[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people consider this man the father of psychology? He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download (8).jpg (5KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
5KB, 189x266px
Why do people consider this man the father of psychology? He wasn't even a scientist, he was a philosophers and most of the things he said turned out to be completely wrong.
>>
>>8979923
>>>/his/
>>>/lit/
>>
>>8979923
It's very easy to shit on Freud (and very popular too--every layman who knows literally nothing about him makes fun of his theory that everyone wants to fuck their mother, which incidentally isn't even what he believed) but a lot of Freud's ideas decent at a higher level--the idea that unconscious forces motivate the part of people's minds that reason about things, the idea that children go through developmental stages where they acquire specific psychological abilities-- these are actually pretty intelligent observations.

The specifics were conjectures that have largely been disconfirmed, and its a real shame that the literary academic left decided to turn psychoanalysis into a fucking meme religion and inject it into their interpretations long after it was discredited, because it makes Freud look worse than he was.
>>
>>8979927
this
>>
>>8979923
he pioneered psychoanalysis, which is the basis of clinical and practice psychiatry/psychology
>>
>>8979923
Nobody in the psychology field considers him to be the father of psychology. The father of the psychoanalytic perspective, yes. I would say the father of psychology was Pavlov. It was the first useful, proven contribution to the field.
>>
>>8979977
It really isn't.
I've seen a couple psychoanalysts, but they seem to be pretty rare. And old.
Like a dying practice
>>
>>8979933
good post
>>
>>8979923
>hating on the father of psychology
nice oedipal complex kiddo
>>
>>8979933
>literary academic left
I think you mean pseudo-left, anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.