[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

computer science is NOT a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (283KB, 906x752px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
283KB, 906x752px
pic related
daily reminder

>CS
>any job i want 100k starting
>>
>>8994736
That's more like a 60k job. Also you're gonna have to have some ECE knowledge to get that job with your CS degree. They probably have CS positions though
>>
>>8994736
Install gentoo and fuck off back to /g/
>>
>>8994801
Its a job listing from rockwell automation. I looked up the salaries on indeed reported salariea and they are 75k-95k for electrical engineers... but this is just one of many examples a CS degree can be used in another field
>>
>>8994736
>6 math courses
>3 science course + 2 labs

Sorry, CS majors don't do that. Watered down courses in the cs department don't count.
>>
>>8994736
>Want to work with some of the most talented...
Fuck no. I want to work with myself alone. Fuck other people.

>Do you value relationships?
No. Don't give two shits.

>Innovation and integrity
Yeah, as long as it comes from me.

>Want to be a part of a company
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, I'd loooove to be some wagecuck for some Chad who was born a billionaire and just put 10 million into a souless company. Top kek.

OP, you are a cuck. The only way to live a fulfilling live in this disgusting capitalist world is to become a full time pure mathematician.
>>
>>8995692
Enjoy being a grantcuck
>>
>>8995704
>Enjoy being a grantcuck

Oh, I will. I can think about it like this: I just indulge in my hobby every day 24/7 but then every two weeks a couple thousands of dollars magically appear in my bank account.
>>
>>8994736
CS student here.
CS is a fucking joke. No physiscs, no chemistry, no analysis (only calc 1), no circuits, no signals, no sensors, ect...

Not that I'm complaining. It enables a brainlet like get a decent job.
>>
>be smart but lazy
>have dumb but hardworking machine that does whatever I tell it to do
>any job I want

I'm baffled by mathfags who haven't learned programming.
It's literally using your superior intellect to devolve yourself from doing tedious, mindless shit while getting paid handsomely to do so.
>>
>>8995713
If you cant give results people want you wont get funding for your own interests.
>>
>Melbourne, FL
The majority of your salary will go towards rebuilding your house when a hurricane full of alligators and pythons comes.
>>
>>8995715
What are you in now?
>>
>>8995715
>why isn't my cs program exactly the same as an EE program?
you're probably not a CS student.
>>
File: 1493520547117.jpg (97KB, 415x454px) Image search: [Google]
1493520547117.jpg
97KB, 415x454px
>>8995713
>being this ignorant
>>
>>8995715
>my CS course doesn't have chemistry

Really makes my brain do funky things.
>>
>studying EE
https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm

>0% growth in 10 years
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8996970
>ignorant?

About what? Tell me, what responsibilities does being a professor carry?

1) Research: Basically my hobby
2) Teaching: Teaching is really easy when you teach geniuses. I teach a group of math olympiad students and they get things pretty fast. And if in my classes I find non geniuses then no problem. Teach like everyone was a genius but also give references to books for the brainlets.
3) Grading: True but I already have this figured out. I can construct tests that are really easy to grade. What I will do is that in the first day of class I will hand each student a printed proof I wrote in the exact way I like them. (An essay with some computations between paragraphs) and tell them that every test will be just one problem of the same difficulty as the one they are reading. And that I expect them to answer in the way I am writing that proof.

Then there are three cases
Case 1: A perfect essay I can read through very easily.
Then it will be easy to read it quickly and give the student his A.

Case 2: The math is there but the writing is unintelligible garbage.
Easy, just jump to the math and skip his shit writing. Give the student his passing C without even wasting 2 minutes of my life.

Case 3: All of it is unintelligible gibberish
Read the first paragraph and first math part. See it is all shit and give the student his F

I have thought a lot about this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.