[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got into Mensa How much of a meme is Mensa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1024px-Mensa_logo.svg.png (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Mensa_logo.svg.png
93KB, 1024x1024px
So I just got into Mensa

How much of a meme is Mensa?
>>
>>8982012
100% meme.
>>
Top meme

I'm also in Mensa, thought it would be some super 1337 club with secret buildings in every city but they got nothing other than a website, overpriced store and magazine that often doesn't get delivered
>>
Isn't Mensa discriminatory?
Racist and sexist, even?
>>
>>8982012
nah, looks great on a CV, I'd make sure to mention it if I were you
>>
>>8982068
They discriminate based on IQ, so in that case they are discriminatory
>>
My grandfather is in mensa so I must be too
>>
>>8982012
100% meme

Also autistic af
>>
>>8982012
I was in the bluegrass chapter for a few years until I let my annual dues slip. I always thought it would be a good way to network with people, but it isn't. Every now and then you get a newsletter with random events and gatherings which no one ever attends. Everyone is also on a high-horse because they got in, often talking down to people which is off putting.

If you have a free ~70 dollars a year to pay dues, go ahead and join otherwise its a bit of a waste imo.
>>
Assuming you took the supervised Mensa test, what was your score, OP?

Mine was 141 (143 on the culture fair portion).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-pAWbqdyuY
see for yourself
>>
>>8982173
Can you really shift the blame on everyone else, if you did never attend those gatherings. I live in a remote place so it never made sense for me to go, and I do agree that the few people I met within the organization, had a relatively large portion of people who was a bit full of them selves. But not all. I wish I had tried harder to find friends within the group, I know I could have found some good people. I originally took the test to prove to myself that I was below average, lo and behold I got in. I think it is a meme to talk about it. But there is no reason why you could not have a good experience within mensa.
>>
>>8982236
>Culture fair portion
Explain please
>>
>>8982744
The cultural portion is probably the linguistic (ie. define a word) or general knowledge sections you can find in the WAIS-IV or other general IQ tests.
>>
>>8982744
I think they are referring to a test that has normal questions that test common knowledge. The new test I took was all logic puzzles. But I remember taking a different kind of intelligence test in the mid nineties (not mensa related) that had plenty of questions gauging the extent of a persons knowledge base. Best to my knowledge mensa has used a similar test at some point. These tests are culturally biased, since familiarity with facts is needed, and also a good vocabulary. They are however not completely useless in detecting intelligence, but pure logic tests are imho more accurate.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.