[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stories of Famous Scientists / Mathematicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: little fun.png (306KB, 796x624px) Image search: [Google]
little fun.png
306KB, 796x624px
Let's do something different today, /sci/. ITT we post funny or interesting news stories about scientists or mathematicians. I'll start:

I was doing some research and came across this by pure coincidence. Thought it was pretty funny.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/07/italian-mathematician-taken-off-flight-after-fellow-passenger-al/
>>
It was probably some scary shit like
1+2+3+4+.... '=' -1/12
He probably deserved it
>>
>>8990335

the thing about non-brainlets is when they day dream they think about numbers.
>>
One weekend these physics students at Cal Tech were taking a break from studying and go out cruising around Pasadena. They see this hippie van up ahead, with an amateur custom paint job. You know, like flowers or something. Except instead of any of the usual stuff, it's Feynman Diagrams. So at a red light they pull next to him and yell, "hey, dude, why you go Feynman diagrams on your van?!" And then the driver leans out and yells back, "because I'm Richard Feynman!"
>>
>>8990491
What, did he think that he owed the mathematician 1/12 dollars?
>>
>>8990335
Please stop reading this click bait. The headline is disconnected from the actual events unveiled in the last few paragraphs.
>>
File: shesright.png (23KB, 330x66px) Image search: [Google]
shesright.png
23KB, 330x66px
One day Shizuo Kakutani was teaching a class at Yale. He wrote down a lemma on the blackboard and announced that the proof was obvious. One student timidly raised his hand and said that it wasn’t obvious to him. Could Kakutani explain?

After several moments’ thought, Kakutani realized that he could not himself prove the lemma. He apologized, and said that he would report back at their next class meeting.

After class, Kakutani, went straight to his office. He labored for quite a time and found that he could not prove the pesky lemma. He skipped lunch and went to the library to track down the lemma. After much work, he finally found the original paper. The lemma was stated clearly and succinctly. For the proof, the author had written “Exercise for the reader”.

The author of this 1941 paper was Kakutani.
>>
PhD in theoretical physics, an immigrant from Ukraine became the most celebrated politician in modern history, delivering free quality healthcare, allowing gun carry, prohibiting the government agencies from spying on their citizens and introducing strict regulations on wall street, big oil, big pharma and jails as well as basically outlawing corporal lobbyism in America. He was the first POTUS to serve three terms and this PhD will have been me.
You now have the opportunity to tell me your concerns and desires.
>>
>>8991781
FDR served 3 terms you fucking mong
You'll never get a faculty position and you'll end up working a as engineer before you kill yourself
>>
>>8991788
Make it 4 then.
>>
>>8991781
I hate to be the one to break your heart, but immigrants actually can't even get on the ballot for president. It's not legal.
>>
>>8991724
>she
>unrelated grouping having distinct taste
>>
>Erik Christopher Zeeman tried for 7 years to prove that one cannot untie a knot on a 4-sphere. Then one day he decided to try to prove the opposite, and succeeded in a few hours.
>>
>>8991781
>aims to protect constitutional rights
>doesn't even understand constitutional limits on who can become president
Fucking hell you are retarded. I appreciate the thought but your life dreams are fucking idiotic.
>>
File: ohoho.png (555KB, 882x720px) Image search: [Google]
ohoho.png
555KB, 882x720px
>>8990335
>scrawling odd symbols on a notepad was enough to alarm the woman
>the woman
I fucking knew it.
>>
>>8991724
This story always elicits a hearty chuckle.
>>
>>8991781
Can't be POTUS unless born America u dip
>>
A liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist
“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”
At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.
“How old is this rock?”
The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”
“Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”
The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.
The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.
The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.
Semper Fi
>>
>>8992083
my main problem with this is "liberal muslim"
>>
>>8992083
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.