[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When the government doesn't learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

During the 1850s, opium addiction was a major problem in the United States. The “solution” was to provide opium addicts with a less potent and supposedly “non-addictive” substitute—morphine. Morphine addiction soon became a bigger problem than opium addiction.

As with opium, the morphine problem was solved by another “non-addictive” substitute—heroin, which proved to be even more addictive than morphine. With the heroin problem came yet another “non-addictive” substitute—the drug now known as methadone. First developed in 1937 by German scientists searching for a surgical painkiller, it was exported to the US and given the trade name “Dolophine” in 1947. Renamed methadone, the drug was soon being widely used as a treatment for heroin addiction. Unfortunately, it proved to be even more addictive than heroin.

By the late 1990s, the mortality rate of heroin addicts was estimated to be as high as twenty times greater than the rest of the population.
Source:
http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/heroin.html
>>
>implying we don't need population controls
based big government
>>
>>8998259
Just spike the H supplies with fentanyl and then boom no more heroin addicts
>>
>>8998259
>Unfortunately, it proved to be even more addictive than heroin.
I dont think you understand an opiate addicts mindset. They call it maintenance therapy for a reason. The addict will not stop, and can do harm to society or themselves if they cannot get the drug. So you replace the drug with something that is not as intoxicating and has less possibility for overdose.

There is no fix for opiate addiction other than the mindset of the user. If you cant help the person decide to stop for good then the only thing you can do is harm prevention.

As an ex opiate addict, i never wanted to do methadone or suboxone as replacement/taper because IMO to do a dose large enough to get rid of the worst withdrawal symptoms you have sort of reset your withdrawal timer.

I think methadone and suboxone are good for getting you to baseline during withdrawal if you absolutely need it, say you have court or work. But most people dont do that, most addicts use methadone till they get a bag, making methadone essentially low cost get-out-of-withdraw-free card.

Lastly opiates have been around forever and i dont really think the government is much to blame for the epidemic. There are a wide variety of social factors that lead to opiate abuse. It's not just lower class, it's all the classes.
>>
>>8998472
except the that happened and gubberment is countering it

Opiate antagonists are being carried by emergency workers in many areas due to the increase in overdoses (often occurring because of fent) and in some states is given to civilians for self/family/friends administration.
Comes in the form of nasal spray and can literally save a life in a few seconds.

What would >>8998259 suggest is done about the opiate problem?
>>
Am I seriously suppose to believe that the government is trying to do something about this problem when they have deliberately made the problem magnitudes worse through making all those substances illegal?
>>
>>8998532
>implying this isn't completely desirable
U r so stupid
>>
>>8998533
How is victims of addiction having less money and a chance of death, and criminals having more money, desirable?
>>
>>8998534
We can punish criminals and take their money. No one cares about addicts their demise should be rapidly available to them.
>>
>>8998534
>victims of addiction

What, are people commiting suicide now a victim of manslaughter aswell?
>>
>>8998532

>Am I seriously suppose to believe that the government is trying to do something about this problem

Now that it is unironically causing visible harm to the white population yes they are trying to do something.

The problem is they waited too damn long and grand standed with the bullshit "war on drugs". Can't say I'm really too sympathetic to this plight.

The worst part is since it's introduction to the general population through drug stores in the 1900's it's been a staple in the medical/ pharmacy community. So any cure or treatment to opiates is in the hands of them who we know for a fact will do everything to financially milk this problem.

Best thing the government can do is legalize it, track all it's users and tax the hell out of it. That way they have some semblance of control.
>>
>>8998532
How are legal heroin dispensaries in every corner store bodega supposed to be better?

The war on drugs is a complete sham, a milquetoast approach is taken because there's too many dollars to be made all around, look to Singapore or even the Phillipines for what a real drug war looks like.
>>
Just legalize it. People know what the drugs do. If they're dumb enough to try heroin, what can you do? They're determined to check out of life.
>>
>>8998592
Being cheaper means the drugs won't consume their entire life, and they also won't randomly die from a fent tainted supply.
>>
>>8998597
Now all those nice drug dealers are going to get jobs working at McDonald's right? No...they will tear the city apart brick by brick to get their money.

Drugs are where they are for a very specific reason.
>>
>>8998601
That's why alcohol is still illegal, right?
>>
>>8998605
Drugs are kept as a black market to pacify petty criminals and keep them at a manageable level and to keep them predictable. Along with all of the other industries that revolve around them (private prisons, criminal defense attorneys, cops earning over time) on an ancillary level.

Legalizing drugs would be absolutely disastrous for the ecosystem of the inner city and not the way most people think.
>>
>>8998259
When it was blacks addicted to crack the answer was to tell them to "just say no"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.