[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chemical Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1486321757084.jpg (26KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1486321757084.jpg
26KB, 720x405px
/sci/ Recommend me some literature on chemical engineering

What should I read/study to broaden knowledge?
(I'm rising senior)
>>
>Chemical Engineering

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/chemical-engineers.htm
>>
>>8972214
How does this help me?
>>
>>8972218
Well, it helps you to understand that your degree has shit job prospects. Maybe take your time now to try and secure a job before its too late.
>>
>>8972170
meatspin.com
>>
>>8972701
>~$100,000 average yearly salary
>shit

Lmao™!
>>
File: Breaking_bad_wallpaper.jpg (215KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking_bad_wallpaper.jpg
215KB, 1600x900px
>>8972170 >>8972214 >>8972701 >>8972730
>~$100,000 average yearly salary

~60 new jobs in USA each year.
>https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/chemical-engineers.htm
More than 11000 ChemE degrees awarded each year in USA.
>https://datausa.io/profile/cip/140701/

Good luck competing for those 60 jobs against more than 11000 new graduates each year.
>>
File: 7xh1khvqr8_31sl11qlym_file.jpg (25KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
7xh1khvqr8_31sl11qlym_file.jpg
25KB, 460x305px
>>8972170 >>8972701 >>8972764
But if You are struggling to find a job you always can start you own (((business)))
>>
>>8972764
chemical engineer specific jobs sure but chemical engineering is very jack of all trade-ish.
>>
>>8972730
The salary ain't shit but its incredibly difficult to find work. I was a chemeng major util I heard some horror stories from people who struggled to find work. I switched majors since I didn't want to end up unemployed. It sucks because I'd love to study the subject but employment is my main concern.
>>
>>8972828
What other fields could you enter with the degree?
>>
>tfw you choose chem eng major because you love chem & bio
>tfw you feel like you're sacrificing a little bit because you love the chem and bio while just tolerate the engineering part but thats ok because you're told that chem engs have huge job prospects while undergrad chems/biochems/bios are fucked
>tfw you find out in your sophomore year that you were force fed shit and chem engs are also in a downturn

Literally have zero fucking idea what to do with my life.

>>8972764

after talking with a few chemengs, I found out those numbers are skewed. oil and gas pays big bucks which skews those numbers, but since o&g is in a huge downturn, there are more jobs being lost then there are being created.
>>
>>8973000

Why not biomedical engineering? I too was considering chemical engineering (currently doing some sort of biochemistry degree, but only in my sophomore year so plenty of time to change), but I'm considering switching out. I really want to go into either public or private biotech research, and it doesn't terribly matter what I research as long as it pays me well since I just love tinkering with the chemical structure of proteins and whatnot. Unfortunately, I really don't know where to begin.
>>
>>8973019
I'm still a student myself, but from I understand, is that its because bioeng is still young. The number of jobs in the field may grow to be very large, but for at least the next 5-10 years, it's still going to be a small field. Plus from what I gather, is that the few employers that do hire bioengs REALLY want you have grad schooling, more so than most other eng fields
>>
>>8973027

I don't care if I need to get a masters. As long as I'm a master of biological and chemical manipulation, I'm down. Hopefully I can get it without needing to pay much for it too.

What were you considering instead? I'm personally having a really hard time believing that the new biotech boom won't need at least biochemists or chemical biologists.
>>
>>8972170
Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook
>>
>>8973031
it would need biochems, but as I said, i'm led to believe the bio boom thats expected happen is still a bit off. But again, im still a student. I'm just giving second hand info

As for what I'm considering, i have no idea. I choose chem eng since i know i want to be involved in chem/bio, I love wet lab work, but it looks like it may I either have to settle for different field, or just tough it out and see if things can work out. For the nearterm a BS in chemeng still has the best prospects of those majors, but its not exactly great.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.