[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuval Noah Harari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 5616.jpg (8KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
5616.jpg
8KB, 300x180px
>‘Homo sapiens as we know them will disappear in a century or so’

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/mar/19/yuval-harari-sapiens-readers-questions-lucy-prebble-arianna-huffington-future-of-humanity

Is this Israeli right? Are we really one of the last generations of Homo Sapiens?
>>
>>8968861
I really hope so.
>>
>>8968861
hes a historian, not a scientist. What does he know about the future?
>>
>>8968861
I think he means that people you know wont live for more than a century
>>
>>8969252
scientist is very broad term. If he had a degree in zoology his statements would be more valid?

And just beacuse he has a degree in history dosent he cant know other stuff.
>>
>>8968861
>as we know them
We're going to change, not disappear.
>>
File: 1484372025204.png (719KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484372025204.png
719KB, 1024x576px
>Maybe it is that by gaining more power over the world, over the environment, we will be able to make ourselves happier and more satisfied with life. Looking again from a perspective of thousands of years, we have gained enormous power over the world and it doesn’t seem to make people significantly more satisfied than in the stone age.
Good thing he apparently has "breathtaking" writing skills, because he's otherwise dumb as a goddamned box of rocks.
>>
>>8969252
I was hoping he'd be a seer.
>>
>>8968861
why are jews obsessed with the end of humanity? Evolution of species takes hundreds of thousands of years, at least for large species. Unless there is catastrophic climate change humans will stay like this for a few 100,000 years.
>>
>>8970745
Judaism in its distilled form is pure eschatology. The return of the Messiah, the judgement of all goyim and paradise subsequently ushered in.
>>
of course the humans as we know them will disappear in a century, humans dont live that long.
fortunately there will be new humans
>>
>>8968861
Hes lectures are /comfy/ if youre into dystopian futurism. Although I think you have to take whateer he says with a grain of salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ1yS9JIJKs
>>
>>8970745
>What is technological progress?
Theres a good chance that if you live in a highly developed western country, your grand children or great grandshildren will probably be considerably smarter than yourself as a result of advances in Human genetic engineering like CrisprCas and brain augmentation. To the average African or south Asian street sweeper in the year 2150, theyd probably be closer to Gods. If you think todays society are unequal, just wait til we have the technological means to radically augment ourselves and our offspring.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.