[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when are we getting cybernetic implants?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 779865.jpg (96KB, 554x415px) Image search: [Google]
779865.jpg
96KB, 554x415px
So when are we getting cybernetic implants?
>>
NOW
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>9001483
Just came to /sci/ to post this exact thing

Are we already part of the neuralink?
>>
>>9001483
>wanting (((cybernetic implants)))
You know how easy it would be for Microsoft to take over your PC? Now apply that to your puny little brain when (((they))) offer you this shit. You've been warned
>>
File: 1497649031807.png (436KB, 2636x998px) Image search: [Google]
1497649031807.png
436KB, 2636x998px
>>9001483
>>
>>9001483
Likely never. Rejection will be a constant problem with no foreseeable, viable, solution. Even deep brain implants made of carbon nanofibers still show signs of triggering irritation, inflammation, and the typical glial clumping you'd get with copper or anything else. The body is very hard to trick into accepting, or ignoring, foreign objects. For peripheral amputation sites it would prefer a tangled mass of schwann cells and malconnected axons, than a clean, coherent, interface.

I think expansion of human consciousness, and the concept of our immediate "body" and "self", will likely be more indirect. Perhaps pulsed microwave field induced VGCC activation, or something computational that works via standard bodily interfaces (senses and motor output), would be how it happens. In fact, it's how it has already happened, and always as happened. I do not think it will get closer without micromachines, self guided evolution, or genetic engineering. Think of it this way as well, most people's brains are already capable of vast untapped potential they've yet to be put into an environment that gives the means to discover and develop it. Perhaps VR will serve this purpose.

More likely we'll create God and render ourselves obsolete as far as "progress" goes, or simply kill ourselves off. Probably the latter. I think we're already being purged.
>>
>>9001492
But they're shit and will be for the forseeable future
>>9002194
Nah, we've made some progress on implants that don't kill nerve cells. It will still take a while to do long term medical trials to see if it is safe
>>noninvasive stimulation
Oh fuck no. There is no way you can target individual neurons that way
>>
It's called an electric vibrator.
>>
>>9001483
My grandmother had one, probably longer than you've been alive. It was a pace maker.
>>
>>9002083
Thats pretty accurate
>>
>>9002083
me on the right
>>
We know more about nerves and transmitting signals to the brain, and in time we will have better models of how the brain processes information and stores it. We also are learning more about the diversity of cell functions and diversity of gut biome. Also we are getting better all the time with sensors, motors, actuators that resemble muscles, subtle hydraulic action, piezo electric sensors and contracting materials.

So what do we want? A way to program our brain? A way to hypercharge our hormones digestion and endocrine system? robot limbs? Consider that robot limbs would ideally be parallel, not one lopsided robot limb and the other side weak and scrawny, we function best with symmetry and balance. Do we want hybrid computer networks to boost our brains? Why not just get a really good custom phone app exocortex in the meantime?
>>
>>9001483
2023, September the 22nd
>>
>>9002083
>AI researcher
>a woman
>>
I know a guy who has a blood sugar RFID antennia thingy in his arm.
>>
>>9002927
February 3rd, 2024 7:21 AM
>>
>>9002929
How incredibly observant you are.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.