[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is death like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 26

File: image.jpg (77KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 500x644px
What is death like?
>>
the end of life
>>
>>9013051
Turn off all the lights in your house.
Now put on some earmuffs and comfortable clothes.
Hold your nose so you don't smell anything.
Now shoot yourself.
That's pretty much it, that's what it's like.
>>
File: was-an-atheist.jpg (77KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
was-an-atheist.jpg
77KB, 639x639px
>>9013051
You meet Jesus and he asks you to repent 3 times...
>>
File: blissful.jpg (30KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
blissful.jpg
30KB, 540x540px
Blissful
>>
Neck yourself and find out.
>>
>>9013074
why best memes come from /sci/
>>
remember what it was like before life? me neither but probably that
>>
>>9013051
I'd assume, if all of my scientific practices serve me right (and I've studied death for some volume of years now), that death will be something close to a very painful moment and how fearful you are in that moment will determine the rest of your existence's experience on another plane. My research shows that where you fall on the pain acceptance skill will directly correlate to which album of David Bowie's that you listen to for the remainder of time.
>>
Don't you agree the nature of the Universe is evil?

People are born into this world.
They have their own dreams, hopes, ambitions, desires. But they suffer their whole lives. All for what? To die, and never again be remembered. None of the things you want ever come true. You are fed up with hopes since the beggining of your life, and they never end up in anything but disappointment. And after you die, your counsciousness will never come back. When you die there is no God who will hug you and tell you you have already gone through enough and now you deserve some peace. Instead, our whole lives are for nothing, and then we die. Nobody to mourn the things you so much longer for. Nothing you want ever came true. You were put in the world to suffer and you'll be stripped from your existence in death. That's what death is like.

I know 4chad specially sci is very normalfag and you will be disagreeing with this and making fun of it but everything was said is absolutely true.
>>
Imagine what it was like to be awake before you were born. It's a bit like that
>>
File: 1498438852675.png (221KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498438852675.png
221KB, 512x384px
What will your last thought be, /sci/?
>>
>>9013310
No dude, everything you said is very correct.

Except for one point, your family will remember you for a generation or two
>>
>>9013651
I'd like to die laughing at my own joke
>>
>>9013651
Endless stream of regrets and memories long gone
>>
>>9013661
yeah but you'll never experience anything for all eternity! haha!
>>
>>9013051
>What is death like?
>Proof: Left as an exercise for the reader
>>
File: 148539012262.png (9KB, 672x480px) Image search: [Google]
148539012262.png
9KB, 672x480px
>>9013652
Except I don't have family beyond parents who kicked me out...
I do pray everyday that there is an afterlife. I have death anxiety and would like to get a chance to live again.
>>
>>9013728
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”- albert einstein
there is nothing to fear about death its just a dreamless sleep
>>
>>9013051
Like those dreamless naps you take. At least from a totally secular point of view. You only experience time while conscious so don't get worked over on "forever" since you can only posit forever has passed if/when you regain consciousness.
>>
>>9013651
what a nice life i had, i hope i have done everything in my power to make a better civilization for the future generations to enjoy
>>
>>9013732
>there is nothing to fear about death
What I fear is literally losing my mind. As I put it previously, our experience of existence is a collection of memories, desires, emotions, thoughts, hopes, dreams, ambitions. I have so many of those. They are plentiful. I feel like I need to protect those, and protect the mechanism that makes this possible, whatever the cost. I can't let go of it, even though I have had no life beyond depression. When I go to bed, I like to think when I die I'll meet some deus ex machina, and he will let me live the life I've always asked for. I dream about having a life of comfort and peace, without any suffering, and that is not non existence. I do this every, single, day. But I know I'm seriously mentally retarded. I'm more like an animal, like a dog or a gorilla, than a human. What goes through my mind matters even less than what goes on in the mind of real humans. All I can do is complain about it, hope there is less suffering and that my dream will come true, even though this hope is just another meaningless biological reaction to this kind of despair. I'm sorry for this post.
>>
Smart money is on nothing happens when you die. Its like a light bulb burning out. The light doesn't go somewhere else, its just gone. There is no heaven or hell, no judgement, there is no afterlife. You die and your consciousness doesn't exist any more.
>>
>>9013765
you probably have great potential to better the world, it may be mental illness/depression causing you death anxiety you should see a psychiatrist and also don't be a neet that is probably very bad for your mental health,i am not scared of death because i am content with what i have i don't think of these what ifs like the afterlife and other dreams, i just work towards a better world and contribute as much as i can to civilization
>>
>>9013051
a relief :)
>>
>>9013765
All is mind, you cannot lose it. Death is like waking up from a dream you didn't know you had.
>>
>>9013732
>there is nothing to fear about death its just a dreamless sleep
The fear of death doesn't have anything to do with a fear that post-death might be suffering. Anyone who really believes in an afterlife will be taking appropriate religious action to convince themselves that they'll make it to heaven.
The reason people don't want to die is precisely because there's nothing there. We like living and aren't particularly happy that we have to stop.
>>
>>9013828
but its going to happen either way and you are not conscious to suffer anyways
>>
>>9013879
wait am i the only one who is not scared of dying does this mean i am stupid
>>
>>9013051
I legitimately think death is the most neutral event that can happen, more than neutral even. When you're dead you can't regret, you can't long for anything, you simply cease to be. I can't pity a dead person, and I often think it's best for someone to be dead if they had a shitty life.
Yet here I am, with dreams and things to look forward to, and I really don't want to die. It's weird.
>>
>>9013654
Henlo Diogenes
>>
>>9013159
This, I hope.
>>
>>9013879
>but its going to happen either way
The fact that you can't avoid it doesn't somehow make it not bad.

>and you are not conscious to suffer anyways
you're repeating the exact same line that I just explained is missing the point. People aren't afraid that death is going to be suffering, they don't want their consciousness to stop.
>>
Oh c'mon with this preachy bullshit.This is a science board.Death involves your brain ceasing to function.So you can't think or feel.So nothing.You feel nothing after death.End of story.
>>
>>9014027
>they don't want their consciousness to stop.

for some reason this doesn't make me scared or feel bad, is this because i have brain damage or is it normal for some people
>>
>>9013061
Isn't it nice being able to change your mind when confronted with evidence that contradicts your worldview.
>>
>>9013765
>I'm sorry for this post.
you better be
>>
>>9013690
>eternity

what a meme
>>
File: hell-5-views-3-638.jpg (67KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
hell-5-views-3-638.jpg
67KB, 638x479px
So, in all seriousness. How angry would you guys be if, immediately after dying, you woke up surrounded by fire and evil laughter?

I'm an atheist myself, but if Christians turned out to be right, I would be absurdly pissed.
>>
A massive fucking DMT trip
>>
>>9013732
>"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”- albert Einstein

Einstein was also a Jew, and we all know how the old testament was. Jesus was forgiving of all.

>a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty

Human frailty is the result of our own mortal bodies. I can't imagine Einstein actually being this narrow-minded in his break-down of such a being.

>>9013828
>The reason people don't want to die is precisely because there's nothing there

I don't get what you're saying? Are you implying that you can confirm what happens after passing away? Isn't it science that dictates that the universe abhors a vacuum? Wouldn't we be more likely to therefor assume that existence is never-ending?
>>
>>9013051
Lucid dreaming in astral projection.
>>
it's like having a dick in your ass
>>
>>9013828
>Anyone who really believes in an afterlife will be taking appropriate religious action to convince themselves that they'll make it to heaven.
No. It's the other way around. Their consciousness spits out they believe in the afterlife and whatever lessons their religion preaches [math]because[/math] they are acting that way in the first place. Consciousness justifies the subconsciouss actions, not the other way around. Read basic psychology mate.
>>
>>9014178
I would spend a century or two bitching because it seems kind of rigged for God to make skeptical people and then punish them.

Then I would ask why I woke up since hell in Christianity is supposed to be obliteration of the soul. Then I would just chill with other hell people I guess.
>>
>>9013159
I didn't exist before I was born. I will have existed before I die
>>
Probably the same as not having been born yet.
>>
>>9013739
Why? Theyll die too. And then go extinct. And all life will be gone without any history left behind. Trillions of planets are probably like this and will stay that way forever. How does THAT make you feel huh????
>>
>>9013051
Since it is the extinction of any ability to have a frame of reference it lies permanently beyond any frame of reference so there is nothing it can be like.
Ask people to use three words that describe a white room without doors, windows or any features. These words will describe their attitude to extinction.
My three: boring, temporary, clean
>>
>>9013310
>evil
i'd go with malign and implacably sad.
>>
>>9013765
>I can't let go of it, even though I have had no life beyond depression.
Problem and solution, right there.
>>
brb killing myself to find out xD
>>
>>9015079
Find anything?
>>
>>9013051
probably a lot like what is was before life. now let's make it before the world ends baby
>>
>>9013121
That's a funny way to spell /tv/.
>>
>>9013651
>"Wish I did things differently. Oh well, doesn't matter now."
>>
Anybody ever think that you're the only "real" person in this universe, and that when you die, everything else will also cease to exist since you're no longer around?
>>
>>9014178
Yeah, I'd be a little bitter. I'd try to find a demon who would explain this bullshit to me, then I'd spend the next gorillion years developing a masochism fetish and start enjoying the torture.
>>
>>9016509
Pretty sure everyone does. Consciousness is a strange duck. Hard to believe it only rises out of intelligence, but that sure seems to be the case.
>>
File: 1497120548265.jpg (42KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1497120548265.jpg
42KB, 641x530px
>>9013051
Is that cat OK?
>>
>>9014178
>He isn't honored to have you in His presence
>>
>>9013651
>Finally I will be free.
>>
>>9014121
yes, you have severe brain damage and autism
>>
>>9013728
That's a pretty image. What's the source?
>>
>>9013051
It isn't
>>
>>9013912
just means youre either severly depressed or you didnt ever feel like being close
>>
>>9013051
Depends on how you die
>>
>>9014551
Isn't it the other way around? You were formed in a human body but when you die you're disintegrating completely into the earth.
>>
>>9013051
you end but you don't know you've ended, you don't even know that you've stopped knowing
>>
>>9013159
What an embarrassingly moronic statement. You simply did not exist yet. Sperms don't have souls. Humans do.

Tell me O great armchair experts, if there really is no hell or heaven, do you honestly think all the murderers, offenders and the degenerates that hide society that got away with will simply die a normal, natural death without any justice?
>>
>>9013051
You won't even miss it, and it won't concern you once you're dead.

I think of the experience like going under general anesthesia. You can fight the urge to sleep, but your body is going numb and you're losing the ability to move different parts of it. Eventually, you'll lose the ability to control your voice, your breathing, your eyes, and then, it'll all be over. Any last words you try to make at the last moment will just be a mumble. You've said your peace. And now, you have peace.
>>
>>9014178
>arrive in hell
>find that a society has risen up above the flames
>turns out some of the greatest minds went to hell and went on to live for centuries longer, allowing for inhuman intellect
>humans are still the demons' bitches, but the demons have it better by letting people do their thing and improve shit
>lucifer is fine with this since he got his wish for a realm to call his own, a world in which he is the highest deity

I'd read that book.
>>
I died once.

But there's fucking nothing. There is no freedom or enlightenment in death.

Stay alive as long as you possibly can anons. It's the only thing you can ever have. There's no gods, there's no afterlifes of any sort. There is no soul. Consciousness is chemistry. Your mind and body are a machine. Take care of them.
>>
>>9018103
Other people had died and claimed to experience otherwise, Anon.
>>
>>9017780
Yeah
Justice is purely biological and human concept. The universe doesn't need to balance people's karmas or whatever dumby
>>
>>9017780
Provided that they don't die prematurely through some other means, yes. I truly believe if you get away with murder, then there is no "justice" (so subjective) that awaits you on the other side.
>>
>>9017966
Can I fuck demons and all sorts of unholy shit in this world of yours?
>>
>>9018220
Physically impossible. Memory formation stops pretty much immediately. So they're either remembering things just prior to death or just constructing false memories whole-cloth or a little of both.

I can never even be sure I'm the same person I was before I died or just a reconstruction based upon a pile of memories he had. See, it's not like waking up from sleep. It's more like everything is suddenly switched on before you're ready for it or know how it all works.
>>
>>9013651
>I could have saved a lot of money on car insurance by switching to Geico...
>>
File: cluster.jpg (256KB, 1284x964px) Image search: [Google]
cluster.jpg
256KB, 1284x964px
>>9013051
take about seven grams (dried) of pic related and in about an hour a moment will come when you will suddenly experience the loss of the awareness of your separate individuality .

It is like being born again. Maybe like a short circuit is made which bypasses areas of the mind where your set of values, definitions , tastes, are bypassed. they are not immediately accessible so sense mediated consciousness is pure, direct.. if death is only the death of the body and consciousness exists beyond that event it would be like being birthed into a new place with no reference to draw upon to make sense of it all.
>>
>>9017780
>If x is true, I'll be sad
>I do not wish to be sad
>Therefore, x is false.
>>
Sleep
>>
>>9017780
souls aren't real you muffin muncher

>do you honestly think all the murderers, offenders and the degenerates that hide society that got away with will simply die a normal, natural death without any justice
uhh yes
life is hard and then you die
>>
>>9018449
Sooo if there's no memory formation, how can you say that there was absolutely nothing? You don't even remember it,right?....
>>
>>9017764
So then what is it like to not experience anything for eternity???
>>
>>9018918
If you do remember something that doesn't exist, is it real? Of course not. If you don't remember something that doesn't exist, is it real? Of course not. Therefore there's nothing.

I remember before and after and there's nothing in-between. There's not a more accurate way to put that. There's no mystical bullshit happening that lets you form experience, a physical brain function, when you're dead. You don't dream, you don't absorb environmental experience passively like when you're asleep. Most near death "experiences" probably occur just before or just after death when the brain is still working.
>>
>>9013051
I once had a severe concussion and was out of it for some time. Suddenly I just wake up in the hospital with no recollection of the past week. I just came to be. Had I not woken up, there'd be nothing, just emptiness. I guess it doesn't scare me anymore now that I know what to roughly expect. We all die eventually, your time will come so why not accept it and focus on more relevant matters?
>>
File: demiurge.jpg (125KB, 418x627px) Image search: [Google]
demiurge.jpg
125KB, 418x627px
>>9013310

Not only is it evil as in it has the property of being evil, but it is Evil itself. There is nothing worse.
>>
>>9013051
smoke some dmt
>>
Dying is safe.
>>
>>9013732
>Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body

If the abjection of space, time, and the singular localized self cannot destroy Consciousness then nothing can.
>>
>>9013051
I think most people would agree that when you flick a lighter a new flame comes out each time, rather than it being the same flame coming out over and over.

You are just awareness. Tonight when you go to sleep you will flicker off and then back on in a different state when you dream. Is that the same awareness that was on when you went to bed? What if each time your consciousness turns off you disappear forever and a new awareness is created? An identical clone created inevitably with the same memories since it's created by the same brain. Maybe you've only been alive since this morning, and you won't even see tomorrow. If this was the case death would only mean something to our loved ones.

[spoiler]I'm feeling sleepy and might take a nap soon, this could be goodbye forever /sci/.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9019687
Nice spoiler tags, Nerd.
>>
>>9019687
>we die every time we go to sleep
I love this meme. The simple fact that consciousness is located in the brain and the brain is the same no matter how much you sleep proves it wrong.
>>
Surely if any sort of afterlife existed it wouldn't be based on a predefined right and wrong, the only way it could work is if you knew something was wrong but did it anyway, so in theory a serial killer who was insane and believed he was doing the right thing would be in heaven
>>
File: 1482112305922.jpg (32KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482112305922.jpg
32KB, 700x700px
>>9013256
>>
File: The Question.jpg (62KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
The Question.jpg
62KB, 500x700px
>>
>>9013310
It's only intrinsically evil if those things are needed to live well. There are modes of existence which take that nihilism into account and still produce lives worth living. Transcendent states of mind are aptly named.
>>
>>9014339
you're an idiot
>>
File: pepe.jpg (30KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
30KB, 399x388px
>>9014188
>Are you implying that you can confirm what happens after passing away?
Yes, you pass away when you pass away (crazy right?)

>Isn't it science that dictates that the universe abhors a vacuum? Wouldn't we be more likely to therefor assume that existence is never-ending?
So then your shirt will exist forever because nature abhors shirt vacuums? Your brain will disintegrate, and though its reduced components may be perpetual, its emergent structures will disappear alongside any consciousness of said structure.

Though consciousness itself may not be an emergent phenomenon, the contents of consciousness you associate with self being most certainly are, as can be seen abundantly clearly through mindfulness, philosophy, and experiment.

see >>9014551 >>9013733 >>9017764

>>9013159
Very naive/ illiterate perspective of time. The actuality of an event's existence after a particular moment is no different than any before.

>>9013651
Hopefully something lovely and beautiful. Likely something painful and bitter.

>>9013728
saved

>>9013765
I feel you, brother
>>
>>9013059
underrated
>>
>>9020020

I got >>9013159 and >>9014551 mixed up, my bad
>>
>>9013310
>4chad
>>
I think consciousness is an awareness of the need to regulate bodily functions. Without that need what is there? Maybe consciousness is this universal thing but I doubt it.
>>
File: The Return of the Living Dead.jpg (20KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
The Return of the Living Dead.jpg
20KB, 400x293px
>>9013051
IT HURTS!
>>
death is warm
it feels like your entire body is being hugged
>>
>>9017780
According to whichever god you believe in, all the innocent people who have been killed as a byproduct of war are going to hell because their parents told them to believe in the wrong god. Wheres the justice in that?
>>
>>9017966
Lucifer actually isnt in charge of hell according to christianity; he's one of the prisoners
>>
>>9013051
its like all those time you spent before you were born
>>
>>9020654

This argument hinges on memory being accurate and reliable, which everyone says is not the case.
>>
I'm really, really fucking pissed. Seeing all these posts about suicide on 4chan, this generation of losers and rejects, all those younglets working at walmart and the lack of college or shit degrees.

Then I came up with a simple and amazing solution because a lot of people were dying around me, namely poor people who didn't have it good.

I was ready to die at the age of 16. Now I'm 20 and pissed off that I didn't do it on time. A bunch of people have been treating me with indifference, dissent and hate. It makes me wanna /fit/ up, learn chemistry, get rich and leave them handicapped just to get some revenge on them. But that means wasting more time and I'll never improve anyway.

It's like staying in a shit neighborhood just because that qt 3.14 blonde girl is there.
I was ready to die happily before that qt 3.14 showed her face.
>>
>>9020870
actually, memory is utterly irrelevant to that argument, it's just pointing out similarity between two states of not being alive.
>>
>>9016509
You perceive your subjective world, but you inhabit an objective world. Everything you see and sense is essentially a projection of your subconscious receiving sensory input. When that stops, any idea of the "world" that you had also ends.

So, you're half-right.
>>
>>9013651
>i hope they don't make fun of my penis in the morgue
>>
>>9013651
>What will your last thought be, /sci/?

Oops...
>>
>>9013654

So just same ol' same ol'?
>>
>>9013651
>fuck, this is going to hurt
>>
>>9013651
Probably "This is it."
People who thought they were going to die say that's a pretty common thought.
>>
>>9013651
This actually terrifies me the most. I sometimes fantasize that the thoughts I'm having right now are my last. And what if you die in your sleep, and your last thought is actually a dream?
>>
File: machiavelli.jpg (56KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
machiavelli.jpg
56KB, 850x400px
>>9014178
>>
>>9013051
Idk. You WILL have to die eventually, even if you manage to survive for eons, you will have to face proton decay and if that doesn't happen or you somehow manage to embed your consciousness in matter of other kinds, you will face either the heat death of the universe, or a little rip (big rip seems unlikely), or even a new inflationary epoch.

You just can't win in the long run.
>>
>>9021045
>I was ready to die happily before that qt 3.14 showed her face
cuck
>>
>>9013051
Death is like DMT, duh. Everyone knows that
>>
>>9026563
I'll just find a way to escape this universe and exists for eternity throughout all of the multiverse.
>>
>>9013051
Do you remember when you were a sperm and egg?
>>
>>9013651
"Hope I'm wrong".
>>
>>9013651
The thought that I'm about to meet God, and that there will be no more sadness
>>
>>9026552
Hopefully its a happy dream and not a nightmare
>>
>>9015059
Maybe. Also maybe fake.
>>
I feel like, maybe we got to be ready to react thoughtfully (decisively) when we die and, move on. I resist reincarnation from birth or into any form but my own.

This might be a broken sim-machine for all I know that will want to send me back into "a reality" as soon as I wake up.

Fuck that noise.
>>
Every one of you are basing your opinions on what you have experienced throughout your life, and rightfully so. It's obviously not your fault, it's all you know. Our entire reality and physical world we experience is a recreation of whatever true reality "is". Since you were a toddler you've looked at things and threw a label on that thing and left it like that, then paid your attention to whatever else comes into view. Find something to look at, hell even if it's just your reflection a mirror, pay your attention to just that, and when you get bored within 3 seconds stay focused and let it show you what it really is, beyond what you labeled it as a kid.
>>
>>9013651
"Don't shit yourself, don't shit yourself, don't shit yourself, don't shit yourself"
>>
>>9018348
How do I summon a succubus?
>>
>>9026550
Can confirm. It's amazing how much can go through your mind in the split second before tripping and landing going down a steep mountain path. Felt really silly after the fact because I had this whole near slow mo final thoughts moment and got off with grazed arms and legs. Not even a broken bone or a sprain.
>>
>>9028554
Serious answer here:

There's nothing mystical about succubi, all you need is heavy meditation to have sex with a demon.
>>
>>9013651
Ill probably be hungry desu, since im hungry so often, so something about food
>>
>>9013074
*insert sweet ass quarter note guitar riff*
>>
>>9015079
>>9015309

a-are you ok anon?
>>
File: IMG_20170422_234447.jpg (61KB, 598x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_234447.jpg
61KB, 598x1024px
>>9015354
Yes it could be like a forever dreamless sleep like the one you experience during deep anesthesia.
Or it could be anything as we lack reliable coming back witnesses to tell us.
>>
>>
>>9029553
You can still dream during deep anesthesia
>>
Universe is cyclic. You will be gone for a moment then reawaken and live this very same life again over and over for all eternity. Make it count.
>>
it is extremely painful
>>
>>9029565
You gotta die as a BAMF warrior to go to Valhalla, adhering to the pantheon is far from enough
>>
>>9013651

>my chest hurts alot
>>
Nobody knows
>>
>>9013051
>what is before being born like
>>
>>9030038

Why do you think death will be the same?
>>
>>9029899
Just found the pic funny.. .
>>
>>9017966
the book is called job: A comedy of justice by robert heinlein. The MC goes to hell at one point and finds it being run by credit card companies and finance types.
>>
>>9018348
In >>9030467
the mc literally bones a demn. Heinlein wouldve been good at posting here
>>
>>9013051
It's like where u become one with everything and can create and have anything and transcend all realms and boundaries and dimensions and control the universe and time and space and all things forever
>>
>"I dared not speak of this at first. You'd never have let me out of containment. The truth is, I was aware of all of it. I suppose there was a sweet oblivion, like deep sleep, at first; but in retrospect, I think it was no more than a day. Slowly, but unmistakably, I reoccupied my corpse with dreamlike consciousness: numb for the first merciful hours, blind, deaf, and immobile, but then I seemed to reconnect to every nerve, and became aware of every sensation - moreso than I ever was in life. I perceived myself trapped within an immovable object, and the intensity of the struggle amplified: subtle, then acute, then racking. I cannot describe it completely - but imagine holding your breath, beyond urge, beyond pain, beyond desperation - head throbbing and eyes bulging - a dream of suffocation without end.
>>
>>9030474
>"My skin blistered and split in the sunlight; biting insects descended rapidly. I felt eggs hatch, larvae crawl, gases build and burst within me, individual cells rupturing, interstitial fluids souring and blackening. Somehow my capacity to experience and store these sensations grew - even as I was keenly aware of my cerebrum being scattered and devoured, my perception expanded, into the gizzards of birds and the depths of fire ant dens. I was aware of every fingernail and strand of hair that pulled away in the wind - and my sensation clung to them as they settled in the ocean and dissolved in the maws of a trillion diatoms.
>>
>>9030476
>"I don't understand it. The more bits of me there were, the larger my capacity for the perception of pain. As I decayed into pieces smaller than living nerves could possibly distinguish, the character of the discomfort changed - from burning and aching and breaking I might relate to you in human terms - to something worse that I cannot fully articulate: a terrible, maddening stretching of every part of myself from every other part. Humans often numb to chronic pains in life, do they not? Yet every year, every month, every second that passed - I swear it only intensified over time
>>
>>9030477
>"In my previous life, I ruminated on Heaven and Hell, and the likelihood of my experiencing one, the other, or something in between. As terrible as I imagined the torpor of Heaven or the torments of Hell to be, this was entirely different from either. In Hell, at least, there would surely be a tormentor, some memory of my deeds, some sense of justice, even if my soul rejected its logic. I can imagine some comfort in Hell, for a mind such as mine.

>"I do not think this is a punishment. I do not think it is caused. I deeply suspect it is simply our condition, our nature to go on this way, do you see? In all that time, I was certainly, absolutely, totally alone, and before long all memory of life had shriveled to a cinder, lost beneath my interminable anguish. Alive again, I suspect I cannot quite recall the worst of it - as if my living brain is too small for the experience.
>>
>>9030474
>>9030476
>>9030477
>>9030480
Don't you have some special containment procedures to review you fucking nerd?
>>
To put it simply, your just done.
>>
>>9013051
one time i took a bunch of DMT

like, a whole lot. At one point i remember a period of non-experience.

not like, no sensations actual non-ness.

no thoughts, nothing.

probably like that.
>>
>>9030534
this is honestly the only one I've ever read because some asshole on /x/ linked me to it and it detailed my worst fear. I could barely read it, my heart was pounding

no escape, I hate the thought of it
>>
>>9030553
Here's a good one:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-592

>Date: 1st April 1963
>Location: Unknown BEDROOM with WESTERN FURNISHINGS.
>Type: FULL COLOR PHOTOGRAPH
>Subject:
>The image contains two (2) ADULT PERSONS standing, one (1) HUMAN CHILD sitting on a CHAIR or STOOL, and SCP-███. With 100% certainty the PERSONS in the image should have FACIAL FEATURES. With 100% certainty the PERSONS in the image do NOT have FACIAL FEATURES.
>>
File: aXm3559xjU.jpg (44KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm3559xjU.jpg
44KB, 650x650px
One of the worst possible advice in this case.
Made by the inspirobot
A big part of the suffering comes from anticipation
>>
Like a >>9013051
A very cold shower
>>
File: 1440212557718.jpg (56KB, 700x833px) Image search: [Google]
1440212557718.jpg
56KB, 700x833px
>>9013651
>I hope nobody goes through my computer, my external hard drives, my USB sticks or my phone
>>
>>9013059
ha ha ha!!!

Kekked
>>
File: Boltzmann2.jpg (52KB, 490x600px) Image search: [Google]
Boltzmann2.jpg
52KB, 490x600px
>>9013651
"God I hope Boltzmann was right"
>>
>>9014178
God loses twice in the Bible amd admits he can make mistakes when he speaks to Noah.

Just sing a prayer to Chemosh or the Gods of Egypt before you die if you're worried. The Bible acknowleges the Egyptian gods as real beings several times and Chemosh actually beat Yahweh once. The Gods of Egypt let you tale shit with you into the afterlife. Taking a toy nuke with you will (accourding to mythology) spawn a real nuke for you in the afterlife. Biblical heaven is a shitty 3rd world country about a 1/3 the size of the United States. Conquer the fuck out of it. Take an iron chariot with you and troll God.
>>
>>9031209
God is a jerk(not to say an irresponsible and incompetent asshole) in the Bible (mainly in ot)
>>
>>9013651
id probably say something cheesy, like "See you space cowboy" then immediately call myself an autist. and that will be my last thought
>>
Believers could have some surprises in afterlife
>>
File: Cuet7eoWEAAXvyI.jpg large.jpg (197KB, 1536x992px) Image search: [Google]
Cuet7eoWEAAXvyI.jpg large.jpg
197KB, 1536x992px
>>
>>9031806
t. le enlightened Satanist
*tips devil horns*
>>
>>9013059
x40 kek
>>
>>9013121
That's a philosophy meme you dope
>>
Why does this stupid thread about death get more replies than my thread about quantum mechanics?

I want /x/ to leave
>>
>>9031190
This
>>
>>9013051
Eternal recurrence.
>>
>>9015057
>clean
This is how I often comfort myself with death.
Being alive and human is gross as shit.
>>
>>9013059
wild kek appears.
>>
>>9014178
I'd find a succubus to bang desu
>>
>>9013256
What if I just shoot myself in the head? What album would I get then?
>>
>>9013739
I think we all know we've made this meatgrinder worse. Sorry for this post.
>>
>>9024713
This guy dies.
>>
>>9028572
How do you feel now?
Are you a changed man?
>>
>>9028553
It's beyond you control, anon.
>>
>>9017093
OP caught it in its most natural state. In communion with Satan.
>>
>>9016509
I frequently have the thought that all of existence is within my mind--not only my perception of reality, but reality itself--and the only reason I don't know have access to the full knowledge and awareness of reality and its inhabitants is because I'm too busy running the server, so to speak.

I'm tired.
>>
>>9031190
>>9031845
What exactly about Boltzmann?
>>
>>9013051
Basically you hit a wall. Infinite time and infinite probability wake you up somewhere while also not waking you up. You could end up in the body of a toaster being worshiped by a race of primates unable to do anything as they shove feces inside of you as a sacrifice.
>>
File: that's my fetish.gif (1MB, 320x174px) Image search: [Google]
that's my fetish.gif
1MB, 320x174px
>>9033049
>You could end up in the body of a toaster being worshiped by a race of primates unable to do anything as they shove feces inside of you as a sacrifice.
>>
>>9033055
First time posting on /sci/ wasn't sure if I would like it or not. Turns out this place is fucking lit.
>>
>>9013051
You lose the ability to predict and plan
You lose the ability to think and communicate
You lose the ability to feel emotions
You lose the ability to breathe
You're now dead
>>
>>9013651
>so this is how it feels
Same thing I thought about during my first kiss, first boob, and first vagaroo
>>
>>9018220
Steve Jobs final words
>"god has abandoned us"
>>
>>9031830
Just because more people have something to say about death than about quamtum physics. moreover everyone is on par in term of knowledge there.
>>
>>9033000
Gun ball shockwave would render brain inoperative before pain have the time to go through nerves, brain having no pain receptors. So with a powerful enough gun aimed at the right place you won't have time to think about that. no more mind in dying body
>>
>>9031830
To mix both domains, how long you'd stay in Schrodinger's cat state?
>>
>>9016494
PARTY ROCK IS IN THE HOUSE
>>
>>9033718
Jeez, don't mind telling me where that is, exactly...
>>
>>9034271
Not him but through the mouth upwards into the brainstem is the most reliable
>>
>>9013651
>fuckin healers suck on this server
>>
>>9013051
Hopefully we're in a simulation, and everyone that dies gets to enjoy millions of years of peace in some simulated paradise before we're shut down
>>
>>9033029
His fucking brains.
>>
>>9013051
The thought of someday dying and as im dying the world just goes on feels like the last episode of a season but i never get to see the next season, its scary.
>>
>>9034271
>>9035055
Just aimed so that brainstem is destroyed by the bullet or it's wake shockwave, that would prevent pain signal to get anywhere, letting nothing to process it. Once you get there you are either in the extracorporeal state witnessed by people experiencing NDE or you don't exist anymore at all. After some point nobody came back to tell anyway and it can likely be anything
>>
File: thatguy.jpg (95KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
thatguy.jpg
95KB, 690x690px
>>9013310
>people are born into this world
wrong

reform your first sentence and the rest of what you wrote is now meaningless pussy-ass nihilism
>>
>Lets do an experiment !
>Kill Yourself
>>
>>9036045
>>Lets do an experiment !
>>Kill Yourself
There's a big problem with that, since nobody is coming back w lack the result of these type of experiments. Some information would be great for everyone, if you could find a way to get somev reliable info back it would be perfect. Until that you certainly have better to do for now.
>>
Actually, it's quite easy. The feeling of absolutely fucking nothing. When you die, you are too dead to register any information with your senses. Heck, you wouldn't even be able to process said information, because you're so fucking dead. It's like, being fucking dead. Just, not feeling anything because you're dead as a fucking corpse. The feeling of death is the feeling of absolutely nothing, as you can't feel or process anything as you're fucking dead.
Think about it. YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD, YOU FEEL NOTHING.

Thank you all for reading this, I'm now going back to shitposting.
>>
>>9020169
Kek
>>
>>9014178
Hell isn't really that scary when you really think about it. I mean if it really lasts for all eternity, then eventually you're going to just get used to it. There are only so many things they could even do to you, and over that long of a time span they would inevitably have to run out of ideas sooner or later. It also doesn't really make sense why satan would take out his hatred for god on me, considering I didn't do shit to the guy. I mean maybe it's because it would make god sad to see his people suffer, but it couldn't really bother him that much since he doesn't do shit about it. I swear, the bible has more plot holes than back to the future.
>>
>>9033000
Pin Ups (1973)
>>
>>9013651
here comes reality
>>
>>9013651
I think at the moment of death we will question if we literally ever lived. Like if you think about the past, or for a split second when you wake up in bed, you have that strange feeling of what has and has not taken place. Once you reach the very end, it's all behind you and will probably seem all disconnected and irrelevant to where you feel like you're going. So you will naturally let go and live a tiny split second long egoless life. And that will be the one you believe in
>>
>>9013051
you turn "off"

that "off/on" state being the electrical impulse that compose your conciousness.

If your brain didn't start to rot as soon as you died, you could easily be turned "on" come back to life, but according to medical science, you never truly died.

And if you were to reassemble your brain atom for atom, you'd suddenly turn "on"

so ask someone who nearly drowned, had a heart attack, was clinically dead for 10 or so minutes and they will tell you they have no memory of it. Because quite literally, your conciousness turned off.

Philosophy died with post.modernism.
>>
>>9037444
This is the only thing that gives me comfort.

>tfw at some point, the universe will configure itself in a way where all of my atoms arrange once again into my brain structure and I turn "on".
>>
death is like sitting on >>>/h/
>>
>>9013651
I regret it all
>>
>>9014181
looks like someone has experienced "the trip"
>>
>>9018618
I understand what you're talking about, it happened the first time I took LSD
>>
>>9019786
>consciousness is located in the brain
This is not a fact but a believe
>>
>>9013051
like /b but irl
>>
>>9038994
(You)
>>
>>9039047
Is it not? I know it feels self evident for you because it is common to believe that conciousness is created by the brain. But that is an assumption that is not proven.
>>
>>9013074
I've always wondered where that deformed Marge pic comes from
>>
>>9037399
This is fucking beautiful

I love this thread
>>
>>9039079
All things exist as a degree of belief.

And there is much more evidence for consciousness being manufactured in the brain than...whatever you suppose the alternative is. In fact, I would go so far as to say there is no evidence that consciousness is generated anywhere but inside the brain.

There, now just take your (You) and leave me the heck alone.
>>
>>9013651
Probably shit my pants and cry for my mom
>>
>>9016509
that's solipsism man
it's quite a normal thought
>>
>>9039204
Don't make me laught you fool. How arrogant of you to admit that everthing is essentialy a believe and yet you proceed to present so called evidence that consciousness is made in the brain. I pity the fools like you that are so close minded they even don't realize their own ignorance in such matter. Your fate in science is no different to me as such of a person's fait in religion. I do hope at least at you bring of death you will realiz how wrong your assumptions were. Now be gone.
>>
An interesting article somewhat related
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-the-ldquo-you-rdquo-in-an-afterlife-wouldnt-really-be-you/
It talks mainly about technological style afterlife but could give some insights
TLDR: keep the original intact, copy is different
>>
>>9039204
In biocentrism it's hypothesized that your brain is more like a receiver than a processor
>>
>>9040447
Wouldn't it contradict hypothesis used in recent breakthroughs in artificial neural networks, it's rather low level processes but means that neurons can do a great job by themselves. Even if there is a transducer type process somewhere it would be hard to figure out with such possible capabilities.
>>
>>9040487
Receiver implies the processing was done somewhere else. Not that it's incapable of getting something done.
>>
File: 1487096027394.jpg (320KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487096027394.jpg
320KB, 1080x1080px
>>9040447
But what evidence inspires the hypothesis? I can't think of anything that would more likely imply consciousness travels to the brain rather than is generated there.

It just seems like one of those late-night "what if?"'s that teases the mind with the semi-plausible fantastic in spite of the apparent and expected. That border of fact and faith the human thinking process is so fond of.
>>
>>9013651
I love my waifu.
>>
>>9041934
If it had testable, supporting evidence it wouldn't just be a hypothesis.

https://biocentrismnews.com/biocentrism-what-happens-when-you-die/

However, there's more reasoning to it than say astrology signs and their social impacts on complex organisms by birthdates
>>
>>9033336
dude I can't wait to lose my life virginity
>>
Besides maybe showing up once in awhile as a Boltzmann Brain long after the heat death and then dieing in the cold vacuum of space. Pretty much the same shit as before you were alive.
>>
>>9013651
"Huh, I thought that would work..."
>>
>>9014178
>I'm an atheist myself, but if Christians turned out to be right, I would be absurdly pissed.

...and that would just RUIN Hell for you, I bet!
>>
>>9041856
If the receiver can make the signal by itself how can you know it's receiving something?
>>9041957
But you could at least have some tracks some implied hypothesis that could lead to experiments able to check whenever you're on the right way with this idea.
It doesn't matter how strange or far fetched it is when you can someway test it.
>>
>>9013651
hoping that hell won't be real and passing on like an endless sleep
>>
>>9013051
deathy
>>
>>9037455
More then likely that has already happened, as the universe is the smallest perpetual machine that can ever exist. We are just part of that reaction, living out our lives in a form of eternal return, but with no memories, just remnants of 'deja vu' or what have you.
>>
>>9013310
>None of the things you want ever come true.

Feels so good to be masterrace, i mean like really

from age 14-18 i had sex with around 20 girls of the same age i was then...

this was unmistakably good enjoyable and nice

like sure, my life isnt perfect but those moments were of pure perfection and happines...

and it also makesa lot of scientific sense: having sex with breedable girls should be what makes us happy

but no, losers who lost the game always want to sell to everyone that "no one is really happy" or that "happynes is impossible".

Have you ever stopped to consider that happyness is a couple of very well established things that are hard to get so that some people have them and some do not.

Of course not, because that would imply admiting youre an loser
>>
>>9029585
>life again over and over for all eternity. Make it count.
that makes no sense, if im reliving the same life forever how do i know this is the first time?

probably everything ive done is prestablished
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.