[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of the university of Svalbard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: polar-bear-svalbard.jpg (29KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
polar-bear-svalbard.jpg
29KB, 500x335px
What does /sci/ think of the university of Svalbard?
>>
>>9009717
I'm not particularly interested in the programs, but I'd go there just to live on Svalbard.
>>
>>9009720
Its pretty nice. Can recommend it
>>
>>9009717
It leaves me cold.
>>
File: icee2.jpg (41KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
icee2.jpg
41KB, 400x489px
>>9009805
>>
>>9009717
Don't listen to this guy >>9009805, Svalbard is pretty cool
>>
>>9009717
Looks like a comfy place if there are available cuties to avoid getting bored.
>>
>>9009874
>if there are available cuties
There was at least one there once:
https://youtu.be/DpnImCSNzVY?t=693
>>
Go to Trondheim, you might get an actual degree.
>>
File: 76994.jpg (868KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
76994.jpg
868KB, 2048x1365px
>>9009717
Do you wanna work in the Doomsday Svalbard's Seed Vault?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault
>vault to preserve a wide variety of plant seeds that are duplicate samples, or "spare" copies, of seeds held in gene banks worldwide.
>The seed vault is an attempt to insure against the loss of seeds in other genebanks during large-scale regional or global crises.

It might be Pretty Comfy Bunker for a Global Nuclear War Scenario.
>>
>>9011106
Ironically, its being refurbished due to water leaking in. Something related to the ground loosing its permafrost, increased temperatures and rainfall. The chinese conspiracy truly has no limits
>>
>>9011152
>The chinese conspiracy truly has no limits
It is getting out of hand indeed. I found their base of operation on Svalbard though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_River_Station_(Arctic)
I think if we get this to close down we can save the seed vault
>>
File: 1428286733368.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1428286733368.png
463KB, 1070x601px
University of Florence?
>>
File: Yellow_River_station_3.jpg (1MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow_River_station_3.jpg
1MB, 2736x3648px
>>9011163
It looks like a chinese restaurant lol
>>
File: 1.png (125KB, 809x423px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
125KB, 809x423px
>>9009717

I own a book written by one of their professors.
>Rock Fracture and Blasting: Theory and Application

It is a pretty good book for its field.
>>
It's not American so it's shit
>>
>>9009820
Man that was great
>>
>>9009717
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Centre_in_Svalbard

As a southern boy it seems like a hellhole. The article implies that snowmobiles are used for classes, this implies that the ground is covered with solid state water for a significant portion of the year. This implies very cold. It is very far north, which means that winter must be hell.

>>Polar bears are abundant in the area and are a threat to human life. As a result, local citizens often carry rifles, and every UNIS student and member of staff spend their first day learning how to use a rifle to defend themselves against bears
Ok now that's pretty fucking cool
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.