[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if you don't wear a spacesuit in space?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: inspace.jpg (216KB, 619x938px) Image search: [Google]
inspace.jpg
216KB, 619x938px
Time to settle this question once and for all. What happens to you if you go to deep space without a spacesuit? Personally. I think you'll be fine with just one of those fishbowl helmets and nothing else. Space is safe. There's nothing out there to hurt you.
>>
>>8998906
Fucking nog we already settled this last week

You get this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompression_sickness

Stop reposting shit threads. sage, and please other responses do the same thanks.
>>
>>8998906
you die
>>
>>8998906
Since there is no air pressure pushing your fluids/organs to stay inside of your body, your eyes/blood/everything else will get forcibly sucked out of your mouth/ears/eye sockets/anus etc.
>>
>>8998919
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompression_sickness
Wow. So you get a treatable condition.
>>
>>8998935
Airpressure is pathetically week. Actually it's 1 atmosphere of pressure exactly. You might be able to sense the difference between 1 atm of pressure, but you won't explode from it.
>>
You'd asphyxiate.
>>
>>8998950
What if you had a fishbowl helmet that provided a little bit of oxygen from a compressed tank.
>>
>>8998950
you would be dead long before you could asphyxiate
>>
>>8998906
Has nasa already thrown a cadaver into space?
>>
>>8998958
How would you die though? You wouldn't lose heat. The pressure difference isn't great enough to kill you. You might develop decompression sickness, but that's not deadly immediately.
>>
>>8998965
>>8998958
>>8998952
>>8998943
>>8998936
>>8998928
>>8998906
Here fagoids

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontrolled_decompression#Notable_decompression_accidents_and_incidents
>>
>>8998962
I volunteer.
>>
>>8998969
You better not die before me
>>
>>8998965

You'll live in the short term

You just need an apparatus to feed you oxygen
>>
if you had oxygen you'd survive fine for a little while

then the heat from the sun would start to build up in your body because there's literally nothing in space your body can use to disperse it. eventually you'd roast and die.
>>
I think it's time we admit that space is safe, and you can walk around outside on the moon and nothing bad would happen to you.
>>
that episode freaked me out as a kid
>>
>>8998906

All air gets sucked out of your lungs, the moist on your lips and eyes starts boiling and you'll lose consciousness within seconds.
But there is still air within your bloodstream to last a minute or so if they're quick they might be able to save you.

You will also get a nice sun tan and a nice dose of solar and cosmic radiation.
>>
Common sense: every species has a medium! Even amphibious creatures need both mediums or at least water. No creature can live outside its medium. Water bears hybernate in space and come back to life in the presence of oxygen. Without a proper medium they don't come back to life. Fish die without water. Mammals die without oxygen. Amphibians die without oxygen or water. Some organism die in hotter temps or higher pressure and vice versa. Can't escape natural boundaries!!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.