[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant about STEM elitism on internets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: nixonsback.png (393KB, 752x571px) Image search: [Google]
nixonsback.png
393KB, 752x571px
Why do people value Science/Technology/Engineering/Math over ANY Social Sciences?

I know you 4chan people just want some random links to random crap.

But as the Master Demographer... I am here to see how you react to my spamming and ranting.

Demographics is the best of all the sciences. We are the softest of hard, the hardest of soft.

Just because we didn't take AP Calculus with Regular Greg doesn't mean we aren't smarter than you and better in bed too.
>>
Because STEM drives technological progression, social sciences do not. Because science/ math is the crown achievement of human thought, and the social sciences are just trying to be like the sciences. At least I can respect art and humanitites because they are what they are, you social scientists just are just wanna be scientists... No fuck off
>>
>>9001636
The greatest social capital is being able to do things others can't. Sciences fall into this.
>>
File: pic thing.jpg (8KB, 70x100px) Image search: [Google]
pic thing.jpg
8KB, 70x100px
>>9001644
STEM douchebags think they're the best at everything.

And you're not all that. You're no me, for sure.
>>
File: dolcee.jpg (3KB, 200x63px) Image search: [Google]
dolcee.jpg
3KB, 200x63px
>>9001648
Wise words from a wise nopix.
>>
>>9001636
Nice spacing, reddit

And yes, social sciences get shat on too much. It's not that the fields i themselves are bad, its just that they attract a lot of brainlets which ruins their reputation. There need to be more intelligent people in the social sciences
>>
File: xkcd science.png (49KB, 740x312px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd science.png
49KB, 740x312px
>>9001687

https://xkcd.com/451/
>>
>We are the softest of hard, the hardest of soft.
meaningless

STEM is inherently more valuable than the social sciences. Our economies and entire ways of life depend on them. Because of that, the people contributing to the field have to produce real value. With the social sciences, only things of nominal value are produced due to the lower bar to entry in those fields. If I was starting a business, I would rather take a person with an engineering bachelors than a person with a doctorate in psychology. There have been many geniuses and nobel prize laureates in the field of social sciences, but over all - hard science makes the world go round.
>>
what do you even do? what have you ever invented or innovated?
>>
>>9001636
Math is always true regardless of Ideology.
1 + 1 = 2 is true regardless if it hurt your feelings or not

Humanities without math is just Ideological Bullshit, In Humanities the "Truth" is just a "Social Construct" that swings depending on current Ideology, personal beliefs or if the truth hurt your feelings or not.

Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering & Geology are heavily based on Math & more Independent from Ideologies

Finance & Mathematical Economics are the only fields valued in Humanities because they are based in a Solid Math Foundation.

Biology & Psychology are more contaminated with ideological Bullshit.

That's why there are some Biologists & Psychologist buying the Humanities discourse of "Millions of Genders"
>>
It's because every human revolution and achievement, every thing that propelled humanity forward was a mathematical, scientific or technological achievement. It's not even arguable, social sciences play around with surveys and feelings and such. Without the social sciences, the world would still turn. Without the hard sciences, humanity would collapse.
I don't feel superior as a human being, but you're delusional if you think social sciences are nearly as important.
>>
>>9001636

STEM programmes are centred on logical thought, pattern recognition (Essentially an IQ test) and practice (Dedicated time and work to your craft)

Yes, these traits are present in other programmes (Economcetrics, Medicine) but most other programmes do not require these traits.

Therefore it is fair to say that a STEM student, upon graduation with a decent GPA, has a high IQ and a strong work ethic.

A strong IQ and work ethic are directly correlated with income, job/power position, and self reported life satisfaction.

I think it is fair to say that the majority of STEM graduates will lead their non-STEM in peers in the above metrics.

Hence, we are superior.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.