[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do dreams feel so real? I had sex in my dream last night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Why do dreams feel so real?

I had sex in my dream last night and the experience was EXACTLY the same as real life sex in every respect. Really freaks me out.
>>
there's a surjective homomorphism from real experiences to thoughts when we sleep.
>>
because what we call reality is a hallucination.
>>
File: xvklyqh.png (373KB, 975x971px) Image search: [Google]
xvklyqh.png
373KB, 975x971px
>>9008433
FUG :D
>>
>>9008428
freaks me out too

i've taken a piss in a dream before then woke up mortified that i pissed the bed

fortunately, i hadn't, but it really did feel real
>>
>>9008428
I've also felt things before in my dreams.
I thought that wasn't possible?
>>
>>9008428
What bothers me is not that they feel real, is that I get to experience things in dreams before experiencing them in real life, and they feel just the same.
I dreamed about kissing and about sex before doing it in real life, so technically I shouldn't have known what it feels like, but it was just like in my dreams.

The other day I had a dream that "taught" me another feeling, which I'm absolutely sure would be just like in the dream if I ever get to experience it.

This has led me to believe that either the brain is stunningly good at simulating things, or that some of the strongest feelings like sex, food, pain, etc. are hardwired somehow into the brain, like code snippets that the brain runs at will.
>>
>>9008473
THIS
>>
>>9008473
All feelings are hardwired, and they are normally triggered by the right sensory inputs.
>>
How do I have a sex dream? I had one in high school and it was amazing but I had few shitty ones after.
>>
>>9008459
>mortified that i pissed the bed
>fortunately, i hadn't
That isn't what mortified means.
>>
>>9008767
Yes it does. Are you retarded? He absolutely could have felt "mortified" upon waking up thinking he pissed himself, before realizing he didn't.
>>
holy shit op, I also experience sex in my dreams EXACTLY as I do in real life.
>mfw I don't have sex in my dreams ever
>>
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11KB, 645x773px
>>9008790
>>
One time I had this dream where I was driving a big truck, took a narrow curve and felt all the cetripetal acceleration and everything. My best guess is I had a heart attack
>>
>>9008790
:(
>>
>>9008767
Go eat some batteries you mongoloid
>>
>>9008428
You posted this exact thread in your dream last night. I wonder which version is the real thread.
>>
>>9008473
So if I have a sex dream, does that mean I'm not a virgin anymore?
>>
>your brain creates your subjective reality
>your brain shows a similar activity to when you're awake while you're in rem sleep
>'why does it feel real'

it's all a dream, baka
>>
File: dorito_2.gif (921KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dorito_2.gif
921KB, 800x800px
>>9009148
>>your brain creates your subjective reality
>falling for the materialism meme
>>
>>9009217
idealism is retarded but the same principle still applies
>>
>>9008459
lucky you, ive had that dream and DID piss the bed, at 24. was my fault for not pissing before going to bed though
>>
>>9008473
or you are <italics>determining</italics> what the experience will be like with your preconceptions about it
>>
>>9008473
/scix/

My conjecture is that memories can be encoded into your DNA (what we currently call the "junk DNA") and passed down. Like an "epigenetic memory".

So you were actually reliving banging your own mom or something.
>>
>>9008428
>Look at gory pictures
>Have dream where I get a blowjob from a decapitated head and I fuck a corpse that'd been sawed in half.

Last night I dreamed about a orgy on the beach where the semen was white like paint and stuck to you hard and there was a semi-sentient two legged cat.

Funny as hell, it felt real.
>>
>>9009310
Yes that too. Really goes to show how primitive neuroscience actually is.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.