[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there less air the higher up you go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why is there less air the higher up you go?
>>
>>8995805
There isn't, ((((they)))) just don't want you to reach the greys and attain information that could potentially ruin the elites' monopoly on un-earthed knowledge. The liberals have been lying to you all this time. The republicans are the truth. The moon landing was fake. Buzz Aldrin is a coconut.
>>
>>8995805
The weight of the air above presses on the air below, making the air below more dense. Air is 14 PSI because if you took a column of air one square inch all the way up to space, it would weigh 14 pounds. If you're on a mountain, there's less air above you because you're closer to space.
>>
>>8995805
because the concavity of the earth holds the air like a bowl, and any air above the rim of the earth spills out
>>
The gravitational jew pulls it down
>>
>>8995846
How does air "press" on other air?
>>
>>8995805
>Why is there less air the higher up you go?

I think you mean "why is there less air per unit volume" the higher up you go?

In other words: why does the density of the air decrease as you go up?

The answer is because air has weight, so it puts downward force on the air below it. Obviously, the air near the bottom has the most weight pressing down on it from above, which causes its density to be higher. Air near the top has little weight pressing down on it from above, which causes its density to be lower.
>>
>>8995805
Because there is less gravity
>>
>>8995883
DYEL detected
>>
>>8995883
by having fucking mass
there is roughly 1,000kg of air pressing down on you at sea level
>>
>>8995953
>>8995947
Are the air particles pushing on each other constantly? I thought they aren't in contact.
>>
>>8996103
no, but as they are flying about they collide with each other. and since there is a literal gorillon of them, the grillon-or-so bumps seem just like something pressing down.
>>
>>8995805
It's kinda like the deeper you go into the ocean, the higher the pressure
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.