[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw all abstract higher order undergrad math textbooks lack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1498273656885.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1498273656885.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>tfw all abstract higher order undergrad math textbooks lack solutions to their exercises
what am I missing here?
How am I supposed to Learn Topology, Analysis, Set Theory, etc at home?
>>
You're not. That's the trick. Mathematics is nothing more than an ivory tower discipline, locked behind closed doors. Everyone who has attempted to learn math on their own has failed.
>>
Huh? Do you also need someone to wipe your bum after you take a shit? These aren't yes/no flip-a-coin questions, you're supposed to reason them out completely so that you can check your own work. If you have a full proof, your solution is correct. If your solution is not correct, you need to stop cutting corners with your proofs. Hell, most textbooks at higher levels don't even have exercises.
>>
>>9007238
>>9007246
>t. brainlets
>>
>>9007263
Of course, if you really are just a total brainlet, then although it's probably a waste of time for you to try to learn math at home, you could also just use a textbook that does have solutions. There are such textbooks for just about every basic field at the undergraduate level.
>>
>>9007263
>when you think your solution is correct but it isn't
>>
>>9007324
That can only happen if you deliberately deceive yourself. At this stage, you should be writing out every single tiny dumb detail of a proof. Only once you understand all of this can you let yourself be more loose.
>>
>>9007339
>being needlessly mental and tedious for muh egotistical maths
>>
>>9007324
>>9007346
Could you stop speaking in meme arrows and respond like someone who doesn't spend all day on /b/ and 9gag?
>>
>>9007348
being needlessly mental and tedious for muh egotistical maths
>>
Learn how to get solutions manual which are not available publicly (yes, including libgen) ;)
>>
>>9007238
When you get a solution right you just know it.
>>
>>9007263
Sometimes the problem can be worded really bad. Well, that's actually most of the cases. It's even worse with physics textbooks. They ask shit like using "linearity" do x even though you have to do much more shit than using a trivial property. Not even my professors sometimes understand what the fuck the book want.
>>
>>9007263
I want to make sure im right dummy, most these books dont have "prove x" they ask an ambiguous question
>>
>>9007385
That's when you move on and do a different problem. Don't waste your time with purposefully vague bullshit.
>>
>>9007263
it's funny because this is most likely some hypocrite who took an analysis class and now thinks ''DUHHH I COULD'VE DONE THIS ALONE, MATTER FACT EVERY ONE SHIOULD''.
>>
File: topology.png (1MB, 1118x759px) Image search: [Google]
topology.png
1MB, 1118x759px
>>9007434
>just skip to the next exercise bro!
>>
>>9007473
>Prove that
>Prove that
>Prove that
>Prove that
>Prove that

Fuck. Textbook exercises are so fucking boring.
>>
>>9007477
thats literally all higher order math

cant imagine the hell math Ph.d's go through
>>
>>9007238
>Learn Topology, Analysis, Set Theory, etc at home
...which is how everybody else learned it.
Welcome to the club, Junior.
>>
>>9007238
If you're not trying to learn IUT or shit like that you can easily find answers to most of textbooks
>>
>>9007238
>what am I missing here?
talent, discipline, dedication, etcetera
>>
I have constant visions of finishing up my PhD in maths only to get murdered in my sleep by Jews for daring to encroach on their sacred subject as a goy.
>>
>>9007339
But that's incredibly and needlessly time consuming.
>>
>>9009066
Don't bother trying to understand the habits of autists.
>>
>>9007238
>wanting to become a pure meth addict
>>
>>9007238
>when people protect their trade by putting "walls"
I love this part of human nature.
Its all iteration,repetition,looking at other solutions and examples until you can stand on your own and yet we chose to cripple people in the same field.
>>
>>9007339
>At this stage, you should be writing out every single tiny dumb detail of a proof.
What about when you don't realize you haven't covered all the details?
>>
>>9009897
He can't answer that because he has never tried to learn mathematics on his own.
>>
>>9007263

>there are unique proofs for problems

fag
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.