[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Iron_Man_Vol_4_3_Textless-min.jpg (38KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Man_Vol_4_3_Textless-min.jpg
38KB, 550x825px
Alright /sci/olists (don't get triggered, I've been trying to find a word that begins with sci), I need your expertise.

Currently I'm studying physics (Unis here work... differently, just roll with it) and I'm "attending" some classes that bleed into one another, then get abandoned, and generally my curiculum is a mess.

Shit, we had a 1000pg Chem for the 1st semester, but in the 2nd Chem got throw out. We some weird Math whose title I can't write in English (think infinite dimensions & vectors, but obviously more advanced), that appear in one semester, then get thrown away, and the cycle continues. Same with programming.

Anyway, as you can see, my Uni here sucks, since nobody really "learns" anything. Everybody just struggles to get through the 500pg required reading of each subject in those 2 months we have, and that's it.

My general question here is that if I want to get into a sort of engineering/physics "merge" during my post-grad what do I need to study? I want to get into the arms industry and then move towards artificial limbs and robotics as soon as I've got enough funding.

Do I need to research programming on my own? Maybe something bussiness related? I don't really care about my "GPA", because a 10 and a 6 are of the same importance to the US (I mean, shit, I'll have to go against Harvard & MIT graduates, the number I have my diploma from my literally-who Uni doesn't mean shit).

Also, any tricks to study more? I'm a lazy fucking slob and I've started slipping (I did well in the first semester, but in the second one I'm likely going to flunk half the subjects).

PS: Pic Related 'cause ever since I was a wee lad I wanted to be Iron Man. And before you jump on me, MY Tony Stark is before RDJ destroyed his character. I'm not a r/eddit-pleb...
>>
>>8977200
why not /sci/entists
>>
>>8977281
Eh, too easy. It's like going /tv/fans, instead of fa/tv/irgins.
>>
BUMPing 'cause I need your help.
>>
Late night bump.
>>
>>8977281
sci/zophrenics?
>>
>>8977281
>>8977692
fa/sci/sts?
di/sci/ples?
>>
>>8977200
>the number I have my diploma from my literally-who Uni doesn't mean shit
yes it does
>>
>>8978780
>>8977200

This.Most people don't know anything about your college, when appraising you for a job or to admit you to a course, they will focus on your grades. If you want to move to another degree program in a better country / college, try googling the college you want and looking at their prospectus, they will typically make it clear what they expect from undergrads.
>>
>>8978780
>>8978808
I was talking about when I'll be done with all of my studies and start job hunting. I'm not saying I'm striving for a 5/10 diploma, but I fail to see how my number matters a great deal to fereign corporations.

I mean, say I apply at a US firm. There'll be at least one guy from MIT with a 10/10. Another from Harvard. Another from Yale. Etc, etc. Whether I have a 9/10 from "Literally-Who-Uni-of-literally-who-gives-a-shit-County" or a 7/10, I don't see my chances of being hired being that different.

Also, does anybody have any recs on what subjects I need to study on my own? Nobody has really given that part of the question any attention.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.