[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Closed Cell Polyurethane Foam Production - Toxicity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I walked into a warehouse that I later learned was a factory for polyurethane foam for solar panel shingles that go on roofs. Nothing was on or being produced or anything, the foam was just sitting there and the place smelled like shit. How dangerous it to be in a warehouse where closed cell polyurethane foam is produced? I was in the warehouse for a few minutes?
>>
You will die in seven days.
>>
>>8989058
is that level of cleavage age appropriate?
>>
>>8989178
Maybe, who knows.
>>8989106
fug. It was a pretty strong smell, really musty in the whole place, even the offices.
>>
>>8989058
For a few minutes it is fine. Just don't work there and don't use such products where you are in an enclosed space that is not properly ventilated (meaning you can't smell it).
>>
>>8989178
These days it is encouraged
>>
>>8989058
Without actually sampling it's hard to know what the exposure level is, but chances are you're fine. Smell alone isn't always a good indicator of overexposure, plenty of things have an odor threshold lower than their 'danger' threshold.
>>
From my research, problems from breathing shit like that in is from chronic exposure over years. I really doubt that this could do anything but who knows.
>>
>>8989760
Tdi and mdi are overexposure if you can smell them. If nothing was being sprayed, I can't imagine any scenario where walking around that for a few minutes will do something too you.
>>
>>8990876
No kidding.
>>
I'm sorry to say that you have cancer
>>
She has one of those faces that look perpetually sullen.
>>
>>8989058
>How dangerous it to be in a warehouse where closed cell polyurethane foam is produced? I was in the warehouse for a few minutes?
not dangerous and you'll be fine.

this shit has been studied pretty well on lab animals and humans. if you work in it 8 hours per day for a while, you can get occupational asthma , cancer, and other random problems even to the CNS, and that's obviously not good. years of exposure can lead to problems like that. walking around in a warehouse with this shit in it for a few minutes isn't doing anything to you. if it didn't even make you cough or get a headache, then it definitely was not enough to do anything to you.

not just talking to OP, but people that worry about stuff like this have to realize that they are probably ingesting and inhaling loads of random shit from the environment that they would not be okay with if they knew, loads of random volatile organic compounds and such that you ARE breathing in and really can't do anything about. if you live anywhere near any factory or highway etc... you are definitely breathing in toxic shit constantly, not to mention what's in the water you drink, what's on your hands when you use them to eat food etc.

This thread reminds me of the CT scan threads. like, we know this shit doesn't give you cancer as long as you don't get dozens of them otherwise cancer rates would be through the fucking roof from the millions of people getting them every year just in the USA alone, yet we had threads on it almost daily for a year debating the shit as if there was some legitimate possibility everyone else was wrong.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.