[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue Brain Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bluebrainproject.jpg (66KB, 648x569px) Image search: [Google]
bluebrainproject.jpg
66KB, 648x569px
I found this article on NY Post claiming the brain has been discovered working in 11 dimensions.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/13/the-human-brain-sees-the-world-as-an-11-dimensional-multiverse/

Has anyone here heard more about this? Is this real? What does this mean?
>>
>>8978001
>What does this mean?

The mainstream media is a tagline-centric cesspool designed to most effectively cater to advertising metrics.
>>
I've seen one of the articles about it, the test done was utilizing geometrical shapes that cluster together to simulate how the brain processes complex information.

Whether it the brain ACTUALLY works in 11 dimensions is highly debatable. It's most likely people mistaken the methods of interpretation as the methods in action.
>>
The general public does not know what "dimension" means. So I do not trust that article to tell me what the research investigated.
>>
>>8978001
>>8978027
Just read the paper they link to. Basically all that's happening is they are modeling aspects of the brain via graph theory and then using tools from algebraic topology to understand properties of these graphs, specifically homology, sure, some of the objects constructed to these calculations exist in higher dimensions, but remember, these are just calculations to understand aspects of the graph embedded in the 3 dimensions, so no, we are not "thinking in 11 dimensions" we just gain insight into the brain using calculations of objects in 11 dimensions.
>>
HOLY FUCk AND ARTIFICIAL NERUAL NETWORKS WORK IN HUNDREDS OF DIMENSIONS. THEY ARE MORE SELF AWARE THAN EVEN HUMANS BECAUSE HUMANS ONLY THINK IN 11 DIMENSIONS OH MY GOD
>>
File: doubt.jpg (30KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
30KB, 600x909px
If was perceiving 11 dimensions I think I'd know it.
>>
>>8978001
Jesus Christ, fucking mathematicians.
Neurons have the coordination number of 11 dimensional objects, nothing Magic about that.
>>
>>8978001
3D vision
1D smell
3D hearing
1D tasting
3D sensing
----------------- +
11D experiencing of the world
>>
>>8978001
>I found this article on NY Post
Stopped reading here. The NY post is not a science journal.
>>
>>8978523
here's the original article then:
http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fncom.2017.00048/full

The NYpost is full of crap. There's nothing about dimensions or us thinking in 11 of them in the article. The article is about network connectivity, made insightfull by analyzing it in a certain way.
>>
>>8978507
what the fuck is 1D tasting and how would 2D look like? The fuck does it even mean?
>>
>>8978657
You can taste chicken, but you can't taste a chicken behind or in front of you, you mongoloid. It's obvious.
>>
>>8978731
you can taste if it's on the left or right of your tongue though
>>
>>8978809
Thats sensing
>>
my understanding is that the simulation model of the human brain required multi-dimensional math
>>
>>8978507
>3 colors + grey photoreceptors + 2D perception of the world as a projecton on the retina (the perception of depth is an interpretative process and not pure perception)
6-dimensional vision
4-dimensional tasting
>intensity + temperature + ?
n-dimensional sensing for n >= 2
>perception of the intensity of a smell + at least one other component
n-dimensional olfaction also for n >= 2
n-dimensional hearing also for n >= 2

n-dimensional experience of the world for n >=16
>>
>>8978043
At least i'm not the only one here autistic enough to go skimming through the paper.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.