[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the required reading before I can read this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (61KB, 709x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
61KB, 709x1080px
What is the required reading before I can read this book?
>>
basic group + ring + field theory/complex analysis

just open it up and you'll see lol
>>
>>8973400
Phenomenology of the Spirit and competency in Non-philosophy are the bare minimum
>>
Don't book usually sum up in the introductory chapter the thing you're supposed to know? If so then just get books from areas they mention and you should be golden.
>>
>>8973400
Never too late to learn! Good for you!
>>
>>8973400
Usually in the preface they state what they assume you should know and what would be useful knowing.
>>
>>8973400
>http://www.maa.org/press/maa-reviews/a-course-in-arithmetic
>The book assumes you already have a good working knowledge of fields, rings, groups, modules, and linear algebra. It uses everyday results from these fields with no explanation. This produces very short proofs and developments. For example, all the essentials of p-adic numbers are worked out in 8 pages. The proofs are short not because they leave out a lot of steps, but because they assume you already know a lot of background (historically a lot of these number theory topics were raw material for the more abstract algebraic theories).
>Bottom line: this book will expand your horizons, but you should already have a good knowledge of algebra and of classical number theory before you begin.
>>
>>8973400
lol like kindergarden math idk faggot i do know how to multiply and divide
u should get some algebra instead like Gelfand desu
>>
>>8973400

>GRADUATE text in mathematics

Come on op... They put that up there for a reason.
>>
>>8974426
>>
>>8974567

Whats your point brainletto?
>>
>>8974426
Actually a decent amount of the time even for more advanced texts you need "mathematical maturity" more so than a bunch of prerequisites.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.