[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about IQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: malkmus.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
malkmus.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
When I was in 6th grade my teacher recommended me to a lady who administers tests because I wasn't doing well in school and I was given what I now believe to be an IQ test which I scored in the 110's on. I cant really remember the test itself but the certificate was broken into two sections: english and maths. I scored significantly higher on the english (or writing skills) than I did on the maths and looking back on it I'm not convinced that I tried my hardest on the maths section which I wouldnt have been interested in. In school I was exceptional at english and writing, which I really enjoyed, and then later on in music. I try to stay away from maths because it's not something I'm interested in at all but when it comes to art and especially music I pick up on things very easily, like learning instruments/ techniques etc.

I've taken IQ tests since then on the internet and stuff and I scored 135 in one which I found hard to believe cos it was only like 30 questions. Is it possible that my IQ is higher than 110 or does music and stuff not correlate to IQ... in which case is IQ flawed? Im in my 20s at the moment and I'm about to tour europe with my band so I'm doing very well but the thought that I could be dumb is kind of depressing. Taking an actual IQ test is off the table, I just want to know what you guys' opinion is of IQ in general. Could I be dumb and still excel in music or does it matter?
>>
File: 1absZ.jpg (26KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1absZ.jpg
26KB, 413x395px
>>8977151
>IQ
>>
>>8977151
Let's say you take an IQ test tomorrow. In one scenario you score 91. In another scenario you score 140.

What changes in regards to what you have or will achieve? You said you're doing well in music already, so finding out you have a low IQ is gonna change that how, exactly? It's not like you'll get any dumber or smarter the very moment you find what your IQ is. Your intelligence will remain exactly the same, so what's the point?
>>
>>8977151
IQ is a useless concept. Just look at mensa: the only group who gives a shit about quantifying and bragging about intelligence, they have yet to do anything of note as an organization.
>>
>>8977151
>Could I be dumb and still excel in music or does it matter?
Beethoven was bad at math.
>>
>>8977242
I know one and intelligence isn't always used for good. Teh result of an IQ test is basically the willingness and ability of a given monkey to solve logical intelligence puzzles to the delight of some other monkeys but as a monkey remember, there will always be a monkey better than you and worse than you. Really an exercise in vanity. Fucking monkeys.
>>
>>8977221
you're right but I guess I like to think I'm 'smart'. to find out I'm not would be upsetting. I just find it funny how at maths I'm average but when it comes to music I really excel... so I dont understand how that works.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.