[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/ - are you guys into the science of strength training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1286.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1286.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hello /sci/ - are you guys into the science of strength training at all? It's really interesting stuff and the evidence suggests that it's one of the most beneficial activities an individual can do to promote longevity and combat the effects of aging. Will dump studies
>>
>>8982791
>Will dump studies
About what?
Just workout brainlet.
>>
Within reason of course. I find powerlifting in moderation and combined with running makes you much healthier. If you are too aggressive and don't mind your form, you will quickly find yourself injured. However, if you do compound exercises such as squat, bench, deadlift, power clean, pullups, overhead press, etc, you will find that you are much more resilient to aches and pains.
>>
File: 20170617_193830.jpg (695KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_193830.jpg
695KB, 2448x3264px
>>8982791
I've recently bought this ball, now I feel like playing everyday. Is voluntary cardio not better than V02max exercises like these for health? I still do strength training but I feel like cardio is what kicks my health up a notch
>>
FAP is #1
>>
If exercise is that good, how come most smart people aren't really fit, and most athletes can barely speak coherently?
>>
File: looten plunder.jpg (24KB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
looten plunder.jpg
24KB, 560x314px
>>8982791
>mfw my coworkers say shit like "there's no point in lifting past age 30" and "gaining muscle is mostly genetic"
>>
>>8982930
same reason why there are doctors who smoke
>>
File: 1497665480789.jpg (134KB, 960x834px) Image search: [Google]
1497665480789.jpg
134KB, 960x834px
>>8982909
>fap
It's not like you have no motivation because you fap, it's more like you have no motivation so you fap
>>
>>8982932
Are you retarded that you have to work with retarded people?
>>
>>8982932
I've always enjoyed the >changing fat into muscle meme. I almost thought it went extinct but then it was dropped on me again last week. Was happy as a clam.

Ontopic, yes free weight compound exercises are, and by a large margin, the best way to get into shape. Fuck a gym membership. Buy a squat rack, an actually decent olympic 220cm bar and one of those 140kg pack of weights instead. Do shit in the comfort of your own home. You'll be a lot more likely to get actually into it and more importantly keep at it.

Cardio is for pussies but if you want dem calves anywhere near fast you gotta start jogging.
>>
>>8982962
most of the people i work with have STEM degree's from good universities.
>>
>>8982968

>> Confirmed retarded
>>
>>8982971
You mean 'confirmed retard'?
>>
>>8983066

>>Diagnosed retarded
>>
>>8982965
>Cardio is for pussies
Get the fuck outta here, pussy.
>>
>>8982965
>>8983903
I agree. If you think cardio is for pussies, try running a 5k without pausing. See how that'll go.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.