[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Physics just an obnoxious version of Philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 010521.png (338KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
010521.png
338KB, 900x603px
Is Physics just an obnoxious version of Philosophy?
>>
physics is dumbed-down math
>>
>>9005913
This. Instead of elegant and logical proofs, they do experiments and observation, just like applied mathematicians creating their algorithms.
>>
>>9005908

Physics is empirical, you can have empirical philosophy but in practice philosophers reject empiricism because disproves all their idiot ideas and makes them sad.
>>
>>9005924
>wow im so logical about the behavior of elements I just made up , who could had guessed they will do exactly what I defined them to do :^)

The only way to know about reality is with experimentation, the theorical part of physics is just a nice way to organize past experiments and the knowledge inside them.
>>
>>9005924
We do both actually. That's why we are the master race.
>>
>>9005908
Physics is empirical metaphysics. case closed.
>>
What the fuck are you all even saying?

Jesus fucking christ. The current state of sci is abysmal.
>>
>>9005941
>philosophers reject empiricism

What about the empirical schools of philosophy? Positivism, pragmatism, phenomenalism?

What do you know about philosophy?
>>
>>9006129
>physics is metaphysics

Holly shit anon you were born this way or you got the stupid afterwards?
>>
>>9006165
I think he meant that you can describe physics as a form of empirical metaphysics. Philosophers have this tendencies to mark their territory in a really shitty way.
>>
yes, natural philosophy
>>
>>9006179
Well no. Empirical metaphysics deals with the subject of... wait for it... metaphysics (literally meaning beyond physics), not physics.

Physics has always been a part of philosophy tho and it may be sometimes interwined (in sloppy authors) with metaphysics.
>>
>>9006190
Lol, I was trying to defend you, but you are just ignorant about the subject. Read a bit more moron.
>>
ITT: retards that think you can understand the basic Physical Laws without using complex abstract mathematics.

Americans, amirite? Y'all need to stop watching that Michio Kaku shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.