[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone tried handwriting notes on a tablet/Ultrabook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Anyone tried handwriting notes on a tablet/Ultrabook?
>>
I have. Its gimmicky and impractical in my opinion
>>
>>8972465

consumer whore
>>
>>8972465
seems like a horrible idea
>>
>>8972465
..whats wrong with paper? ..or latex?

It's like your trying to be a retard
>>
File: 1494978572260.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494978572260.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Chem PhD here, for years I've been using a shitty $300 Surface Pro 1 exclusively for notetaking. People think I'm retarded for using a gimmick, then they ask me to share my god-tier meticulous notes.

LaTeX and the like aren't suitable for chemistry. Notetaking tablets are just fancy pen & paper except they let you undo, copy/paste, make templates, and distribute notes with ease. I legitimately think this is the future, stop fighting it you luddites.

A very common misconception is that it's even vaguely comparable to those awful styli they sell for iPhones. Even the shitty Surface Pro 1 is sensitive to tilt and pressure, and disables hand feedback when you rest your palm on the tablet - writing feels perfectly natural, just like on paper.

Also all my notebooks back-up automatically to my dropbox and also my desktop's hard drive. That's right buddy, don't give me any of that "oh it's so risky though!" shit. It's safer than keeping your notes in a notebook.
>>
>>8972908
>>not taking all your notes in SMILES
it's almost as if you don't want to datamine your notes
>>
>>8972908
Chem Plebian here, also take notes on a Surface Pro. 1
Never going back to paper, being able to pull up my notes on demand from all my computers and devices is more handy than you would think.
Dont talk shit on the surface either. For 300 bucks ( I paid 200 for a refurbished one) its a great fucking deal. Except the touch cover, that thing is aids to use.
>>
Chem plebs everywhere
>>
i have a surface pro 4. dont use it for anything besides typing.

dont even use the touchscreen.

typing is just so much faster than writing, and my field doesnt require anything other than hardcore rote learning, typing is perfect.
>>
>>8972934
Wtf anon, the touch screen makes it easy as hell to navigate why would you not use it or pay for it if you don't
>>
I use a surface pro 4 its perfect, get the with the time you brainlets
>>
>>8972908
You've sold me sempai, i'll upgrade from my solidworks 32bit edition chugger to something substantially more retarded but practical for note-taking.
>>
>>8972465
/g/ here

I used an X61 tablet I bought for 200 bucks a few years ago to take 3 years of notes. Xournal is fantastic for just simple note taking.
>>
I use my Note 10.1 daily for note taking
>>
File: Capture.png (235KB, 1509x845px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
235KB, 1509x845px
>>8972465
I had a bunch of money left over from a summer internship so I went all out and got a surface book, I always got compliments for my notes (pic related).
I think from now on I'll only handwrite notes instead of basically just copying powerpoint slides onto a onenote file, since I don't know how well that helped me retain shit
>>
>>8972465
dont do it. it's a fucking meme
>>
>>8975078
Why did you change if it was getting you compliments?
>>
>>8972465
I use a surface pro 4 for uni. Unless you are a complete pillock you will use typing for anything wordy, but for maths equations, chemical formulae, diagrams etc its much better

The actual writing can't compete with basic pen and paper though
>>
>>8975120
To me it seems a bit pointless to essentially just type what's already on a powerpoint slide, since the whole point of doing that is to try and retain the information being presented to you.
I've been repeatedly told writing is much better at retention than typing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.