[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Physics and Astrophysics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Space boi.jpg (55KB, 729x359px) Image search: [Google]
Space boi.jpg
55KB, 729x359px
Whats up /sci/ how are all of you today?
This is my first time on this side of 4chan so I do apologize if my post is out of place.

I wanted to ask some of you if you would have some idea where I could start to learn about physics and astrophysics.
Recently became interested in it and thought it might help fill out my days.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys.
>>
>>9004917
Just follow standard university physics curriculum
>>
>>9004926
But is there any specific books I could start with and where should I start with math?
>>
bump me up inside
>>
>>9004935
Well Mit OpenCourseware is a start, but can be a bit difficult to navigate at times, and is also incomplete in certain areas as you won't really find a complete course with everything you need occasionally however they provide some useful college textbook recommendations that can be easily found on Amazon. Also you should be aware of the preliminaries surrounding astrophysics and physics being atleast a fundemental knowledge of multifvariable and single variable calculus and of course the rudimentary high school education.
>>
I heard Halliday is a good place to start for intro physics if you know precalculus and intro calculus.
>>
>>9004940
>>9004949
Thats perfect thank you guys! Currently starting into higher level maths so should be fun to move towards physics soon and there after!
>>
University Physics with Modern Physics - Young and Freedman

Elementary Calculus - Keisler

Matrices and Linear Algebra- Schneider Barker

Start with those
>>
>>9005042
don't be a nigger with these for-profit mass produced textbooks

Halliday for Intro Physics

Knisley for Intro Calculus

David Lay for Linear Algebra

enjoy being STEM master race
>>
File: 10ARr36.jpg (105KB, 499x688px) Image search: [Google]
10ARr36.jpg
105KB, 499x688px
>>9004917
Hopefully OP is still lurking

I found this to be useful for undergrad physics:
https://www.susanjfowler.com/blog/2016/8/13/so-you-want-to-learn-physics
>>
>>9005277
>taking STEM advice from a grill
don't do this
>>
>>9005277
>>9005287
okay I'm done memeing misogyny, definitely recommending not to do this, she straight up recommends Larson for mathematics and Young for physics, you're going to be a lobotomized brainlet by the time you're done with this
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.