc.

Left-handed people make up ~10% of the population, but they are over-represented in areas of high IQ and achievement.

Is it possible that there are group differences in intelligence between left- and right-handed people?
>>
statistically yes, but only because trump skews the statistics so much
>>
File: poltards2.jpg (72KB, 646x371px) Image search: [Google]
poltards2.jpg
72KB, 646x371px
>>9013507
careful now, we don't want to bring free speech down upon ourselves.
>>
i am left hand and am all of the smart so yes
>>
>>9013503
they are statistically over achievers
no significant difference in IQ though

IQ fucking sucks as a metric?
>>
File: Autism43.png (175KB, 549x495px) Image search: [Google]
Autism43.png
175KB, 549x495px
>>9013503
You might find this interesting, it is from the interesting half of "The Master and His Emissary", the other half is too speculative for me
>>
>>9013708
>implying IQ and achievement are not strongly correlated
isn't this beyond settled by now?
>>
>>9014020
alot of things are correlated with achievement, such as the social status of your parents
let's use those things to measure intelligence!!!
>>
>>9013717
Does the book suggest any technique to take advantage of the information presented?
>>
>>9014135
>Does the book suggest any technique to take advantage of the information presented?
Nah not at all, it just describes lateralization and in the other half of the book the author speculates about a cultural lateralization, the idea goes something like this: we use one part of our brain more in our current culture, but that's all a some kind of speculative neurophilosophy
>>
>>9014030
>strawmanning this hard
OK, if left-handers are statistically over-achievers, and you posit that it's not due to some innate quality that they have, what do you propose is the reason?
>>
>>9014020
>>implying IQ and achievement are not strongly correlated
they aren't tho
iq explains at most 25% of difference in achievement (for academic)

is that strong? maybe
>>9014157
according to the wiki article on handedness left-handers have 1 (one) IQ point more than right handers
>>
There is no such thing as "genetically superior."
>>
File: einstein11a-7-web.jpg (97KB, 750x981px) Image search: [Google]
einstein11a-7-web.jpg
97KB, 750x981px
>>9013503
>Albert Einstein
>Isaac Newton
I don't know about the others, but there's zero evidence these two were left handed. In fact, there are pictures that imply Einstein was probably right handed.

I don't know why lefties make up these lies. Are they trying to feel special?
>>
File: 1498268505062.gif (16KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498268505062.gif
16KB, 750x750px
>>9014153
But wouldn't be reasonable to assume one could unlock some more brainpower by, say, learning to write with the non-dominant hand?
>>
>>9013503
Additional neurons in the frontal lobe.

Ambidexterity is where you have statistically significant results.
>>
File: farage.png (686KB, 656x626px) Image search: [Google]
farage.png
686KB, 656x626px
>>9014180
He used to jack off with his left hand to avoid getting questioned about his ripped right bicep.
>>
>>9014176
Yeah, i meant to say "superior intelligence with a genetic basis"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.