[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the best science field to major in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: le science.jpg (1MB, 2240x2375px) Image search: [Google]
le science.jpg
1MB, 2240x2375px
in terms of payment and interest which one is probably the best
>>
Software development. You can easily get a job where your starting salary is in excess of $100k/year if you don't have the intellectual capacity of a boiled potato.
>>
>>9004840
ECE = Electrical & Computer Engineering

+ optional Minor (or Double Major) in Math or Physics
>>
>>9004840 >>9004840
Double Major in ECE + ChemE may be theoretically possible.

I wonder if it can be done or not.

then also double minor in Math & Physics

It seems very suicidal.
>>
>>9004847
if i were to do that i would die 7 times
>>
File: harvard mit.png (165KB, 1465x575px) Image search: [Google]
harvard mit.png
165KB, 1465x575px
>>9004840
There is a Physicist called Alexander Wissner-Gross which Triple majored in Physics, Electrical engineering and Mathematics at MIT then got a Ph.D in physics from Harvard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Wissner-Gross

>>9004853 >>9004852
>>
>>9004863
holy fucking brainlet
>>
>>9004840
if you wanna know accurate average pay & career outlook for each STEM field check out:

USA Bureau of Labor Statistics
www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nat.htm
www.bls.gov/ooh/

Payscale
www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/majors-that-pay-you-back/bachelors
www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/majors-that-pay-you-back/phd
>>
>>9004866
i wanna aim for a masters in biochem or a bs in micro biology is that good enough of a pay for day to day life?
>>
finance babay
>>
>>9004843
But SE is pretty far from science, even from CS
>>
My NC is 1,4 (with 1 being the best and 6 the worst) and I wonder which field of STEM I want to get into. I think I'll try to get into medicine but what other good options are there that include biology?
What kind of jobs can one have with a major in biology? Are they paying well?
>>
>>9004898
so far none that i know of
>>
>>9005063
What do you think is the most interesting subject in stem with good job oppertunities?
>>
>>9005088
well depends what you want to be and what you are personally interested in, for example i love chemistry so i just stuck to it, problem is ist's hard to find jobs with that as far as i know, but there are some other subject that are also quite interesting.
Such as biochemistry or biochemical engineering,that is atleast personally to me cuz i love slaving in a lab and doing experiments however Stem does give you quite a few job options, so yeah stick to what you find cool.
>>
>>9005102
Alright, thanks
>>
>>9004846
>engineering
>science
>>
>>9004840
psychology
>>
>>9004846
He's right

t. Physics major
>>
>>9004872
I have a BS in microbiology/biochemistry. You are not looking at breaking 40k/50k easily, this degree is mostly useless except for lab work. You have to go for PhD or at least masters for a biochem/biology degree to do anything nowadays
>>
>>9005236
i also wanna major in biochem but i'm not sure if it's a good idea as i've researched nowadays,so in your own opinion is it all worth it?
>>
>>9005249
For me, yes. Lab work is very conducive to my personality, i enjoy learning/studying, especially chemistry/biochemistry. All ill say is if you are not actually interested in the subject matter, you wont succeed, you have to have that interest drive.
If i was in debt, or needed to go into debt to be where i am right now, i dont think i would suggest doing it. My stipend is garbage and i wont be making more than 30k a year until im done with the PhD (5 years). But im not in it for money, but again if you needed money due to debt, i would go into something more industry based, like chem E.
>>
>>9004846
I am planning to do this at the school I am transferring to in the fall. Even if I wanted to get a third bachelor's in physics it would only add another semester at best.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.