[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

continuing self study Math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So i graduated recently and i wonder how to proceed with self-studying math. In school we studied:

- Indicative logarithmic function;
- statistics;
- progressions
- limits of functions
- trigonometry (functions, equations, inequalities, applications) ;
- stereometry
- rotating bodies
- derivatives (1st, 2nd and applications)

I don't really know which from which part of the Math is, but i really want to continue studying math, because i love it. Can you give me some advise about how should I proceed and what should i catch on?
>>
You're studying pretty much Calculus. Next up is Integration. I recommend Simmons book with 18.01 lectures from MIT ocw.
>>
>>9011240
I recommend apostol calculus vol 1 and vol 2
>>
How do i stop being tired i dont wanna sleep i have to do more math problems pls help i hate this feeling
>>
if you wanna learn math, you gotta start from the beginning:
>A course in Arithmetic, Serre
>>
>>9011254
>>9011255
>>9011261
Don't listen to these brainlets. They're only trying to get you to learn from an exceedingly difficult book. Apostol should only be done by a beginner if you live and breathe math and with supplementary materia like a book on proofs.

>>9011250
This is the only person who has given real advice. I would personally recommend Calculus: A Modern Approach by Jeff Knisley, who I think is more thorough than Stewart or Simmons (at least when it comes to Single Variable calculus and even a brief intro to Fourier series). His PDF is also free online, and if you want to learn the computational language Maple too, you're in luck.
>>
Well thanks. This was very helpful. I will continue with calculus.

Also, do you have any idea how long(approximately) will it take me to finish it, given that i can spare like 3 to 5 hours a day?
>>
>>9011726
Several weeks for sure, depending on how thorough you are and how quickly you pick it up. You can probably master it in 3 months if you're that dedicated for sure, worst case scenario.
>>
Ok thanks. I'm getting on it.
>>
>>9011240
just read articles on arxiv.org
>>
>>9011240 (OP)
>Step 1
Go to any university website, or MIT Open Courseware.

>Step 2
Look up math undergrad program. Follow the program requirements for direction. https://math.mit.edu/academics/undergrad/major/course18/pure.php

>Step 3
Google course homepage and read syllabus, get the text from libgen.io or buy it, get the course notes if they are available.

If course page offers no recorded lectures, look on youtube for people who have put up free lectures
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoHhuummRZaIVX7bD4t2czg
https://www.youtube.com/user/UCIrvineOCW/search?query=math
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAt_kDnewRM&list=PLLq_gUfXAnknLXjNSnKKLT4LI1AfTy9PS [Embed]

>Step 4
If the course page has old exams absolutely do them, because you only learn through doing. If you get stuck go to math.stackexchange (math overflow is for grad level mathematicians)

You should probably just go take math P/T at university though, might as well get credit for it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.